Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why the Jaguars need to give Gus a few more years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think I've seen the board's mods and longtime participants say this forth year was necessary because Gus didn't have any talent to work with his first three years. Well it looks like he still doesn't have any talent to work with. Defense still allowing the same numbers of points, offense still can't do anything.

Better sign Gus up for four more years and get rid of Caldwell so that Gus can truly get a fair chance to coach a team with enough talent to compete with mediocre teams like the tacks.
Quote:I think I've seen the board's mods and longtime participants say this forth year was necessary because Gus didn't have any talent to work with his first three years. Well it looks like he still doesn't have any talent to work with. Defense still allowing the same numbers of points, offense still can't do anything.

Better sign Gus up for four more years and get rid of Caldwell so that Gus can truly get a fair chance to coach a team with enough talent to compete with mediocre teams like the tacks.

So you are saying get rid of Dave and keep Gus? Surely you having to be trolling because there is no way this is serious.
Please ban this troll for life.

Quote:Please ban this troll for life.

Look at his name.
I get it.  Well done. 

Though in this environment, I doubt you'll find any takers.  I think even the biggest Gus fans won't show their faces anymore.

I agree, give him  3-5 year contract extension today. Let him take his time and sweep the corners as the janitor.

Quote:Please ban this troll for life.
Whoosh.
Quote:I get it. Well done.

Though in this environment, I doubt you'll find any takers. I think even the biggest Gus fans won't show their faces anymore.

My fear at this point is the rest of the year is spent reinforcing everything bad about what Gus teaches and makes what talent is on the roster lesser for the next coach thanks to losing the edge they had before being here.

I don't expect the "he needs the opportunity to show what he can do with decent players" gang to show up and eat their crow, but i think at this point everyone can agree those like myself that pointed out we'd never seen Gus out coach anyone were correct about him.
Actually, I do think it is/was a fair statement to say that Gus didn't have much talent on the field to work with his first three years. That is not at all the case this year (at least on paper). So this year Gus is being legitimately exposed as a failure at head coach. We are no better now after four years than we were when Gus came here; the only difference is that we now have 'legit' talent on the field. Too bad it's being wasted under this present coaching regime. Too bad the fans are having to endure another season of their team stinking the game up. Too bad none of us actually own a working crystal ball (like something off of harry potter) who could've foreseen and warned the GM and owner about all this so that corrective action could've been taken sooner.

We're looking at the distinct possibility of a season record this year of no better than maybe 3-13.

Too bad.

I didn't get whooshed.....Hacker was trying to be funny last night on Twitter and nothing could make that moment funny.  This wasn't funny either. 

SeldomRite is correct though, he got smoked by Mularkey.

There was no need for even the third year. It was pretty clear after two years. 

Head coaching is a lot more than just Xs and Os and philosophy. Take a good look at the staff he assembled. It was a total failure and he learned nothing from mistakes replacing them with different mediocre coordinators.

What puzzled me was the extension they gave him! 

The extension made sense.  Even if he falls flat on his face and we fire him mid-season, it was logical to give him an extension to show stability here.  That would attract free agents and help with morale.  Contracts can be broken, so it's not like it cost Khan much to do that (considering his net worth).

Quote:The extension made sense. Even if he falls flat on his face and we fire him mid-season, it was logical to give him an extension to show stability here. That would attract free agents and help with morale. Contracts can be broken, so it's not like it cost Khan much to do that (considering his net worth).

I don't see how it made sense. You think Malik signed with Jax because Gus still had two years on his contact? There's no way Gus wouldn't have signed up for another contract after this year had he done well enough to merit one. As it is Khan essentially just signed up to waste a few million dollars.

Really last year was enough to see what Gus did with quality players and a historically easy schedule. Now he's going back for his second pass since apparently showing it once wasn't enough.
It's his own money, who cares if he wasted it?

Imagine yourself hunting for a job.  I personally wouldn't want to go somewhere where the department manager was on super thin ice and about to be fired any minute.

Quote:It's his own money, who cares if he wasted it?

Imagine yourself hunting for a job. I personally wouldn't want to go somewhere where the department manager was on super thin ice and about to be fired any minute.

Malik came for money, he clearly didn't come because Gus showed something last year. NFL players aren't like wage slaves in an office. Sure we all like stability, but if stability was his thing above all he'd have signed in Denver for less.

I'm sure Shad cares about wasting his money.
I'm let down.

When I opened the thread, I was expecting...

"JUST KIDDING!"

This cant be life
Quote:Better sign Gus up for four more years and get rid of Caldwell so that Gus can truly get a fair chance to coach a team with enough talent to compete with mediocre teams like the tacks.

Gotta lock him up before other teams come calling !!   Imagine Gus bringing that Seattle South Defense to Indy and teaming that up with Andrew Luck on offense.  They'd dominate the AFC South for years to come.
Quote:Gotta lock him up before other teams come calling !! Imagine Gus bringing that Seattle South Defense to Indy and teaming that up with Andrew Luck on offense. They'd dominate the AFC South for years to come.
Maybe we should go post that on Jim Irsay's Twitter? I mean, Caldwell managed to get a draft pick for Gabbey, maybe this bag of lemons can still make some lemonade.
Fire them both.

Pages: 1 2