Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to believe that this guy is the next Dwight Freeney like the media painted him out to be during training camp.... but the guy is looking more and more like a bust. No pass rush moves. Lines up offsides. Commits personal fouls. 

Someone tell me I'm wrong, because I really hope I am.

He is basically still a rookie with 7 games under his belt. I would never expect any Defensive rookie LB or DL to ever be a difference maker in their first year of play. So far he has shown some skill. 

Everyone says the same thing: Gus Bradley is to blame for all penalties. When we get new coaches, that will stop and we will see him do what we drafted him for.

Quote:He is basically still a rookie with 7 games under his belt. I would never expect any Defensive rookie LB or DL to ever be a difference maker in their first year of play. So far he has shown some skill. 
He has benched in favor of a TRUE rookie in Ngakuoue..
My post in the other thread:

He's only played 7 games and he has an imbecile as a head coach who wouldn't know how to us him correctly if he came with step by step instructions.
Quote:My post in the other thread:

He's only played 7 games and he has an imbecile as a head coach who wouldn't know how to us him correctly if he came with step by step instructions.

As sad as it is that our coach couldn't follow a paint by numbers kit, how can anyone look at it any other way at this point? I don't think I've collectively seen the fans in such unison that this is just absolutely pathetic in well ever. 
Seems like most of the gators we draft never amount to anything.

Fowler has been another disappointment to me, considering all the hype about how good he was at UF.

Why are people surprised, I said it when we drafted him anyone that watched the Gators knows Fowler is a one trick pony. He beat players with speed, if they squared up on him he's out of the play he can't shed blocks. Now factor in that speed isn't as big of a factor in the NFL (since the competition is just as fast) and he's playing on a damaged knee the odd's of him being anything more than a schemed role player are pretty bad.

That's why you don't take tweeners in the top 10 the risk reward isn't there. But we had to find a "LEO" for David and Gus's scheme, just another example of building around a scheme is a flawed strategy.

Quote:Bust.

Like Bortles.
Quote:He is basically still a rookie with 7 games under his belt. I would never expect any Defensive rookie LB or DL to ever be a difference maker in their first year of play. So far he has shown some skill. 
How about Bosa?
Quote:Like Bortles.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You were the one advocating for slot WR Lamar Jackson at QB. You also thought Kaepernick and RG3 were good a few years back on here. I'll trust my scouts, you can trust ESPN and beatniks for your info
Quote:Why are people surprised, I said it when we drafted him anyone that watched the Gators knows Fowler is a one trick pony. He beat players with speed, if they squared up on him he's out of the play he can't shed blocks. Now factor in that speed isn't as big of a factor in the NFL (since the competition is just as fast) and he's playing on a damaged knee the odd's of him being anything more than a schemed role player are pretty bad.

That's why you don't take tweeners in the top 10 the risk reward isn't there. But we had to find a "LEO" for David and Gus's scheme, just another example of building around a scheme is a flawed strategy.

Yup. Awful pick just like Jockel. Didn't Fowler only have 12 sacks in college in 3 years? He's not very good.
Quote:Whatever helps you sleep at night. You were the one advocating for slot WR Lamar Jackson at QB. You also thought Kaepernick and RG3 were good a few years back on here. I'll trust my scouts, you can trust ESPN and beatniks for your info

You could have just said this nonsense in the other thread instead of trying to make an idiotic point in two seperate threads. But being as that you're one thick headed troll, here's my quote from the Lamar Jackson thread in the NFL Draft forums: 

Quote:He can prove me wrong, but I see him as just a college QB also. 

Yeah, definitely looks like I'm advocating for Lamar Jackson. Dude you talk so much BS to people you can't even keep track of who says what. Also while I was here prior to my join date you of course don't know who I was and LOL at me wanting Kaepernick or RG3. You're literally turning into a complete joke, if you weren't already. 

Quote:
He can prove me wrong, but I see him as just a college QB also. 

Quote:You could have just said this nonsense in the other thread instead of trying to make an idiotic point in two seperate threads. But being as that you're one thick headed troll, here's my quote from the Lamar Jackson thread in the NFL Draft forums:

Yeah, definitely looks like I'm advocating for Lamar Jackson. Dude you talk so much [BAD WORD REMOVED] to people you can't even keep track of who says what. Also while I was here prior to my join date you of course don't know who I was and LOL at me wanting Kaepernick or RG3. You're literally turning into a complete joke, if you weren't already.

The ignorance on this message board is astounding. One minute they call Bortles a drunk. Next minute they say he sucks because of INTs. Then he throws for 330 yards 3 TD and 0 INT and they still say he sucks. 97 QB rating last night.

Do you actually have a clue what the problem is on this team? Bringing in a Jared Goff like QB (judging by fowler and Jockel, that's who the Jags would draft), you think that will fix this teams #31 running game and #26 scoring defense?

Mods, can we get the TMD AE removed?

Quote:Mods, can we get the TMD AE removed?

For what? Stating my opinion on a message board? An opinion that's always been right! Gus Bradley started with a 28 ppg scoring defense and 4 years later still has a 28 ppg scoring defense.

People are mad because I've been right the whole time

Quote:For what? Stating my opinion on a message board? An opinion that's always been right! Gus Bradley started with a 28 ppg scoring defense and 4 years later still has a 28 ppg scoring defense.

People are mad because I've been right the whole time
No, just for sheer stupidity.

Don't worry, I know you won't understand it.
Quote:The ignorance on this message board is astounding. One minute they call Bortles a drunk. Next minute they say he sucks because of INTs. Then he throws for 330 yards 3 TD and 0 INT and they still say he sucks. 97 QB rating last night.

Do you actually have a clue what the problem is on this team? Bringing in a Jared Goff like QB (judging by fowler and Jockel, that's who the Jags would draft), you think that will fix this teams #31 running game and #26 scoring defense?

We all know Bortles isn't the only problem, but you keep advocating for him like you know 100% with a better coaching staff that he'll turn into a franchise QB. It's one thing to state your opinion on it and then move on but you literally fight tooth and nail with every message board poster that dares question you about it, and what happens when we get a new coaching staff before he has the ability to leave town and it doesn't work out? You think I'll be complaining if it works out? No? I don't care who the QB is as long as we're winning and we aren't winning anything with anyone because of the coaching staff first and foremost (AGAIN EVERYONE AGREES WITH THAT). 
Quote:We all know Bortles isn't the only problem, but you keep advocating for him like you know 100% with a better coaching staff that he'll turn into a franchise QB. It's one thing to state your opinion on it and then move on but you literally fight tooth and nail with every message board poster that dares question you about it, and what happens when we get a new coaching staff before he has the ability to leave town and it doesn't work out? You think I'll be complaining if it works out? No? I don't care who the QB is as long as we're winning and we aren't winning anything with anyone because of the coaching staff first and foremost (AGAIN EVERYONE AGREES WITH THAT).

Ahhhhh you finally admitted it. Of course with better coaching, he's a franchise QB. His talent is undeniable
Quote:Ahhhhh you finally admitted it. Of course with better coaching, he's a franchise QB. His talent is undeniable

Oh lord, I'm pretty sure I can look back in my posts and find at least 5 other times when I admitted he's a terrible coach. 
Pages: 1 2 3