Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Next up - the Seahawks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
After just watching the beat down the Seahawks put on the Eagles, sadly I honestly cant see us winning this game.  even as depleted as the Seattle defense has become, they still know how to hide their weaknesses well enough for the next-man-up to work in their favor.  We wont be able to score enough to keep pace, and they will outcoach us.  our defense will be on the field too long chasing Wilson, and we will eventually run out of steam by the 4th quarter.  So much for all the media know-it-alls who already had Philly in the SB.  Realistically, I'm thinking somewhere around 27 - 13 Hawks.
i think we'll be fine. We should be able to finish the sacks philly couldnt. that should be the difference. 20-17 jags assuming telvin plays
Tough game but contain Wilson, much like Mariota, and the game is very winnable. Will need to use their defensive speed against them as well...up the gut or behind the LBers. That edge stuff won’t work.
Not sure what to expect but it is definitely going to be a good test next Sunday. Would help if Telvin plays.
Seattle is definitely a tough out, hardest game on the schedule till the playoffs. Russel Wilson is legit elite. But our D has shut down legit guys before, especially on a 1 dimensional offense. The difference will be Bortles and Fournette against Seattle D. Honestly, even with the way Blake has played this season, I don't like that for us. Fournette has not looked the same since he came back from injury also. That Seattle D is not as good as ours, but still good enough to shutdown our pretty much below average offense.

And even tho our D is better, Wilson is much better than Bortles, and I think he will score 20+ points someway somehow. I just don't have confidence that our O will score even the 14 points they need too against that Seattle D (I expect our D to give us 7 at some point, can't be as 1 dimensional as Seattle against a D as good as ours without turnovers).

I think this one will be ugly. The only good news is that I am sure the team isn't overlooking Seattle like they did against the Jets and Cards (IMO). They will want to come out and make a statement.
With any luck the trip accross country will wear on them a little allowig the Jaguars to FG them to death...

Seahawks 17
Jags 18
As long as the Jags can contain Wilson we should be fine. Their secondary is lacking due to injuries and if we play like we did today we can come away with the win
We match up with elite wrs no issues, and sea Durant have anyone elite. We contain wilson to the pocket and we can win this game.

Win the turnover battle and special teams. I believe there will be alot of punts.
I’m not worried unless Telvin is out and we play zone 8+ yards off the ball like we did with Arizona.
I agree with HandomeRob that Seattle is the biggest test on our schedule until the playoffs. Russell Wilson has been underrated by many, but Jaguars fans wish we could get the kind of consistency and level of play out of our QB. As good as our defense is, Wilson has gone up against possibly even a better group every day in practice. This will definitely be a tough matchup for our defense.

If Telvin Smith plays, I think Jack spies Wilson the entire game.

I think offensively, the key will be to control that front seven and keep the ball away from Earl Thomas. We can't let them get crazy and pressure Bortles. Hopefully we can get the running game going and control those guys.
I think we can win if we can stop the run. Wilson is too dangerous off play action.
We win this game and south champs is almost guaranteed.
I think if we contain Wilson we have a good chance of winning. Blake should be able to get things going if the WRs continue to catch the ball. Fournette is a little concerning, he seems to be hobbled by injuries and hesitant hitting holes. If the Titans can smoke the Hawks we can smoke them too... I don't think Tennessee is a better overall football team than us either. I also don't think the Eagles are as good as their record indicates(still a good team though), they have benefited from playing some bad teams too.
The return of LUKE JOECKEL! Will the JOKE get his revenge like Blaine did?
It's going to be a great game. This is a big test. The players will be focused. We'll find out what kind of team we have. No more cupcakes.

As usual, it depends on which Blake shows up for the game. If good Blake shows up, we can win.
People thought the same thing when we stomped Pittsburgh earlier this year. I am not sweating this one. They have to redeem themselves for that loss in Arizona still and they lost to the L.A Rams here as well. You can't let another NFC West team beat you. This is the perfect team and time to beat them to make us look more legit heading into the post season. I'll go out on a limb here.

Jacksonville - 24
Seattle - 16

I think our defense will have success against Wilson and I think Fournette will have a HUGE game against this defense for some reason I just think it's a game where we'll win it here at home to go up 9 - 4.
OP, the only way we win this one is if we let our SOUL-GLO!!!
all games are going to be tough from this point out. we are in play off race. we play teams who are still in the hunt,and one team that is looking to be a spolier thats the 49ers. Seahawks,tittians in playoff race. Texans are still in the hunt.

I'm not saying we can't win any of the. I'm just saying the rest of the year will be tough to win.
defense will need to be the #1 defense on Sunday for a chance to win.
Get Telvin back and this team has a good shot at winning. It’s a great test for this defense. I don’t see the Seahawks as unstoppable. We just have to make sure we do what we have done in most of our wins this year, avoiding the costly mistakes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9