Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coverage maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://506sports.com
This coverage map is sickening. 
[Image: hS-_ntFq1jP96FgwR7voHqVbnxMU-GnjxHxz03W3...d6176fe5fa]
I get it... Rams and Philly... two top teams battling for top seedings...
But c'mon... South Florida? Northwest Florida? We don't give two hoots about the Rams and Iggles!

Sick Wallbash
I thought the Eagles/Rams game should have been flexed to SNF. Showing it to most of the country makes sense. What NFC game do people in Northwest and South Florida care about that kicks of at 4:25?

But can someone explain nealry all of America seeing the Giants game? Yeah, the Cowboys are extremely popular, but they are playing against a team with 10 losses and no head coach.
Looking at this map, I don’t see how the NFL can even pretend that flexing this game was actually about ratings. Even if they think that they will have slightly more viewers in the Seahawks market with the later start, they’re taking away a significant part of a home field advantage from a team that is battling for a division title to appease a group of fair weather fans. This is ridiculous however you look at it.
(12-06-2017, 02:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Eagles/Rams game should have been flexed to SNF. Showing it to most of the country makes sense. What NFC game do people in Northwest and South Florida care about that kicks of at 4:25?

But can someone explain nealry all of America seeing the Giants game? Yeah, the Cowboys are extremely popular, but they are playing against a team with 10 losses and no head coach.

Dallas is still "America's Team"
Eli is coming back to the starting line up.

And the other options for that time slot are crap team vs crap team for the most part.

SNF is Balt and Pitt, playoff implications and AFCN title could be getting locked up.

I don't think they could have switched Eagles/Rams to SNF. That would reset Pitt and Balt to play on CBS, further limiting that audience and leaving only 1 Fox late game. Which apparently, the Hawks coming to town isn't enough of a draw for most Fox affiliates. Sad
I still get tacks/Cards...
Hmm...I just looked at the coverage map and it seems to be different than yours. I live in Nashville and was really excited that I would get to see the game but it doesn't look like I will be able to anymore.

[Image: 14-FOX-L.png]
(12-06-2017, 03:25 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...I just looked at the coverage map and it seems to be different than yours. I live in Nashville and was really excited that I would get to see the game but it doesn't look like I will be able to anymore.

[Image: 14-FOX-L.png]

Weird....

your picture is correct and I'm not sure how I got an incorrect one that was so close to the right one lol
(12-06-2017, 03:05 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at this map, I don’t see how the NFL can even pretend that flexing this game was actually about ratings. Even if they think that they will have slightly more viewers in the Seahawks market with the later start, they’re taking away a significant part of a home field advantage from a team that is battling for a division title to appease a group of fair weather fans. This is ridiculous however you look at it.

It is not jusct having more viewers in the Seattle market. The Seahawks have been flipping with the Falcons for a wild card spot and we're in the same positon for a division title. For the Seahawks, that means minimizing our HFA is important. I totally agree with the time change from a playoff picture standpoint, not just TV ratings. If we lose, you can't blame it all on the later kickoff.
(12-06-2017, 03:05 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at this map, I don’t see how the NFL can even pretend that flexing this game was actually about ratings. Even if they think that they will have slightly more viewers in the Seahawks market with the later start, they’re taking away a significant part of a home field advantage from a team that is battling for a division title to appease a group of fair weather fans. This is ridiculous however you look at it.

You know the NFL doesn't tell Fox who to show right?
They are required to show the game in-market. Out of market it is up to Fox.

If you look at the game that was flexed out, Carolina/Minny, they actually gained viewing areas by flexing to the earlier start time.
Either way Fox seems to like just about anyone other than Jax for its majority of viewing areas.

That all being said... adjustments are often made on Thursdays, so we could see coverages change a bit.
(12-06-2017, 03:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I still get tacks/Cards...

You were looking at the wrong network. Because the Cardinals host an AFC team, that one is on CBS. Look at the Fox map.
What a joke. I expected this though, another jab at the Jags. Huge favor for the Seahawks too with the late start.
(12-06-2017, 06:31 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]What a joke. I expected this though, another jab at the Jags. Huge favor for the Seahawks too with the late start.

NFL.com lets everyone know which games will be flexed when the decisions are made, so I knew about it. The bigger joke is Nasvhille losing coverage of our game.
(12-06-2017, 06:31 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]What a joke. I expected this though, another jab at the Jags. Huge favor for the Seahawks too with the late start.

Honestly, the networks are going to broadcast the games that they anticipate will draw the best ratings.  It's not a jab at anyone.  It's about getting the best return for the billions spent to show the games.  The bigger the audience the better for the networks.  Unfortunately, Jacksonville is still pretty much a regional team.  The LA and Philly markets are huge in comparison.  It's a no brainer.
This actually makes sense from an NFL/FOX Sports point-of-view.  The only two games that FOX had at 4:25 on Sunday were (Eagles @ Rams) and (Cowboys @ Giants).  The first game obviously has playoff implications while the second game has pretty much no playoff implications (other than Cowboys fighting for a wildcard).  They flexed in a game with playoff implications (Seahawks @ Jaguars) for the Cowboys/Giants game.

Then take a look at the FOX early games.  NONE of those games have any real playoff implications so FOX can broadcast the Cowboys/Giants game pretty much nationally and gain some revenue.

Face it.  The Seahawks @ Jaguars coverage would pretty much look the same whether it was a 1:00 game or a 4:25 game.

Now if the game was being broadcast on CBS the coverage map might look a bit different.
Don't worry, we'll get all the coverage we'd want come Feb 4th. Smile
Real fans watch Red Zone and it will be featured a lot. sorta like the Cards game where I was out of town but able to watch Red Zone and see how they screwed it up...
(12-06-2017, 08:48 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry, we'll get all the coverage we'd want come Feb 4th. Smile

Much earlier than that, obviously. We would get it most or all of January if that happens.
(12-06-2017, 09:11 PM)Doug-H Wrote: [ -> ]Real fans watch Red Zone and it will be featured a lot.sorta like the Cards game where I was out of town but able to watch Red Zone and see how they screwed it up...

Who screwed what up?

I had to record the second half of that game because my sister in Mississippi was down here for Thanksgiving weekend and wanted to see a play that evening. I had to remind myself not to visit NFL.com the rest of the night.
FOX broadcasters IMO are worse to listen to than any CBS crew.
Listening to Chris Myers is going to be brutal on Sunday.

Is there a website where I can see the rankings of each companies crew? Obviously CBS A-Team is Nance, and FOX is Joe Buck. I would find it interesting where everyone else ranks.
Seeing the maps makes one likely reason for the move of the Jaguars game to 4:25PM evident. This way, there won't be a conflict with the Bucs on FOX in the Orlando and Gainesville markets.
Pages: 1 2