Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So what happened at the end with the secondary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The defense looked suffocating the entire game. Then towards the end it was a total meltdown giving up the two huge TD's. From what I saw it looks like we where expecting Poz to cover the center field and then they got behind Church? Is this a weakness in our coverage scheme or did we just get caught with our pants down for couple of series? 

Either way they have to shore that up going into the playoffs, there's a mismatch or a bad package there somewhere?
Looked like Poz on the first and Ramsey on the 2nd.

Really we should've not played prevent defense against Wilson, that was the ultimate mistake

Also, we really need to keep in mind that both Church and Gipson aren't very reliable in open field situations
Prevent defense. Which prevents you from winning.

They got too comfortable with a lead and got caught
I think they got a little gased at the end and going prevent is usually a mistake. And Russell Wilson is a very good QB. He played us better than Big Ben did for sure. Lots of guys wouldn't have charged back like that.
Was tired. Had a bunch of short drives.
Also, I know Telvin was out, but in what universe should Poz be covering Baldwin? Lol
They can't run out of gas. Elite defense close games out. They almost didn't do that. The offense bailed them out big time!
(12-10-2017, 09:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I know Telvin was out, but in what universe should Poz be covering Baldwin? Lol

This^^
So was it prevent on the second TD? I know it looked like prevent on the first TD but wasn't sure on the 2nd one.
(12-10-2017, 09:20 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]They can't run out of gas.  Elite defense close games out.  They almost didn't do that.  The offense bailed them out big time!

Still human.
(12-10-2017, 09:20 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]They can't run out of gas.  Elite defense close games out.  They almost didn't do that.  The offense bailed them out big time!

They made the stop when they needed to, that's all that matters.
Playoff quarterbacks make plays
Good thing Blake is balling out there.
The defense got to soft and maybe too aggressive. I think the second td was on Church. Church was suppose to stay deep but got caught flat footed.
(12-10-2017, 09:24 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Playoff quarterbacks make plays

Precisely. Russell is a premium qb. I was worried the whole game even once we went up 17. I was telling my wife that this game isnt over yet. Russell the real deal and almost beat us. The dude is next level we just made on every more play than he did.
(12-10-2017, 09:15 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Either way they have to shore that up going into the playoffs, there's a mismatch or a bad package there somewhere?

This is pretty much all I can see in this whole thread.
Colvin's beautiful "oopsie-daisy" play was a lifesaver. Unfortunately, it will never work again.
(12-10-2017, 09:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin's beautiful "oopsie-daisy" play was a lifesaver. Unfortunately, it will never work again.

Made up for the 3 PI calls we didn't get.
(12-10-2017, 09:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin's beautiful "oopsie-daisy" play was a lifesaver. Unfortunately, it will never work again.

Lol true great heads up play by him
both long TD's came from the left slot position
Pages: 1 2