Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keelan Cole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Anyone else see special qualities in him? I mean stud, number 1 receiver qualities.

He's not extraordinarily tall, but he's long...really long arms.

He's fluid in his routes...something you can't really teach.

He's FAST. He runs like Randy Moss (not saying he's as fast, but he clocked at 20mph on that TD catch).

He has good hands (think he had a crucial drop in the Tenn(?) game, but he's improved since).

He looks to be natural and he possesses qualities that many receivers won't possess.

Next step for him is to GET STRONGER/BIGGER.

I think the sky is the limit for this guy.
He has a very high ceiling moving forward. If he and Westbrook finish strong this season, the looming tough decisions on Lee and Hurns get a little less consequential.
I think Hurns stays, though I think that will be tied to what the market is like for Lee. If he doesn't get what he wants on the market, i'd be cool with re-signing Lee and letting Hurns go, considering his recent injury history (funny since Lee seems to have overcome his injury history).

My depth chart would look like this next year:

AROB
Cole
Westbrook/Lee
Draft pick
Reminds me off a young J-Smoove actually...way too early to say that but he does.
(12-11-2017, 07:44 PM)JiggyJagStar Wrote: [ -> ]Reminds me off a young J-Smoove actually...way too early to say that but he does.

agree
if we're comparing him to our receivers of the past, i'd say he's like a combo Jimmy and Keenan. He's similar to Jimmy speed-wise, and he's built like Keenan and runs routes like Keenan
As much as I love Hurns I think its a good possibility Cole takes his place. Cole is doing most of his damage from the slot, coming on strong, healthy, and about 7 mil. cheaper. I think we trade or cut Hurns and use his money for A Rob. Just maybe though Dave will keep Hurns just in case we get the injury bug at the WR position.

https://youtu.be/DKgRcp4MvNs
I'm liking what I'm seeing from everyone here. I've been loving Cole on the field ever since he made that first circus catch earlier this year.
(12-11-2017, 08:12 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]I'm liking what I'm seeing from everyone here. I've been loving Cole on the field ever since he made that first circus catch earlier this year.

The 97 yard TD catch in pre-season was when I knew he was the real deal.  The way he burnt that corner is something most WR in the league cannot do. Its like he has a different gear than almost every receiver in the league and im not exaggerating when i say every receiver.
Who would have thought that after kicking woes, losing AROB, and losing Hurns, that we now:

Have solved our PR job
Have solved our kicking job (hopefully lol)
Have great young depth at receiver
Isn't this amazing? The Jags signed Cole and Hurns as undrafted free agents. Mickens was picked up in midseason (off of another teams practice squad?). The Jags have had a lot of success in finding undrafted WRs since Caldwell arrived.
I would honestly like to see a few play for Mickens in the offense. Dangerous with the ball in his hands. A good 5th receiver anyway
Plays a little like Terry Glenn, only problem is he is damn near 25 already not sure if he will get a ton better.
(12-11-2017, 08:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I love Hurns I think its a good possibility Cole takes his place.  Cole is doing most of his damage from the slot, coming on strong, healthy, and about 7 mil. cheaper.  I think we trade or cut Hurns and use his money for A Rob.  Just maybe though Dave will keep Hurns just in case we get the injury bug at the WR position.

https://youtu.be/DKgRcp4MvNs

I think it's a toss-up between Hurns and Lee as to who goes. Could be as simple as, "Hey Marqiuse, this is Allen's salary next year. How much less are you willing to take?", and, "Hey Allen, here's the number we're going to give Marqise. How much lower than that are you willing to go?".
(12-11-2017, 08:30 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Plays a little like Terry Glenn, only problem is he is damn near 25 already not sure if he will get a ton better.

He turns 25 in April.  24 is old lol?
It is old for a rookie, he is older than Arob. 21 year old rookies improve more than old rookies. Look at a guy like John Brown he was a beast as a rookie but never got better.
(12-11-2017, 08:35 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]It is old for a rookie, he is older than Arob.  21 year old rookies improve more than old rookies.  Look at a guy like John Brown he was a beast as a rookie but never got better.

You've been playing way too much Madden, bro.
I like them strong, big, and long. I think he has great potential.
I don't see any special qualities in him. League average receiver is his ceiling IMO. I believe Westbrook has much more upside.
(12-11-2017, 08:40 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]I like them strong, big, and long. I think he has great potential.

JIB, could you please just suspend me before I get into trouble here?

(12-11-2017, 08:51 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any special qualities in him. League average receiver is his ceiling IMO. I believe Westbrook has much more upside.

So are you watching the games on radio?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6