Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can we afford to rest our starters now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Complete embarrassment today. I don’t think any of us would be comfortable with this team taking 2 weeks off after today’s showing. 

We gotta beat the Tacks to redeem ourselves, cause this was pathetic.
(12-24-2017, 07:44 PM)IMojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Complete embarrassment today. I don’t think any of us would be comfortable with this team taking 2 weeks off after today’s showing. 

We gotta beat the Tacks to redeem ourselves, cause this was pathetic.

Coaches don’t think that way. I feel the starters will rest next week. Why risk the injury?
They better rest them, they clearly need it.
(12-24-2017, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They better rest them, they clearly need it.

You want to reward this trash play? I don't know think so. I bet they play all game next week.
(12-24-2017, 08:04 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2017, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They better rest them, they clearly need it.

You want to reward this trash play? I don't know think so. I bet they play all game next week.

Reward? Not risking injury in a meaningless game.
I think you do rest them next week unless the squeelers lose tomorrow.
Yes. And not an embarrassment. Did not have lee nor hurns. Plus a trigger happy ref team. So yes, I would rest all the starters.

If the tacks win so be it. We won the AFC South. Lets get ready for the playoffs.
If we would still be the 3 seed, win or lose next week, I’d rest the starters.
We can't afford to NOT rest our starters. If we play them we're stupid.
Yup, this team isnt geting a #2, #1 seed
I think they should play a quarter or so after this performance. Let Hurns play most of the game
Lose next week yo the titans and you have to play them again the following week. I'd rather not do that
(12-24-2017, 08:37 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]If we would still be the 3 seed, win or lose next week, I’d rest the starters.

We're locked into the 3. We have the tiebreaker over KC.

(12-24-2017, 08:40 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Lose next week yo the titans and you have to play them again the following week. I'd rather not do that

I'd probably rather see them than the Chargers.
Have to rest them.

As much as it stinks, would prefer to lose to Titans as well:

If Jags beat the Titans in week 17, Titans are out of playoffs. But Jags would play the Chargers if they beat Raiders at 4:25 pm which is most likely to happen. If Chargers lose and the Bills win, then Jaguars play the Bills.

If Jags lose to Titans in week 17, they should be replaying the Titans in Wildcard Playoff game.
(12-24-2017, 08:39 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]We can't afford to NOT rest our starters. If we play them we're stupid.

TC doesn't think this way.  When he coached the giants he never rested his players.
Why not? I remember one team lost and got the other team in playoffs. And crushed um following week.
(12-24-2017, 08:45 PM)jagman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2017, 08:39 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]We can't afford to NOT rest our starters. If we play them we're stupid.

TC doesn't think this way.  When he coached the giants he never rested his players.

Ha, Coughlin posts here?
Idk man this was the worst outcome.. sittng guys after this joke of a performance might not be good.. also losing to the titans then playing them again sounds awful, as does playing the chargers if we win

Feeling like we r in a bad spot here all the sudden :-(
I think our backups can beat the tacks to be honest. Grant, Tj, bohanon, oshanna, mickens, Westbrook. Sounds good to me.

Rest Lee Hurns and Cole. 4Net, Ivory, Lewis. And force Henne to beat his mentor malarkey.
We don’t have enough backups now to rest all starters lol; at least at the WR position. Lol
Pages: 1 2 3