Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Scobee should be in the Pride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dude's loyal
I'm good with that.
1000% agree. Scobee is the best kicker we've ever had. Even Mike Hollis, was damn good, lives in his shadow.
(12-29-2017, 12:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]He's still one of the good guys. 

https://twitter.com/JoshScobee10/status/...2894703616

That is classic!

I don't know if he should go in on his merits.  He IS a kicker, after all. 

But that account warrants him consideration, if true.
No. If you start putting anyone in there, it no longer has any meaning. Being a good guy is only part of the equation.
(12-29-2017, 06:49 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]No. If you start putting anyone in there, it no longer has any meaning. Being a good guy is only part of the equation.

Scobee is not only one of the good guys, he is a fan favorite and leading franchise scorer.
(12-29-2017, 06:49 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]No. If you start putting anyone in there, it no longer has any meaning. Being a good guy is only part of the equation.

Agreed. The Jags need some other way of remembering guys like Scobee, Brackens, Mathis, etc. Maybe if they do the Cordish development by the stadium they can incorporate a Jaguars Hall of Fame or maybe they could develope some kind of All-Time Jags Team?
(12-29-2017, 07:44 AM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]

Scobee is not only one of the good guys, he is a fan favorite and leading franchise scorer.

Doesn't matter, the Pride should be reserved for the truly elite players or what's the point? If you start putting fan favorites in there then why not put Joey Z or The Mangler in there? Personally, I don't think Mark Brunell should have been there either because although he was a good guy and a very good player, he wasn't an NFL elite player at his position like the other guys.
(12-29-2017, 09:00 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 07:44 AM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]Scobee is not only one of the good guys, he is a fan favorite and leading franchise scorer.

Doesn't matter, the Pride should be reserved for the truly elite players or what's the point? If you start putting fan favorites in there then why not put Joey Z or The Mangler in there? Personally, I don't think Mark Brunell should have been there either because although he was a good guy and a very good player, he wasn't an NFL elite player at his position like the other guys.

Tom Coughlin should be in there
(12-29-2017, 07:44 AM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]Scobee is not only one of the good guys, he is a fan favorite and leading franchise scorer.

I get where you're coming from but the Pride isn't reserved for elite players. The Weavers are on the Pride. I guess the issue lies in each person's interpretation of what the Pride is there for.
(12-29-2017, 09:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 09:00 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter, the Pride should be reserved for the truly elite players or what's the point? If you start putting fan favorites in there then why not put Joey Z or The Mangler in there? Personally, I don't think Mark Brunell should have been there either because although he was a good guy and a very good player, he wasn't an NFL elite player at his position like the other guys.

Tom Coughlin should be in there

No doubt. He will be ultimately. When I say "elite players should be in there" I mean "the players who get in there should be elite". Obviously there are other people who have had a fundamental positive impact to the franchise that should get in there too.
The more trash I see Scobee talk about other teams the more I think he went to Pittsburgh and intentionally tanked.

Do I think that's true? No, but for the legend of Scobee it makes me happy.
LMAO! No. Average kicker over his career that happened to be great a crushing the clots. Life is pain.

I say this being Josh Scobee.
(12-29-2017, 10:00 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]The more trash I see Scobee talk about other teams the more I think he went to Pittsburgh and intentionally tanked.  

Do I think that's true?  No, but for the legend of Scobee it makes me happy.

Lol only because he is such a legend do I like to think that as well

Exactly
Scobee made some big game winners, but Jason Myers career field goal percentage is higher than Scobee's. Just sayin.

Yeah ok. Mark Brunell took us to 2 AFC title games. He made the Pro Bowl multiple years. He won MVP in Hawaii. He threw for 4200 yards which led the NFL. Brunell was an elite Jaguar.
(12-29-2017, 12:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 09:00 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter, the Pride should be reserved for the truly elite players or what's the point? If you start putting fan favorites in there then why not put Joey Z or The Mangler in there? Personally, I don't think Mark Brunell should have been there either because although he was a good guy and a very good player, he wasn't an NFL elite player at his position like the other guys.

Yeah ok. Mark Brunell took us to 2 AFC title games. He made the Pro Bowl multiple years. He won MVP in Hawaii. He threw for 4200 yards which led the NFL. Brunell was an elite Jaguar.

You do understand that this is an opinion, right?  He won an MVP at the Pro Bowl is one of your talking points?  Did you see how many Jaguars made this years Pro Bowl?  That tells you all you need to know about the Pro Bowl and its meaning.

IN MY OPINION, Mark Brunell was a decent qb that was elevated because of the players around him.  He had a stud running back and stud wide receivers that made him look amazing.  He had two offensive tackles where one was the best at his position and the other was potentially the best.  So while he was a good qb, I believe his teammates made him look much better than he was.
(12-29-2017, 11:30 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Scobee made some big game winners, but Jason Myers career field goal percentage is higher than Scobee's.  Just sayin.

Not if you add in extra points tho. Tongue
Pages: 1 2