Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson $$$
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would you give him the contract that GB just gave Devante Adams? 4 years 58 million so 14.5 a year. The thing is we would be taking a risk on AR15 losing his explosive ability but if he doesn't lose that ability and balls out next year he will want more then that so I would give it to him but what say you?
Coming off injury - I was thinking 11 or 12 mil per year
Maybe 4 years, 50 million with 10 million in incentives.
No. He gets a 1 year "prove it" deal.
(12-29-2017, 05:34 PM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]Would you give him the contract that GB just gave Devante Adams? 4 years 58 million so 14.5 a year. The thing is we would be taking a risk on AR15 losing his explosive ability but if he doesn't lose that ability and balls out next year he will want more then that so I would give it to him but what say you?

HELL NO. DA is 100x better than AR15, and not injured.
Allen would have to garner some type of contract that would be mostly incentive based at this point. He's officially recorded 41 starts with 384 targets. But he missed half his rookie season. Broke out big time in 2015 with mostly mop up duty games and then regressed like most of the team last year in 2016. And then obviously he was lost on the year with the ACL.

I like the Davante Adams comparison because that's exactly who he pretty much mirrors statistically. However, with that said. Adams plays with Rodgers and he's not the number one receiver on his football team. That honor belongs to Nelson and even more responsibility as far as roles and involvement goes more towards Cobb.

I am thinking Robinson should actually be tagged for the year. Let's see if he can remain that consistent target as the man on top of the depth chart. If he can do that and post up his 2015 numbers in 2018 in games that actually count THEN let's talk big money.
Key would be what do you think about his route running ability? If Caldwell and Coughlin like it, then I'd be fine with that deal. If they think he relies purely on athleticism/strength... then he will just turn into another Dez Bryant... and no I wouldn't want to pay him that.
They should resign him to a long term contract now while they can.  He'll ball out next year for sure.  2016 was a down year because Bradley was a fool that refused to adjust or use schematics.  Don't forget when Marrone took over the last two weeks of that season Robinson had 230 yards receiving.

(12-29-2017, 06:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 05:34 PM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]Would you give him the contract that GB just gave Devante Adams? 4 years 58 million so 14.5 a year. The thing is we would be taking a risk on AR15 losing his explosive ability but if he doesn't lose that ability and balls out next year he will want more then that so I would give it to him but what say you?

No he isn't, Adams isn't even close to as good as Robinson.
As long as it's Shad Khan's money I'm spending, I'm saying pay da man!
Arob is better. Adams just now started living up to potential.
(12-29-2017, 06:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]HELL NO. DA is 100x better than AR15, and not injured.

Smh. Just no

Not injured?  Dude's recovering from his second concussion this season and his 3rd in the past 2 seasons.

Not injured? Hasn't he gotten multiple head injuries this year?
Give him 10/12 with the ability to earn more via incentives. Also have an out after year 1.

Thankfully these are pretty much a given in all of our contracts these days.
I agree on a 1 year "prove it" deal. The tag is also an option.

But I don't think for a second he'll accept any kind of 1 year deal. I don't think he'd sign a franchise tag.

Bare minimum, even coming off injury, 4 years 60 million.
...and since this is free agency, it will even be more than that.
(12-30-2017, 02:06 AM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree on a 1 year "prove it" deal. The tag is also an option.

But I don't think for a second he'll accept any kind of 1 year deal. I don't think he'd sign a franchise tag.

Oh, yes, he will sign the franchise tag.  Because the alternative is, zero.  No money.  Sit it out and collect absolutely nothing.  No one does that.
(12-30-2017, 02:06 AM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree on a 1 year "prove it" deal. The tag is also an option.

If he wouldn't accept a 1 year deal or the franchise, I let him walk.
He’s 3 months older than Westbrook with 3 years under his belt.

He’s better than Adams and I would give him that exact contract right now and not think twice.
(12-30-2017, 09:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

If he wouldn't accept a 1 year deal or the franchise, I let him walk.

That would be a pretty dumb thing to do, when we could trade him for something instead of just letting him walk. 

He'll sign the franchise tag.  No one ever refuses to sign a franchise tag.  At least, it's extremely rare.  It's too much money for someone to turn down.
It's likely to go one of two ways. If the team can manage it I'm sure they'll try to do a contact with him where he gets a good salary in 2018 and the big guarantees only kick in if he's on the roster at the start of the 2019 league year, or they'll do a one year deal / franchise tag.

The first option could be something like ten million in 2018 with sixty million over four years with about half of it in guarantees if they keep him past then.

Really there would be no reason for ARob not to sign it except if he really just wanted out of Jax and is willing to go the year of franchise tag to do it.
Pages: 1 2 3