Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is it time to worry about Fournette?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
this isn't a 'the world is ending' thread because of two straight losses, but after his first regular season, it's fair now to judge him

Now it hard to accurately judge him unless have the All-22 and get a better angle of running lanes than what the TV broadcast provides. 

But I'm getting Trent Richardson vibes from him right now. Richardson had a solid 950 yards his first season, but it was on a measly  3.6 ypc. Fournette is over 1,000 yards, but on 3.9 ypc. 

Maybe the OL isn't generating a ton of holes, but he was supposed to be "the best RB prospect since AP" and I constantly see him running into his own OL and running with his head down instead of looking for holes. Richardson became a meme because of all the huge holes he missed before teams finally gave up on him.

I hope he becomes the leagues next dominant back, but right now he looks mediocre and wasting a top 5 pick on a back is such an absolute waste when you can find quality RBs anywhere (Kamara, Hunt).
not going to be too hard on him cause it think he's more hurt than anyone is letting on, but with that said, he has subpar vision
No, but it has become pretty clear we had bigger issues to address before having the luxury of drafting a RB in the top 5.
we should have drafted Watson. We'd be unbelievable right now (assuming he's not hurt and assuming that Hackett wouldnt ruin him with his stupid playcalling)
Why don't we ever run outside? Its always up the middle...
It's been pretty apparent early on that Fournette isn't great at finding holes or creating something out of nothing. He is still a good player and someone we want on the team. But he needs better blocking to be effective. Plus I think he'd be better as a complimentary player. Imagine him on a team with a good passing game that opens up running lanes. He'd be a big weapon.
(12-31-2017, 08:44 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]It's been pretty apparent early on that Fournette isn't great at finding holes or creating something out of nothing.  He is still a good player and someone we want on the team.  But he needs better blocking to be effective.  Plus I think he'd be better as a complimentary player.  Imagine him on a team with a good passing game that opens up running lanes.  He'd be a big weapon.

For tennessee he'd have gone for 2000 yards.

For the Jaguars he was a terrible selection.
(12-31-2017, 08:44 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we ever run outside? Its always up the middle...

because Hackett
(12-31-2017, 08:44 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]It's been pretty apparent early on that Fournette isn't great at finding holes or creating something out of nothing.  He is still a good player and someone we want on the team.  But he needs better blocking to be effective.  Plus I think he'd be better as a complimentary player.  Imagine him on a team with a good passing game that opens up running lanes.  He'd be a big weapon.

I think that's why I'm disappointed with him the most. I was a huge advocate of drafting him high BECAUSE he could make something out of nothing at LSU but he just hasn't been that player here yet. Hopefully he returns to that man among boys status next year.
The offense looks better without him
(12-31-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think that's why I'm disappointed with him the most. I was a huge advocate of drafting him high BECAUSE he could make something out of nothing at LSU but he just hasn't been that player here yet. Hopefully he returns to that man among boys status next year.

He found yards where there weren't any early in the season.  It's been many games since we've seen that from him. :/
(12-31-2017, 08:48 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's why I'm disappointed with him the most. I was a huge advocate of drafting him high BECAUSE he could make something out of nothing at LSU but he just hasn't been that player here yet. Hopefully he returns to that man among boys status next year.

He found yards where there weren't any early in the season.  It's been many games since we've seen that from him. :/

Yea he hasn't been the same since the week he got injured right before the bye week, then we sat him that one game and he just hasn't been the same.
(12-31-2017, 08:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]No, but it has become pretty clear we had bigger issues to address before having the luxury of drafting a RB in the top 5.

especially in such a loaded RB class, it's bad asset management.

Obviously in hindsight, Watson should have been the pick, but nobody saw this coming, though he still has to play more game for me before I crown him.

Adams would have been my pick, though not sure how he is doing in NYJ
(12-31-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]

He had games where he'd get shut down at LSU as well.  Multiple Bama games come to mind.
Nobody runs without a line. Nobody.
(12-31-2017, 08:46 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:44 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we ever run outside? Its always up the middle...

because Hackett

The worst part about Hackett is Marrone is never going to get rid of him. We’re stuck with the guy.
(12-31-2017, 08:48 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's why I'm disappointed with him the most. I was a huge advocate of drafting him high BECAUSE he could make something out of nothing at LSU but he just hasn't been that player here yet. Hopefully he returns to that man among boys status next year.

Not that often though.  He had a few long runs that boosted his average.  But otherwise he was always averaging around 3 yards a carry.  I cant remember that many occasions where he was consistently moving the ball at 5 or 6 or 7 yard clips.
(12-31-2017, 08:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody runs without a line. Nobody.

Barry Sanders maybe, but the point stands, Fournette was a terrible pick for the Jaguars.
Call me crazy but Yeldon should start next week
(12-31-2017, 08:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Call me crazy but Yeldon should start next week

More like Corey Grant.
Pages: 1 2 3