Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The confidence level in this team is really low....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just dont see how the team(that has played the last 2 games especially), has a chance at beating anyone in the playoffs. Defense plays well but then gives up the backbreaker plays, and the offense cant be relied on to even get in long field-goal range...

EDIT - IM NOT TALKING ABOUT IF THE TEAM FEELS CONFIDENT WITH EACH OTHER. IM TALKING ABOUT HOW WE FANS FEEL ABOUT THE TEAM.
Yeah our D clearly lacks confidence. Thats why we lost a meaningless game
Confidence wasn't the issue today.

Lack of execution and excess of turnovers were the issues.
Ahh he ol "meaningless game" cop out,

Im sure it was meaningless to every.single.starter that played until the game was over. Smile
(12-31-2017, 08:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Confidence wasn't the issue today.

With all respect bullseye I disagree, as far as the offense is concerned. They showed no pulse. The defense of course came to play

Church was punked at least twice and Poz got trucked today.  I haven't seen our guys beaten like that before.
Should be able to beat buffalo.

Im not talking about how the team feels about eachother, im talking about how WE feel about the team.

Watching the last 2 games, no one can be confident in this team against playoff teams.
(12-31-2017, 08:56 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]

Church was punked at least twice and Poz got trucked today.  I haven't seen our guys beaten like that before.

Considering the offense seemed to be actively working against the team, I thought the defense was okay. Though I will admit letting mariota stiffarm for a first down was ridiculous.
Confidence isn't the issue.
And I doubt the defense "is really low" on confidence.
(12-31-2017, 08:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

With all respect bullseye I disagree, as far as the offense is concerned. They showed no pulse. The defense of course came to play

If they execute one more play offensively-the bomb to Westbrook-we win.

In fact nothing to Westbrook worked today.

Turnovers?

But for those two turnovers right before the half, we win the game 10-9.
(12-31-2017, 08:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Confidence isn't the issue.

Again, im talking about how we feel about the team....
(12-31-2017, 08:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]With all respect bullseye I disagree, as far as the offense is concerned. They showed no pulse. The defense of course came to play

If they execute one more play offensively-the bomb to Westbrook-we win.

Turnovers?

I'm not sure we win, but we're in better position. I pointed it out to my wife halfway through the fourth quarter, though, that the entire titans lead was due to the end of the first half. And bizarrely enough neither of those two turnovers were Bortles' fault.
(12-31-2017, 08:59 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Confidence isn't the issue.

Again, im talking about how we feel about the team....
Then you butchered your thread title
The defense played well today for the most part. This loss was on the lack of production in offense and the issues on special teams. I am a little shocked at the regression of the offense in the last two games. The play calling has been particularly bad and very predictable. I don't think there's an easy fix heading into next weekend's game, so hopefully the defense will show up and keep it close.
they havent cared about the past 2 games, im predicting a shut out by the defense next week
(12-31-2017, 09:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If they execute one more play offensively-the bomb to Westbrook-we win.

Turnovers?

I'm not sure we win, but we're in better position. I pointed it out to my wife halfway through the fourth quarter, though, that the entire titans lead was due to the end of the first half. And bizarrely enough neither of those two turnovers were Bortles' fault.

Look you, Bortles fumbles punt returns and drops passes and let's QBs run for 1st downs to seal the game. It's all his fault, always.
The defense played AWESOME today. They had one bad play and thats it. Otherwise they were awesome. We lost this game because of the special teams mistakes and an offensive that couldnt do anything. Came out too passive as they tend to do when they've got Fournette in the lineup. They need to come out throwing against the Bills and then pound the rock once the defense gets loosened up.
(12-31-2017, 09:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 09:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure we win, but we're in better position. I pointed it out to my wife halfway through the fourth quarter, though, that the entire titans lead was due to the end of the first half. And bizarrely enough neither of those two turnovers were Bortles' fault.

Look you, Bortles fumbles punt returns and drops passes and let's QBs run for 1st downs to seal the game. It's all his fault, always.

Laughing
(12-31-2017, 09:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 09:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure we win, but we're in better position. I pointed it out to my wife halfway through the fourth quarter, though, that the entire titans lead was due to the end of the first half. And bizarrely enough neither of those two turnovers were Bortles' fault.

Haha, you would think half on this board believe this.  I trust the front office with the decision on Bortles future.
Pages: 1 2