Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dareus Post Game Comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I like him, and a part of me likes the comments, but I know they didn't go over well among fans.

Quote:“I would love to play their sorry a– again,” Dareus said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN. “They shouldn’t have showed me that. They shouldn’t have showed me how sorry their a– is. That’s embarrassing that they would call themselves any kind of an enforcer of a team. Oh, my God. When we suit up next year they better be ready because they already know what kind of a– whooping I’ll hand out to them. . . . Dang, I wish we could have played them next week. That would have been an easy win next week, oh my goodness, but we’ve got Buffalo. I’m excited about it."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-easy-win/
Scoring 3 points in a game on offense isn't an easy win against anybody.
This is about the Fan equivalent of Clowney calling Bortles trash after losing twice. While the timing is bad, both comments aren't completely wrong.
(01-01-2018, 10:19 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Scoring 3 points in a game on offense isn't an easy win against anybody.

No..it isn't.

But his comments make some sense form his perspective as a DT who wasn't here for the first game.

He got his first start, and in their stadium, we shut down their running game.  The only runs that hurt us were the Mariota runs.

Their passing game didn't do much against us.  They hit that screen pass but that was pretty much it.

Considering our knack for committing the most damaging turnovers against the tacks, we could have won this game.
I love it. Screw the Tacks. Jags will redeem themselves and demolish the Bills and head to PITT and retire Big Ben for good.
Watching this game it became apparent that while the Jags weren't taking the game off, it's inevitable that the intensity will not be quite as high when the game doesn't really mean anything. That's not an excuse, it's just human nature. I think he is just trying to say that and unfortunately it comes off as sour grapes. No matter, we're the AFC South Champs and the bigger challenge for both the tacks and the Jags next year might be the Texans when they're back to full strength.
He wasn't the one dropping touchdown passes.
(01-01-2018, 11:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Watching this game it became apparent that while the Jags weren't taking the game off, it's inevitable that the intensity will not be quite as high when the game doesn't really mean anything. That's not an excuse, it's just human nature. I think he is just trying to say that and unfortunately it comes off as sour grapes. No matter, we're the AFC Champs and the bigger challenge for both the tacks and the Jags next year might be the Texans when they're back to full strength.

Not quite just yet, but as far as Freudian slips go, I like it!
His comments don't bother me. We did everything we could to let them have point blank scoring chances and they put up 15 points. That wasnt a problem with the defense.

On offense though... what the heck is our deal. Why would the game plan be to run into their strength? I guess we were playing it safe.
Apparently, Dareus was not alone in his sentiments. This from a Mike Kaye tweet

"We're better than them, we just didn't make enough plays." - Colvin on the Titans.
14 replies 9 retweets 60 likes
Lol .... Dareus & Mike Kaye apparently are not aware that Bortles sucks vs the Titans (see below)

Bortles vs Titans

Game 2 -> 15 - 34 - 158 yards - 0 Tds - 2 Ints - 33.7 QBR
Game 1 -> 20 - 34 - 223 yards - 1 Td - 2 Ints - 63.7 QBR
(01-01-2018, 11:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Lol .... Dareus & Mike Kaye apparently are not aware that Bortles sucks vs the Titans (see below)

Bortles vs Titans

Why do people try to bring BB into every thread here as a scapegoat?

Are we shaming BB for dropped passes and muffed punts?  Where's the logic and common sense?  Or is it the hangovers speaking?
Although I agree that the Jags are a better team than the tacks this season, you can't say that out loud to the media after losing to them twice. If we make it to the AFC Championship, I absolutely want the tacks to make their way there as well. History and ghosts be damned, I want to play them again.
(01-01-2018, 11:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 11:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Watching this game it became apparent that while the Jags weren't taking the game off, it's inevitable that the intensity will not be quite as high when the game doesn't really mean anything. That's not an excuse, it's just human nature. I think he is just trying to say that and unfortunately it comes off as sour grapes. No matter, we're the AFC Champs and the bigger challenge for both the tacks and the Jags next year might be the Texans when they're back to full strength.

Not quite just yet, but as far as Freudian slips go, I like it!

True, I fixed it but I must be having serious flashbacks because the first thing I typed when I was editing it was "AFC Central Champs".  

Banana
(01-01-2018, 12:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Although I agree that the Jags are a better team than the tacks this season, you can't say that out loud to the media after losing to them twice.  If we make it to the AFC Championship, I absolutely want the tacks to make their way there as well.  History and ghosts be damned, I want to play them again.

If we can just stop turning the ball over, we can beat them.
(01-01-2018, 12:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 12:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Although I agree that the Jags are a better team than the tacks this season, you can't say that out loud to the media after losing to them twice.  If we make it to the AFC Championship, I absolutely want the tacks to make their way there as well.  History and ghosts be damned, I want to play them again.

If we can just stop turning the ball over, we can beat them.

If we could come up with and execute a game plan that didn't involve banging into the line over and over and short passes on 3rd and long.
(01-01-2018, 12:13 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 12:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If we can just stop turning the ball over, we can beat them.

If we could come up with and execute a game plan that didn't involve banging into the line over and over and short passes on 3rd and long.

I thought we ran the ball decently.  I don't think that was the problem.

My belief is that the blame for yesterday's game falls on the passing game and special teams. 

For whatever reason, Bortles could never get in sync with Westbrook, cole had that fumble...and Mickens had a bad game, and his two errors cost us big.
(01-01-2018, 12:02 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 11:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Lol .... Dareus & Mike Kaye apparently are not aware that Bortles sucks vs the Titans (see below)

Bortles vs Titans

Why do people try to bring BB into every thread here as a scapegoat?

Are we shaming BB for dropped passes and muffed punts?  Where's the logic and common sense?  Or is it the hangovers speaking?

There were dropped passes but there were also plenty of ducks thrown to wide open WRs and bad decisions of throwing into double coverage.

Face it -- our offense sucks vs the Titans and Bortles is a big part of that.  Reflecting back on the September game vs the Titans, we scored 13 of our 16 points in the 4th quarter at garbage time when we were down 30-3

Yesterday we mirrored that 3 point offensive game plan again vs the Titans.

I'm ok with the Defense having confidence in themselves but they shouldn't make any hypothetical (win) assumptions knowing our offense (and Bortles) totally sucks vs the Titans.
(01-01-2018, 12:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 12:13 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]If we could come up with and execute a game plan that didn't involve banging into the line over and over and short passes on 3rd and long.

I thought we ran the ball decently.  I don't think that was the problem.

My belief is that the blame for yesterday's game falls on the passing game and special teams. 

For whatever reason, Bortles could never get in sync with Westbrook, cole had that fumble...and Mickens had a bad game, and his two errors cost us big.

I disagree. Bortles wasn’t great but he had several decent throws dropped. The Westbrook pass was beautiful and would likely have won the game. They commit too much to the run when it isn’t working, thinking that’ll it magically open up

Edit: I may misunderstand you. I took it to say you were blaming Bortles exclusively.
(01-01-2018, 12:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 12:02 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people try to bring BB into every thread here as a scapegoat?

There were dropped passes but there were also plenty of ducks thrown to wide open WRs and bad decisions of throwing into double coverage.

Face it -- our offense sucks vs the Titans and Bortles is a big part of that.  Reflecting back on the September game vs the Titans, we scored 13 of our 16 points in the 4th quarter at garbage time when we were down 30-3

Yesterday we mirrored that 3 point offensive game plan again vs the Titans.

I'm ok with the Defense having confidence in themselves but they shouldn't make any hypothetical (win) assumptions knowing our offense (and Bortles) totally sucks vs the Titans.

I can't read minds, of course, but I get the sense that many of Bortles' picks are borne of desperation, more than anything else.  That seemed to be the case yesterday.

(01-01-2018, 12:25 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 12:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we ran the ball decently.  I don't think that was the problem.

I disagree. Bortles wasn’t great but he had several decent throws dropped. The Westbrook pass was beautiful and would likely have won the game. They commit too much to the run when it isn’t working thinking that’ll it magically open up

I'm not sure where the disagreement lay.

Do you think the game plan was too conservative?
Pages: 1 2 3