Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Draft...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I absolutely love it. I know many of us wanted OL and a TE but we picked some good, valuable depth with our mid round picks. Bravo Jags.
So whos playing TE this year? Lol. We are back to Lewis.
Lewis/Rivera/Koyack/Sterling
Quote:So whos playing TE this year? Lol. We are back to Lewis.

We have solid players. Chill out.
Considering we want to run the mall more Lewis starting makes sense.
Quote:Considering we want to run the mall more Lewis starting makes sense.

I think we will see the FB blocking more than we will see Lewis adding another blocker to the O-Line.
Quote:I think we will see the FB blocking more than we will see Lewis adding another blocker to the O-Line.

Eh, either way.
Quote:Eh, either way.

I know we need a starting caliber TE aside from Lewis...but...with a slew of Receivers who can catch (except A Rob) and a legit RB, I think it diminishes the importance of the TE position for our offense.

If we had a QB, we'd be similarly built to the early Jags offenses that could grind out the clock but pick up yards in big chunks quick when needed.
Quote:I know we need a starting caliber TE aside from Lewis...but...with a slew of Receivers who can catch (except A Rob) and a legit RB, I think it diminishes the importance of the TE position for our offense.

If we had a QB, we'd be similarly built to the early Jags offenses that could grind out the clock but pick up yards in big chunks quick when needed.

Rivera can be effective and as we saw last year, both Koyack and Sterling showed flashes. I think we will be fine.
I love that people are freaking out about TE.  How many teams have stud TE's?  Obviously the league isn't too concerned about TE's either per evidence of the slide most of them took.  Even O.J. Howard took a big slide compared to where he was expected to get drafted.  Lets freak out because we didn't draft a TE coming off of a torn ACL lol.  The TE's that are on the roster will do just fine.  I swear you just like to [BLEEP] for the sake of [BLEEP]. 

Quote:I love that people are freaking out about TE. How many teams have stud TE's? Obviously the league isn't too concerned about TE's either per evidence of the slide most of them took. Even O.J. Howard took a big slide compared to where he was expected to get drafted. Lets freak out because we didn't draft a TE coming off of a torn ACL lol. The TE's that are on the roster will do just fine. I swear you just like to [BAD WORD REMOVED] for the sake of [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Agreed. Our TEs will be fine.
Our team doesn't even utilize the TE much. 

Not to freak out about TEs, but I really don't get passing on Jordan Leggett in order to select a MLB who can't cover passes.

Quote:Not to freak out about TEs, but I really don't get passing on Jordan Leggett in order to select a MLB who can't cover passes.

LB depth. We have capable TEs.
Quote:Not to freak out about TEs, but I really don't get passing on Jordan Leggett in order to select a MLB who can't cover passes.
Top SPARQ score among off-the ball LB's, measurables off the charts (similar to Eric Kendricks coming out), and his tape is pretty good. Draft was always said to be deep in defense, so you draft the BAP...especially in rd 5.

Not sure Leggett is a great fit, would be interested to see what we would have done if Butt or Kittle were there though.
This draft....underwhelming.

Two quality players in the first two rounds.  After that, it's a crap shoot.  The linebacker looks like he might turn into something.  The rest, meh.

Quote:I absolutely love it. I know many of us wanted OL and a TE but we picked some good, valuable depth with our mid round picks. Bravo Jags.

I love this draft as well. Yeah I'm not sure about some of the positions when we had some needs. However its a typical Coughlin draft. Some good and some uncertainty. Coughlin always finds some studs and I'll take the risk reward drafting style. In the past I would've loved every pick and been sorely disappointed. I'm encouraged by the potential home run hitters in this draft so far. 
Quote:I absolutely love it. I know many of us wanted OL and a TE but we picked some good, valuable depth with our mid round picks. Bravo Jags.
Id say its a very safe draft with a lot of TBD. I really like the first two picks, and I believe both Fournette and Robinson will contribute and be productive day 1. However, most of the rest of the class is a big question mark. I think we missed on some key issues like TE, QB, Offensive line depth, pass rusher. I like the fullback we got at the end of the draft, seems like he has a chance to make the team and possibly even contribute. Smoot and Brown I dont think we know  much about, we need to trust the front office in doing their due diligence on them and hopefully, they can help the team in the future. Not sure how much they help day 1. I dont like the Dede Westbrook selection. I think that was a bad pick, even if the value was there. Hes a terrible person with a lot of baggage, who's been in trouble for multiple domestic assault altercations. On top of that, the pick is at a position where we are at our deepest. What I got out of that selection was they dont anticipate on keeping all three of Robinson/Lee/Hurns. Atleast one of them will be out the door after this season ( Robinson and Lee out of contract), or if they keep Robinson and Lee, they might have to let go of Hurns after this season. Not sure too much of Jalen Myrick, but I guess I like the selection due to the fact we needed CB depth. 

A solid draft, hit on key issues, but lots of question marks. In my opinion, the team got two impact players in the first and second, but didnt take advantage of the later stages of the draft. I thought we left some value on the board in the third and fourth.
I'm good with it . got two studs , some solid players and  some one that graded an a  signed udfa

Quote:So whos playing TE this year? Lol. We are back to Lewis.
Lewis can block, and really that's what we want. He is an alright pass catcher as well. Its not like Thomas was giving us more production than Lewis did in the first place anyway. 
Pages: 1 2