Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournette expectations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, he got his 1,000 yards. I think he was worth a 5th pick.

Some might say Watson over Fournette but he was still worth it.
I expect to see him gain 150 yards with 2 touchdowns this weekend. He was a very good pick as the whole team identity has changed - keep running the ball and play great defense. Watson would have also been a good pick, but the jury is still out on him. No doubt the guy is a winner and leader, but can he stay healthy and his accuracy is not always great.
I expect him to run a new [BLEEP] hole into the bills d-line come Sunday.
If the line can open up some holes I expect a big day. If he is getting hit behind the LOS then it's going to be a long day.
Meant for the season expectations. The thread we started on the old board.

Not for the Bills game.
if the pick would have been Watson, we'd be 13-3 with a bye right now
(01-04-2018, 09:40 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]if the pick would have been Watson, we'd be 13-3 with a bye right now

You mean 3-13 since he's on IR
Obviously assuming he doesn't get hurt.
(01-04-2018, 09:40 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]if the pick would have been Watson, we'd be 13-3 with a bye right now

I honestly agree. I wish we could go back and see who we all wanted in those threads.

I wanted Watson. 

Adams wasn't even considered. Or Howard.lol
He good. Still think it eas bad value, but I'm glad to have him on the team.
I’d pick 4nette 100/100 times over Watson.
I expected his yards per carry to be higher than his draft slot...
(01-05-2018, 07:24 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]I expected his yards per carry to be higher than his draft slot...

So did I until I realized he was facing 8+ men in the box more than 70% of the time. The highest percentage any RB faced during the regular season. With all of the injuries we had along the line this year and very little help from the passing game I was pretty impressed with what he accomplished. He missed three games I believe as well plus he tweaked that ankle during that Rams loss at home. Double digit touchdowns with 1,342 yards from scrimmage isn't bad at all. 

I wonder if my most fans have realized by now just how unique this offense was in 2017. We had five rookies starting at one point on this offense. And at least four on a consistent basis. Between Leonard Fournette, Cam Robinson, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook and Jaydon Mickens. If they manage to resign Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee this off-season this offense has the potential to be deadly next year and going forward for probably another year or two after that.
Hackett is honestly an idiot. In the games we've scored over 40 points we came out throwing the ball. Even if it wasn't pretty the defense had to at least think about it and honor it. This opened everything else up. Running, play action, screens you name it. The last 2 games we came out just running the ball to no avail until we were inevitably forced to throw it and we had once chance to convert and it was terrible. When the defense knows you have to throw it and pins its ears back it is so much harder to play offense. Watch a Patriots game start to finish. They throw to open up the run. I get it's Brady and Gronk or whatever... that isn't the point. The point is the defense is playing way looser and not stuffing the box. Bortles looked to be in rhythm early in these games we dominated and was actually making good throws and good decisions. We baby him and are scared to orient the offense around him and orientate it around Fournette when he's in the game and we basically go nowhere. This offense was confident and in rhythm in the games we had Ivory/Yeldon starting. Please get a clue and try to win!
I was hoping for Adams, but I was fine with LF when he was picked.

He has done about what I hoped for his rookie year, especially considering the injury. Happy with the pick and hope he has a long career.
Imagine if we took Watson, C. Robinson, and A. Kamara!
(01-05-2018, 09:22 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Hackett is honestly an idiot. In the games we've scored over 40 points we came out throwing the ball. Even if it wasn't pretty the defense had to at least think about it and honor it. This opened everything else up. Running, play action, screens you name it. The last 2 games we came out just running the ball to no avail until we were inevitably forced to throw it and we had once chance to convert and it was terrible. When the defense knows you have to throw it and pins its ears back it is so much harder to play offense. Watch a Patriots game start to finish. They throw to open up the run. I get it's Brady and Gronk or whatever... that isn't the point. The point is the defense is playing way looser and not stuffing the box. Bortles looked to be in rhythm early in these games we dominated and was actually making good throws and good decisions. We baby him and are scared to orient the offense around him and orientate it around Fournette when he's in the game and we basically go nowhere. This offense was confident and in rhythm in the games we had Ivory/Yeldon starting. Please get a clue and try to win!
People calling out Hackett is weird. Bad takes all around here.
(01-05-2018, 01:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2018, 09:22 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Hackett is honestly an idiot. In the games we've scored over 40 points we came out throwing the ball. Even if it wasn't pretty the defense had to at least think about it and honor it. This opened everything else up. Running, play action, screens you name it. The last 2 games we came out just running the ball to no avail until we were inevitably forced to throw it and we had once chance to convert and it was terrible. When the defense knows you have to throw it and pins its ears back it is so much harder to play offense. Watch a Patriots game start to finish. They throw to open up the run. I get it's Brady and Gronk or whatever... that isn't the point. The point is the defense is playing way looser and not stuffing the box. Bortles looked to be in rhythm early in these games we dominated and was actually making good throws and good decisions. We baby him and are scared to orient the offense around him and orientate it around Fournette when he's in the game and we basically go nowhere. This offense was confident and in rhythm in the games we had Ivory/Yeldon starting. Please get a clue and try to win!
People calling out Hackett is weird. Bad takes all around here.

Weird, lazy, call it what you want. But the folks calling out Hackett aren't seeing the big picture and this one doesn't seem to appreciate that smart OCs don't play every opponent the same way. Or that Hackett actually had success in several games by running the ball early and often. 

Fournette (on topic) did almost exactly what I expected him to do. 

Thanks for bringing me down.  I was actually pretty happy this week; up until now.

Sad

smh

(01-05-2018, 01:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for bringing me down.  I was actually pretty happy this week; up until now.

Sad

Just ignore the few clowns here
Pages: 1 2