Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Bills 2018 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy New Year, Jaguars Nation!    Smile    Our 2017 AFC South Division Champions, and 10-6 . Jacksonville Jaguars are in the NFL Postseason Playoffs for the first time since their 2007 NFL Season, as they host the AFC East second place Wild Card team, and 9-7 Buffalo Bills in EverBank Field. Jaguars also host home playoff game in Jacksonville since their 1999 NFL Postseason.

Buffalo is lead by first-year Head Coach Sean McDermott, who previously served as a defensive coach and coordinator from both the Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers, while our Jaguars are lead by former Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone, who was the Head Coach of the Bills during the 2013 and 2014 NFL seasons, with a combined record of 15-17.

Current Jaguars LB Paul Posluszny, and DT Marcel Darius, acquired in a trade by Buffalo for a sixth-round draft pick back on November 8, not only face their former team this afternoon, but also two of the players, along with Calais Campbell as the Jaguars are the top, and #1 Total Defense team in the NFL, hence, Sacksonville.

Jacksonville's Jaguars 1999 NFL team earned a team record 14 win and 2 losses, and also won the 1999 AFC Central division.  Jaguars earned a postseason bye week.  Two weeks after the regular season ended, the Jaguars hosted the visiting Miami Dolphins in the 2000 AFC Divisional Game.  Jaguars dominated the Dolphins 62-7, and was also Dolphins QB Dan Marino as a pro.

Jaguars though lost the following weekend to the Tennessee Titans 33-14 in the AFC Championship Game,  Titans though lost  to the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl  XXXIII in Atlanta.

Buffalo is also making their first NFL Postseason appearance in 17 years, ending their drought, and since losing in the Music City Miracle game, when the Titans defeated the Bills 22-16 in Nashville during the 2000 AFc Wild Card Playoff Game.

A win would even the all-time series at 8 games apiece, this afternoon 's second postseason appearance between the Jaguars and Bills, and also both teams 15th all-time meeting.

Jaguars 2007 Playoff team also upset the Steelers 31-29 in the 2008 Wild Card Playoff Game played at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. However, the New England Patriots defeated our Jaguars 31-20 the following weekend at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

A Jaguars win at EverBank would also make the Jaguars play their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at either Pittsburgh or New England next weekend.

Jim Nantz and Tony Romo are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporters Tracy Wolfson and Jay Feely, for the NFL On CBS, seen internationally, and locally on WJAX CBS Channel 47 in Jacksonville, seen live on HD.

Mostly cloudy skies at 53 degrees, feels like 48 degrees, is the game forecast inside EverBank Field, for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 63% humidity, and northeast winds at 15 miles per hour.

Head Linesman John Hussey leads his officiating crew assigned by the NFL to supervise the game action between the Jaguars and Bills.

NO injuries, play to win, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!   Wink Smile Cool Big Grin

Jaguars Vs. Bills 2018 AFC Wild Card Game Pre Game Injury Reports, And GameDay Info:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/index.html

Jaguars Vs. Bills 2018 AFC Wild Card Game Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2017/postseason18

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018010700...ab=preview
go JAGS
GO JAGUARS!!!
Go Bills!
We'll win
We will win big
(01-07-2018, 01:02 AM)AmeliaFL Wrote: [ -> ]A Jaguars win would make the Jaguars play their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at either Pittsburgh or New England next weekend.

Fixed.  There was never a chance of us playing NE on the divisional round.
This Bills troll needs to be banned, can Buffalo not afford their own website ? Go Jags

(01-07-2018, 01:13 AM)What a Tuel Wrote: [ -> ]Go Bills!

Bills backed in Playoffs berth, Go Cincinnati!
The NFL needs us to win this game. Nobody wants to see Bills @ Patriots again.
This is my adult Christmas eve. Going to be the longest morning ever tomorrow.
Ah at last the game thread. I can't wait. Should be fun.
(01-07-2018, 01:59 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL needs us to win this game. Nobody wants to see Bills @ Patriots again.

If this ain’t the truth lol. 

We getting all the calls tomorrow
Let’s go Jags!
(01-07-2018, 02:59 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2018, 01:59 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL needs us to win this game. Nobody wants to see Bills @ Patriots again.

If this ain’t the truth lol. 

We getting all the calls tomorrow

Mhm. Big Ben already planting next week's storyline with saying he wants to play us again. Refs finna help us out today.
(01-07-2018, 01:20 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]We will win big

Though my predictions didn't turn out well for Saturday's playoff games,  I'm sticking with Jaguars 31,  Bills 10 as my prediction for today's early game. 

Unexpected things have happened in countless games on the field but on paper the Jaguars look like the much better team. 

Unless the Bills carry momentum like the 1996 Jaguars, with the current Jaguars lose the turnover battle by -3 or more, and/ or the Bills dominate on Special Teams,  I would be more than surprised if the Jaguars aren't playing in Pittsburgh next Sunday.
(01-07-2018, 02:34 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]This is my adult Christmas eve. Going to be the longest morning ever tomorrow.

Lol. I'm in California. 
It's 205 am here. Game is a 130 pm kickoff? 
That's 1030 am here.
8.5 hours until we play and I'm going CRAZY! !!!
Sadly back to work tonight after my long Xmas break. Had 16 days off. I so can't wait to get back on days.. GO JAGS! Now I need to try to sleep! lol.
Win the turnover battle we win big!

(01-07-2018, 06:07 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2018, 02:34 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]This is my adult Christmas eve. Going to be the longest morning ever tomorrow.

Lol. I'm in California. 
It's 205 am here. Game is a 130 pm kickoff? 
That's 1030 am here.
8.5 hours until we play and I'm going CRAZY! !!!

In Cali too! Who needs sleep as long as your loud game time!
PLAYOFF GAME DAY! GO JAGS!
You've got to believe!
Our Jaguars are on a new road this year and beyond.....
Thank You and Congratulations.
Now ...."Let's do this!"
Go JAGS!