Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why don't we switch back to that other offensive lineup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to our running game still not being efficient...why doesn't the coaching staff trying going back to that lineup when we were pretty effective? I can't remember it specifically but Linder was at Right Guard and someone else was at Center. That seemed highly effective and our running game was really good then for a few games, wasn't it?

Just don't understand why they don't tinker doing that? Is it too late to mess around with it now? Obviously the coaching staff knows more than I do so I'm not going to be that type of fan that says I know what needs to be done...just curious on that.
Tyler Shatley was in the lineup.

I don't know how he fell out of favor, but the run game seemed more effective with him in there.
(01-08-2018, 12:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Tyler Shatley was in the lineup.

I don't know how he fell out of favor, but the run game seemed more effective with him in there.

Yeah that was it. Everything else was the same I think but it was just that different change.

So I think it was Robinson, Omameh, Shatley, Linder and Parnell when the run game was on fire.
(01-08-2018, 12:15 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 12:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Tyler Shatley was in the lineup.

Yeah that was it. Everything else was the same I think but it was just that different change.

So I think it was Robinson, Omameh, Shatley, Linder and Parnell when the run game was on fire.

I think they only had that lineup once though. Because shortly after Omameh went down and we put in Reed, then Cann came back after 2 games. Think Linder only started 1 game at G with Shat at C, iirc.
But yeah, we tore the run game up that day and everyone said we should make the switch permanently, and they kinda worked their way back to their original lineup.

It's like they are dead set on not being wrong about Linder being center, not that he's bad at center, but he's much better at G and Cann is down right terrible most days.
(01-08-2018, 12:19 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 12:15 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that was it. Everything else was the same I think but it was just that different change.

I think they only had that lineup once though. Because shortly after Omameh went down and we put in Reed, then Cann came back after 2 games. Think Linder only started 1 game at G with Shat at C, iirc.
But yeah, we tore the run game up that day and everyone said we should make the switch permanently, and they kinda worked their way back to their original lineup.

It's like they are dead set on not being wrong about Linder being center, not that he's bad at center, but he's much better at G and Cann is down right terrible most days.

Yep good points, all makes sense.
How do you think Bowanko feels? All that time here, gets traded to Baltimore probably thinking "hey I should at least get some playoff time!" And here's Jax advancing and Baltimore didn't even make it