Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why don't we switch back to that other offensive lineup?

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 12:14 PM by Brett.)

Due to our running game still not being efficient...why doesn't the coaching staff trying going back to that lineup when we were pretty effective? I can't remember it specifically but Linder was at Right Guard and someone else was at Center. That seemed highly effective and our running game was really good then for a few games, wasn't it?

Just don't understand why they don't tinker doing that? Is it too late to mess around with it now? Obviously the coaching staff knows more than I do so I'm not going to be that type of fan that says I know what needs to be done...just curious on that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tyler Shatley was in the lineup.

I don't know how he fell out of favor, but the run game seemed more effective with him in there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-08-2018, 12:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Tyler Shatley was in the lineup.

I don't know how he fell out of favor, but the run game seemed more effective with him in there.

Yeah that was it. Everything else was the same I think but it was just that different change.

So I think it was Robinson, Omameh, Shatley, Linder and Parnell when the run game was on fire.

(01-08-2018, 12:15 PM)Brett Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Tyler Shatley was in the lineup.

Yeah that was it. Everything else was the same I think but it was just that different change.

So I think it was Robinson, Omameh, Shatley, Linder and Parnell when the run game was on fire.

I think they only had that lineup once though. Because shortly after Omameh went down and we put in Reed, then Cann came back after 2 games. Think Linder only started 1 game at G with Shat at C, iirc.
But yeah, we tore the run game up that day and everyone said we should make the switch permanently, and they kinda worked their way back to their original lineup.

It's like they are dead set on not being wrong about Linder being center, not that he's bad at center, but he's much better at G and Cann is down right terrible most days.

(01-08-2018, 12:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:15 PM)Brett Wrote: Yeah that was it. Everything else was the same I think but it was just that different change.

I think they only had that lineup once though. Because shortly after Omameh went down and we put in Reed, then Cann came back after 2 games. Think Linder only started 1 game at G with Shat at C, iirc.
But yeah, we tore the run game up that day and everyone said we should make the switch permanently, and they kinda worked their way back to their original lineup.

It's like they are dead set on not being wrong about Linder being center, not that he's bad at center, but he's much better at G and Cann is down right terrible most days.

Yep good points, all makes sense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How do you think Bowanko feels? All that time here, gets traded to Baltimore probably thinking "hey I should at least get some playoff time!" And here's Jax advancing and Baltimore didn't even make it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS