Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Sexton-Oehser keys: AFC Championship Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sexton-Oehser keys: AFC Championship Game

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...51cc4f2c15

Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton break down three Jaguars keys for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game between the Jaguars and New England Patr
Ya, I read that and I replied this to them.

"The Jags BETTER do more than rush just 4. NOW is the time for the defense to pin its ears back and RUSH, ATTACk, ATTACK and after all that, ATTACK some more. They need to do more than "pester" Brady, are you serious? The Jags are not going to out game plan Belichick, you punch guys like that in the mouth and knock them on their butts. You take the fight to them.... This is the only way the Jags win. Trying to get cute and out coach Belichick will lose the game. The Jags have ONE game left, time to take it, TAKE IT from the Patriots, because they will NOT just give it to you..."
(01-18-2018, 11:52 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, I read that and I replied this to them.

"The Jags BETTER do more than rush just 4. NOW is the time for the defense to pin its ears back and RUSH, ATTACk, ATTACK and after all that, ATTACK some more. They need to do more than "pester" Brady, are you serious? The Jags are not going to out game plan Belichick, you punch guys like that in the mouth and knock them on their butts. You take the fight to them.... This is the only way the Jags win. Trying to get cute and out coach Belichick will lose the game. The Jags have ONE game left, time to take it, TAKE IT from the Patriots, because they will NOT just give it to you..."

Brady historically has insanely good stats against the blitz.  You ABSOLUTELY rush 4 and play coverage.
(01-18-2018, 11:52 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, I read that and I replied this to them.

If the Jags rush more than 4, then the Pats will put this game out of reach very quickly. Before this season began (I can't find stats for this year) since 2006, when teams rush 6 at Brady, he's thrown 70TDs and 0 INTs.
I guarantee if the Jags rush 6, Brady will be on his keister.
(01-18-2018, 05:17 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]I guarantee if the Jags rush 6, Brady will be on his keister.
70 TDs - 0 INTs...

Too bad you're not the Jags DC! ;-)