Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's Absolutely Electric Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everywhere I have been in Jacksonville this week, Jaguars stuff is everywhere.

I pass by people and catch snippets of conversations, and I hear Jaguars on peoples' lips.

I see the Jaguars logo and colors everywhere.  Stores that never featured Jaguars gear now feature it prominently.

Haven't seen this level of excitement in this town since 1996.

To me and the rest of us die hards, being a Jaguars fan is always cool.  But to the casual fan, being a Jaguars fan is cool again.

It's a beautiful thing to see and experience and it's way overdue.  Just think how nuts this town will be if we win tomorrow...and again in two weeks!

I remember when we first got the team.  For two to three weeks, people were walking around town with goofy grins of jubilation and disbelief.  People would see another wearing the Jaguars logo, and automatically a bond of sorts was created.  If we win tomorrow, the jubilation of late 1993 and early 1994 would be eclipsed.

The possibilities excite the hell outta me.
I wish I lived in Jax for this. If I wasn't saving money for my move I'd have come down for the weekend.
I'm definitely seeing a lot of Jag swag everywhere I go.
I was in San Francisco this week wearing my Jag colors. I lost count of the people that stopped to wish the Jags luck this week. It was surreal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(01-20-2018, 09:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't seen this level of excitement in this town since 1996.

To me and the rest of us die hards, being a Jaguars fan is always cool.  But to the casual fan, being a Jaguars fan is cool again.

It's a beautiful thing to see and experience and it's way overdue. 

Imagine flying into Jacksonville for the first time ever, January 3, 1997, 19 years old, to start college in a city miles and miles away from home, with little prior knowledge of the team.  I walked precisely into this picture...Jags everywhere.  My first morning, Saturday, January 4, 1997, first playoffs game day ever, Jags @ Buffalo.  From my first trip to Winn Dixie on Beach/St Johns' Bluff, to Regency Mall around game time seeing tons of people crowded by the TVs, one couldn't resist em. They got me ever since.  Go Jags!
I don't know if the Jaguars are considered mainstream just yet, but you couldn't go ten feet at the Town Center today without walking into Jags gear.
(01-20-2018, 09:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Everywhere I have been in Jacksonville this week, Jaguars stuff is everywhere.

I pass by people and catch snippets of conversations, and I hear Jaguars on peoples' lips.

I see the Jaguars logo and colors everywhere.  Stores that never featured Jaguars gear now feature it prominently.

Haven't seen this level of excitement in this town since 1996.

It's a beautiful thing to see and experience and it's way overdue.  Just think how nuts this town will be if we win tomorrow...and again in two weeks!

I remember when we first got the team.  For two to three weeks, people were walking around town with goofy grins of jubilation and disbelief.  People would see another wearing the Jaguars logo, and automatically a bond of sorts was created.  If we win tomorrow, the jubilation of late 1993 and early 1994 would be eclipsed.

The possibilities excite the hell outta me.

I'm so happy for the locals and Jacksonville and Duval County. I love how something like this playoff run can have such a positive effect on people and that spreads to others. 

I'm in the UK so don't usually have many people comment about my Jags gear, i have in the past had 'Why would you wear that'?!

However this week i did have 2 people say to me they hope we beat the Pats.

Looks like the world is starting to hate the Pats!!  Smile
This is just the beginning too. Our window is just opening. As long as brotles continues to develop we will be perennial contenders for at least another half decade. Exciting times to be a jags fan.
I live in Canada and we finally have jags hats!
I'm in Titans territory and I keep hearing people talking about Jax. When they're not talking college anyway.

Everyone who knows I'm a Jags fan have been blowing me up as well.
Unfortunately,  its electric here in New England as well. I wore my South division champions cap, and long sleeve Jags tee out for a beer with my sister tonight. She lives just outside of Worcester,  and the Pats fans were as obnoxious as ever! "Ready for the 60 burger?", "Blake ready to add to his 25 picks tomorrow? ", it was relentless and quite annoying!
(01-20-2018, 11:09 PM)atburg Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately,  its electric here in New England as well. I wore my South division champions cap, and long sleeve Jags tee out for a beer with my sister tonight. She lives just outside of Worcester,  and the Pats fans were as obnoxious as ever! "Ready for the 60 burger?", "Blake ready to add to his 25 picks tomorrow? ", it was relentless and quite annoying!

pats gonna pat.  I can imagine.  Glad you wore your colors with pride mate.  Their time is ticking, it just has to.
(01-20-2018, 11:09 PM)atburg Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately,  its electric here in New England as well. I wore my South division champions cap, and long sleeve Jags tee out for a beer with my sister tonight. She lives just outside of Worcester,  and the Pats fans were as obnoxious as ever! "Ready for the 60 burger?", "Blake ready to add to his 25 picks tomorrow? ", it was relentless and quite annoying!

Yea, they can be pretty obnoxious.  Their success has bred arrogance in a lot of fans.
I've been seeing a lot more people with Jags gear down here in Gainesville.
In a couple of years there will be lots of empty seats in Gillette Stadium during regular season games. It won't take long for the bandwagon to empty once Tom Terrific is gone.
Flew through LaGuardia Wednesday, wearing a Jags sweatshirt.  Giants and Jets colors everywhere......felt good to be the team still playing!
(01-20-2018, 10:33 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I was in San Francisco this week wearing my Jag colors. I lost count of the people that stopped to wish the Jags luck this week. It was surreal.

Tell me about it. I've been in New York City this whole week. Been reppin a lot of Jags stuff and I lost count of all the comments I received, all but one were saying they were pulling for the Jags. Lots of Jets and Giants fans who all hate the Pats lol. Did get one Pats fan with a gold plated pats logo on his ball cap. We joked around and had a laugh. Should be a fun game.
I’m stationed in Ohio and most people know I love this team and In the past I’ve been the brunt of jokes since this team is usually bad (In a state that has the freakin Browns!) but since the playoffs more people are starting to wish me luck against teams. My favorite bar has a spot they save for me during the games since I’m the only Jags fan and it’s not completely packed (plus I tip well) so it’s been pretty fun. Friends that watch with me are completely surprised by how well the team performs and I couldn’t believe it the other day when I saw a Jags beanie in the sporting good store.
This is our 7th straight AFCCG and 12th time for Brady. This is pretty much an annual event, but the excitement never lessons; it seems to get greater. I can't tell you who is going to win or lose. What I can tell you, is that mistakes one team can make in the regular season and get away with will put an end to a playoff run. It will come down to how many times the Jags D can keep Brady out of the end zone, having to settle for FGs, how much inside pressure they can put on Brady having to get rid of that ball too quickly, and how the hand affects him. Brady can avoid outside pressure all day, step up, and make throws. If you disrupt him early, that's your best chance. He can extend plays as good as any QB and will find some 5'10 guy running across the field.

Oddly, the Patriots not known for their running game, have some legit rushers who can catch out of the backfield. This will also serve to wear down that defensive front, and keep the backers running around the field. They do it by committee, but it's been quite effective. It's one reason Brady doesn't have as many TDs this year, because they have been finding ways to rush and punch it in.

Although I don't know who will win, if I have to guess, I will choose the Patriots. Not just because that's my team, which is a part of it, and not just because the Patriots have overcome just about every obstacle to winning playoff games as any team can, but because I feel they are the superior team, playing at home, and I see no quit in this team. They started slow last week, but picked it up and finished strong. I do not see them starting slow this week, and unless Jacksonville puts some points on the board early, forget about the rushing game, and forcing Jacksonville to pass all day is not a recipe for winning @ Foxboro.

Wish you guys good luck, and may the best team win. I'm not one of "those" Patriots fans, so if you do win, I'll leave a single post with congrats. You aren't the Jets or Bills... so there is no hatred to be had Wink

Final Score: NE 34 JAC 17
(01-21-2018, 12:49 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 10:33 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I was in San Francisco this week wearing my Jag colors. I lost count of the people that stopped to wish the Jags luck this week. It was surreal.

Tell me about it. I've been in New York City this whole week. Been reppin a lot of Jags stuff and I lost count of all the comments I received, all but one were saying they were pulling for the Jags. Lots of Jets and Giants fans who all hate the Pats lol. Did get one Pats fan with a gold plated pats logo on his ball cap. We joked around and had a laugh. Should be a fun game.

Same thing for me in Atlanta.  Amazing how many people dislike the Patriots.  I even had some little old lady walk up to me at the grocery store and say "I sure hope you beat those damn bastards!"
Pages: 1 2