Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So does Bortles get a long, big $ contract now ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Does Blake get a big money, long term deal now? He made numerous clutch plays in the playoffs,  and committed zero turnovers. Before the playoffs I couldn't stand the thought of Bortles being the long term qb. Now I honestly don't know if he wouldn't be the right choice.
Bortles was great today. If not for an amazing play by Gilmore, he hits Dede for a TD on that 4th down.

I still think he plays on the option most likely, but not opposed to an extension. He outplayed Brady most of the game.
I'm OK moving forward with Bortles on one condition.

Marrone (or Coughlin) must tell Hackett that he only gets three (3) middle-draw run plays on 1st or 2nd downs in each game total. If he violates that he is fired on the spot lol.
Bortles is officially your starter going forward. We're in win now mode. You don't give the keys to a rookie at this point.

Blake played outstanding tonight and if you look at all of 2017....he's proven himself. He made throw after throw.

He's a veteran who knows the play book. And now he knows what it takes to go to the playoffs. You don't change anything at the QB position after the way he just played.

We get Arob back healthy and we improve that oline, and we go win it all next season.
LOL No.

Either a long contract with decent money or big money for maybe 2 years. He doesn't deserve a monster deal.
(01-21-2018, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]LOL No.

Either a long contract with decent money or big money for maybe 2 years. He doesn't deserve a monster deal.

Um at this point, yes he does!!
He does, just as soon as Kirk Cousins signs his deal. Until that happens tho, hes playing the option.
I hope not, he played good in the playoffs but he's not clutch. As someone said, its win now mode and he probably won't get us there. Its time to sign a vet like Cousins or Manning and develop a rookie behind them.
This is David Garrrard all over again, how did that work out?
I really wouldn’t but given the cap situation, outside of drafting a QB there’s not really a better option.
No. Give him a 3 year extension with being the guaranteed starter and draft a qb to develop somewhere in rounds 1-4
We're gonna pay Bortles and Arob.

We're so good that were gonna end up cutting good players. Especially with the draft coming.
No, we still have to move on from Bortles IMO.

Appreciate the heart he plays with, but I can't see him in our long term plans.
(01-21-2018, 08:46 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope not, he played good in the playoffs but he's not clutch. As someone said, its win now mode and he probably won't get us there. Its time to sign a vet like Cousins or Manning and develop a rookie behind them.

He is not clutch, but lets sign Cousins or Manning? Makes a ton of sense.
absolutely not

pick up the option and make that decision next offseason
We should still bring someone in to challenge for the starting job. I think Bortles did enough to keep him here and he should want to stay here. Henne needs to go he brings nothing to the table except costing us way too much.
I say we sign Alex Smith. I hear he’s clutch in the playoffs.
Keep bortles, draft Lamar Jackson. He's transcendent, revolutionize the nfl qb position
I don't think you take the risk of dumping Bortles at this point, unless there is a sure-fire upgrade. We will be drafting 28th or so....
Jaguars will pay Blake the $19 million for his option year and see how he does. If he improves as much next season as he did this season, they do give him a new contract at the end of next season. Regardless, they will draft a quarterback to replace Henne. As far as paying a free agent, I don't see that happening at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6