Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: who's gone next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
UFA include: Henne, Colvin, Poz, ARob, Lee, McCray, Omameh, Peyton Thompson

Henne should be replaced in the draft and Colvin likely gets starters money somewhere else. Undecided on Poz, but Brown should get his playing time next year.

Quite the WR dilemma. Westbrook and Cole are locks, and ARob likely gets the franchise. I'd imagine they let Lee walk and keep Hurns. Personally wouldn't mind seeing them all back, but the team barely uses 3 WR sets let alone 4/5.

Ivory is getting cut. So don't see much turnover on the roster for once lol. Aside from the bottom of course.

Trey Burton should be the top target in free agency, and maybe a starting guard, tho not sure who will be out there.
Keep eveyone. They are like a family and have a special bond.
Ivory is gone
Henne probably
Most likely one of Hurns/Lee

I hope we pay AC enough to stay.
My guess is Lee is gone. ARob and Hurns will be here along with Westbrook and Cole.

Not sure about Omameh. Would love to see us bolster the offensive line.
Lee played good, but unless he is cheap he goes, Arob will be back on a prove it deal. I think Poz will stay on the cheap. Colvin I would like back. The others, Omameh is the only one I am sort of interested in, but we should be looking for upgrades in the draft. Ivory is getting cut. I think we have to start drafting replacement for soon to be outgoing guys, can't afford everyone.
Ivory and Henne will be gone.

Re-sign A rob and restructure Hurns deal. Re-sign Lewis

AC is most likely gone cause he’s gonna get starter money but we have Patmon/Myrick draft pick for that.

This roster is in good shape.
Ivory is for sure gone. Nothing against him but yeldon and Grant proved their value. Lee might be gone. Even though he played well today, his hands are not a confidence builder and that shouldn't be the case in year four. Colvin should be brought back, but it's whether he wants to and how much he will want. Arob will be brought back because our offense struggled mightily without him. Omameh and Thompson should be brought back as well. I think we let Henne go and bring in another QB; whether that's to replace Blake or keep as dependant backup.
We need A Rob back badly. Or a #1 WR
1. Nortman needs to be gone. He was really good most of his first season but this season has been subpar. I'm not sure if they are really aiming for directional kicks or something, but he seems to always leave late game kicks short or with too little hang time.

2. Colvin is too expensive.

3. Ivory cost too much to be a safety valve when Fournette is injured. Other teams seem to find diamonds in the rough at RB. We need to use this money at better spots.

4. I don't see A-Rob giving the Jags a "discount". My issue with him, is that he has never been en elite route runner or speed guy. His great season was due to being physical and high-pointing jump balls.Those are great things for a WR to have, but few true No. 1 WR have their game solely based on that. Also, I have trouble seeing this coaching staff that prides so much in not making mistake or putting the ball in harms way, of letting Bortles make those type of throws.

5. M. Lee is tough nosed, but I feel he is replaceable with too many drops. Unless they cut Hurns because of his cap hit.
I would like to see back in.no certain order

Arob
Cole
Hurns
Mickens
Westbrook

Sign colvan if he can be for a decent price, if.not we.have myrick and patton who I think could step in.

Ivory gone
Poz enless he gives a discount to stay he is a sure tackler great leader
Henne is gone
Hopefully Colvin is willing to take a bit less money to stick around with us. Lee is inconsistent and needs a great ball to catch it. Still a solid and tough player. Poz is at the end of his career. Get rid of Henne/Ivory. Our main thing in the draft and free agency is depth and maybe a new starting OL.
Lee and Hurns both need to go. Henne needs to go but who knows since he's friends with Bortles.

Leaves A Rob, Dede and Cole....along with a drafted WR.

Try to sign Trey Burton. Need a TE badly.

Colvin played well and should come back if it's a reasonable deal.....otherwise dime CBs are a dime a dozen.

Poz is a gamer and is needed. Wish he would end his career here. Will depend on money.
This is the first offseason where resigning our FAs would be a win. Bring back the players, and if there is money left over, then try to bring in some competition for the weak areas.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Lee and Robinson aren’t in the plans going forward. Could definitely see Ivory getting axed and Poz resigned to a friendly deal.
AC - Starters $$$ in FA, probably gone
Poz - Hopefuly back on a 1 year cheap deal
Henne - Blake will be back therefore so will Henne. 1 year cheap. (Hope I'm wrong)
ARob - "Prove it" via tag (he won't like this and could potentially cause problems with the organization)
Lee - Probably gone
Omameh - Guessing multi year deal

Positions to address imo :
- Depth at OT and Guard
- Possibly a nickel corner
- TE (perhaps the teams #1 draft pick?)
- QB to put on the PS to develop
- Hopefully a vet backup QB capable of giving Blake competition
- Maybe a #2 RB

Congratulations on a great year to the organization, the coaches, players and fans!!!
(01-21-2018, 11:58 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t be surprised if Lee and Robinson aren’t in the plans going forward. Could definitely see Ivory getting axed and Poz resigned to a friendly deal.

Letting Robinson go would be a huge mistake. Even with one leg he's still the best WR on this team and the only WR on this team with his kind of skill set. We missed his jump ball catching ability, as well as his ability to out muscle the DB for the ball. Two areas we greatly lacked in the passing game this season and we'll miss it going forward if he's not here.
Henne, Lee, McCray and Colvin will be gone and just the start of the roster turnover. This off season will be painful for some as we aren’t use to seeing good talent walk. Interesting to say the least.
I would let Henne, Lee, Poz go(or resign poz cheap)

Nortman should be gone. Probably Mickens too.

Ivory should be gone. Need to upgrade TE so either Koyak or o'shaunnesy will be gone, my guess would be Koyak.

Positions of need for offseason: OL, TE, WR, P, backup QB.
You can definitely upgrade from Poz
I really wanna keep Colvin. He's made some big plays. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I'd like to get a more athletic LB than Poz, but he does rack up a lot of tackles, so if the price is right, I'd consider bringing him back, but he wouldn't be guaranteed to start. I'm also not so sure Brown is ready to start in his place. Omameh is a maybe for me. It all depends on the price and I would not guarantee him a starting spot. Other than that, I'd let the rest of them walk.

(01-22-2018, 12:26 AM)BuffaloRush Wrote: [ -> ]You can definitely upgrade from Poz

True, but it would have to be via the draft or free agency. From what I've seen of Brown, I don't believe he's ready to start.
Pages: 1 2 3 4