Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shout out to Blake.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
After being trashed and doubted all year by everyone (including myself at times) , Blake ended up being the best Jaguars player on the field yesterday.  

One of the biggest games in Jaguars history and Blake stood there and balled when several other players were invisible. Regardless of how you feel about him and his future here, he deserves a ton of respect.
I think he's getting better and deserves to start next year, with an improved offensive line, and a new TE.
(01-22-2018, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's getting better and deserves to start next year, with an improved offensive line, and a new TE.

Perhaps. I dunno what to think at the moment.
After 4 years BB5 numbers are better then big ben, eli, alex smith, and others. Yall need to drop this he isnt good enough. he has already shown he is good enough. He just put up the exact same numbers as Tom Brady in a AFC championship game. There is no upgrade to him out there that is available. There is no way you turn over a superbowl ready team to a rookiee. BB5 is progressing along better then any of the QBs drafted in the couple years before him or the same year as him. QB is not our problem.Conservitive play calling and playing not to lose is. When your foot is on the gas you keep it there you dont hit the brakes and curl up to run run pass punt.
I think as long as he continues to work out in the offseason, with (Tom House). He's really improved between this year and last, and I think his offseason work might be a big reason why.
Blake played well, but he's too inconsistent. You never know which Blake Bortles is going to show up. If he can become consistent, then he could become a great player. But we need to be looking for our next QB. Never hurts to be looking for the next guy. And you never know when your QB is going to get hurt. Just ask the Packers, Eagles, Vikings, or Cardinals.
Yep, and the coaching staff has zero faith in him. Since the coaching staff has zero faith in Blake, we need to bring in a QB that the can trust and have faith in
We dealt with 3 years of growing pains and Gus Funk to get rid of him now that he's a solid NFL Qb.

Sounds about right for this group.

What we need is the Pats plan. Blake is the starter, draft a new guy every few years to groom and maybe trade as the opportunity comes our way.
At this point, I don't think there are QBs who could replace him - without commanding a salary that would force us to break up our defense in the next few years. Cousins and Alex Smith will demand cap-breaking salaries. And both are on the wrong side of thirty.

Blake is on an upward trajectory. We need to give him more weapons. Resign A-Rob. Draft a good TE, and another WR. Continue to rebuild the OL, starting with a good guard.
Blake is a franchise qb. He proved that with absolutely no weapons to throw to, a makeshift line and a rookie rb and got them to 10 minutes away from the super bowl. That is some high caliber play right there.

I want to see him in the second year of this system with some actual receiving threats. Get him a Tyreek Hill type player, a Kelce and bring A rob back and watch us be the number 1 seed
I'm looking at the final two-minute drive of the game. Blake actually got two first downs, drove the ball down the field, then took a sack that put them in a hole. But his fourth down pass to Westbrook was on the money. The NE safety just made a great play.
(01-22-2018, 11:59 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking at the final two-minute drive of the game.  Blake actually got two first downs, drove the ball down the field, then took a sack that put them in a hole. But his fourth down pass to Westbrook was on the money. The NE safety just made a great play.

Yep. And he got this defense a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter in Foxborough. That defense let him down. 

But now they know what level they have to be at to compete with the best
Blake played his heart out and balled through the playoffs. All with rookies all over the offense. He led us to the AFC Championship Game and had us 8 Mon away with a lead.

I'm proud of Blake. Especially after everything he's gone through.
We can win with Blake this season proves it to me
(01-22-2018, 12:28 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]We can win with Blake this season proves it to me

We did win with Blake.  Big Grin
Dude had his team to a 10 point lead with 10 minutes to play in the AFCCG. Even with the ref screw job. The D is supposed to take it from there. I look forward to watching him in his second season in Hacketts system. He will only get better. Shout out indeed!!
Bortles will get better. He will take a little time off and then he’ll be back out west training with Tom House and Brady. This will make him hungry
Blake is our man - he's our ride or die. I'm 100% behind him. Unreal that it was just a few months ago that I was trashing the front office for that fifth-year thing and now it looks like a very wise decision. Blake will be back - the only question is in what form contractually.
(01-22-2018, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's getting better and deserves to start next year, with an improved offensive line, and a new TE.

I think he deserves to start next year too but the coaching staff proved yesterday they have zero faith in Bortles even when he was the best player on our team and set a career high with 13 straight completions.  No point in keeping him, they have to find a a QB they trust
Blake is still growing. I think he'll be even better next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6