Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform
  • Disney announces a one-time cash bonus of $1,000 for over 125,000 employees.
  • The company will also make a $50 million investment into a new employee education program.
  • Both initiatives are a result of the recent tax reform. 
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/23/1250...ogram.html
We just increased the federal deficit by $1.7 trillion dollars but who cares, I got $1,000 baby .....

[Image: 200.webp#7-grid1]
(01-23-2018, 06:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We just increased the federal deficit by $1.7 trillion dollars but who cares, I got $1,000 baby .....

It's like nobody ever heard of quid pro quo before.
Some of you guys remind me of Randy Quaid in Major League 2.
Yep, both parties and their loyal followings are pretty much hypocrates
As Nancy would say, $1,000 is SCRAPS! A bar bill on an early night.
(01-23-2018, 06:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We just increased the federal deficit by $1.7 trillion dollars but who cares, I got $1,000 baby .....

Not true.

That number is over 10 years and doesn't take into account for economic growth. The growth, by the way, we never saw under Obama. 

The kickbacks for employees is great, but we're also seeing companies spending in the US, too. 

Hell, Apple is paying tens of billions in taxes just to bring a couple hundred back into the US. There's no way the deficit increases under the tax plan.
Wow the trumpettes love a bit of propaganda. I bet there is no great salary increases for the average man in the coming years.

A one off bonus? What about a wage increase?
(01-23-2018, 10:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Wow the trumpettes love a bit of propaganda. I bet there is no great salary increases for the average man in the coming years.

There have been some salary increases too. I guess your Leftist media doesn't report it.

And the main force behind salary increases is from the the supply vs. demand for workers. When companies expand in the US or return to the US because of lower taxes, there will be much competition in the labor market. That's not an immediate effect.
(01-23-2018, 10:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Wow the trumpettes love a bit of propaganda. I bet there is no great salary increases for the average man in the coming years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201...023848001/

Wages increases, 401k contributions, bonuses, etc.

The salary increase happened, too. You'll see a lot more of that from smaller businesses.

Which is a drop in the bucket compared to your messiah. He ran up more debt than all of his predecessors combined.
(01-23-2018, 10:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

There have been some salary increases too. I guess your Leftist media doesn't report it.

And the main force behind salary increases is from the the supply vs. demand for workers. When companies expand in the US or return to the US because of lower taxes, there will be much competition in the labor market. That's not an immediate effect.

My media isnt even leftist? Actually i dont even follow much media.

A small tax break will not make an organisation bring their manufacturing home or outsourced office. Why would they do that if wages are going up as a response?

Think you are buying propaganda from happy corporates and bosses who can now get bigger bonuses
(01-23-2018, 11:20 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2018, 10:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

My media isnt even leftist? Actually i dont even follow much media.

A small tax break will not make an organisation bring their manufacturing home or outsourced office. Why would they do that if wages are going up as a response?

Think you are buying propaganda from happy corporates and bosses who can now get bigger bonuses
[Image: Funny-Sheep-Facts.jpg]
So nothing to say...
You lot arent very deep thinkers. Why are these corporates coming out with praise while giving token amounts to employees?

Ive received plenty of bonuses before and never has there been an announcement celebrating the government. You lot are very naive people ...
You're very.... uneducated.

35% tax rate for corporations.
18% is the AVERAGE for European countries for corporations.

NOW the US corporate tax is 21%... our companies can finally compete AND stay on US soil. More jobs, more money.

14% is huge.

There, you've been educated.
(01-23-2018, 11:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]So nothing to say...
You lot arent very deep thinkers. Why are these corporates coming out with praise while giving token amounts to employees?

Ive received plenty of bonuses before and never has there been an announcement celebrating the government. You lot are very naive people ...

We’ve already said it. You said it wasn’t wages but they have increased wages. Then you said it won’t bring business back, but companies have already announced plans to bring more business back.

Now you’re saying it’s just a token amount. How much do you expect them to hand out?
(01-24-2018, 12:27 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2018, 11:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]So nothing to say...

We’ve already said it. You said it wasn’t wages but they have increased wages. Then you said it won’t bring business back, but companies have already announced plans to bring more business back.

Now you’re saying it’s just a token amount. How much do you expect them to hand out?

[Image: tenor.gif]

Actually, I didn't get a bonus, so in effect, these bonuses are coming out of my pocket.   And that's true of anyone who hasn't gotten a bonus.   The government borrowed money in your name to finance a tax cut, part of which goes directly into other people's pockets in the form of bonuses.  

But most people are just too dumb to see this.
(01-24-2018, 07:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, I didn't get a bonus, so in effect, these bonuses are coming out of my pocket.   And that's true of anyone who hasn't gotten a bonus.   The government borrowed money in your name to finance a tax cut, part of which goes directly into other people's pockets in the form of bonuses.  

"Finance a tax cut" is the best of the propaganda tactics of the left. Revenue has NEVER been the problem with the government, it has ALWAYS been overspending. The idea that taking less of my money today is like Uncle Sam writing me a check as a gift is absurd. Hey, I'm going to steal your wallet, but I'll give you back the 2 bucks in cash you had. And then some other guy says, "that was my $2 bucks he gave you." Whatever.
(01-24-2018, 07:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

You just borrowed 7 seconds of my time reading this, and that came out of my pocket.
Pages: 1 2