Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags blew it (refs or not)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all im proud of the team for a quick turn around this season. It was a great year. Jags fall a  little short.  now onto the AFCC game.

yes there was some bad calls by refs,and a some no calls. 2 of the biggest plays in the game cost jags though themselves.

Myles jack recovered fumble,yes refs blew whistle early,but jags still got the ball,and went 3 and out. you don't win if you can't score points off turn overs.

all jags had to do near end of the game was stop pats on 3rd & 18 yes there was holding,but a super bowl team woulv'e found a way to stop pats even with players being held.

we can blame the refs all we want,we can say what if all day,an night. 

Reality is jags fall short,and crashed in AFCC game.
After taking time to dissect the loss and come to terms, I agree. Yes the refs did us no favors that is true, but the coaches, the players and the fans all knew going in we would be spotting N.E. 10 to 14 points. In the 4th quarter the team went conservative. The offense went play not to lose and defense went prevent. 10 points against NE in Foxboro is never enough.
This is what I think as well. It is what it is. We knew going in that the calls weren't going our way, and didn't play aggressive enough to win in that scenario.
Every call against the Jags was legit and blatant. Yes, even the one where Cooks was shoved out of bounds. The refs allowed the teams to play and only called the obvious ones that couldn't be ignored. No ticky-tack calls that drive us all crazy. The only o-line holding call to be accepted was against NE.

The only legitimate gripe was the early whistle. It was a bang bang play and in real time, it was difficult to determine if it was a fumble or if the Jags' player was down by contact. Even in slo-mo and several angles of replay, it was difficult to tell. These plays are usually blown dead quickly, especially sine the refs didn't even seen to know the Jags got the ball.

Hopefully, despite the easy schedule, the Jags will return to the playoffs next year. Despite their schedule, they managed to lay the wood to the Steelers twice.
(01-25-2018, 09:33 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]Every call against the Jags was legit and blatant. Yes, even the one where Cooks was shoved out of bounds. The refs allowed the teams to play and only called the obvious ones that couldn't be ignored. No ticky-tack calls that drive us all crazy. The only o-line holding call to be accepted was against NE.

The only legitimate gripe was the early whistle. It was a bang bang play and in real time, it was difficult to determine if it was a fumble or if the Jags' player was down by contact. Even in slo-mo and several angles of replay, it was difficult to tell. These plays are usually blown dead quickly, especially sine the refs didn't even seen to know the Jags got the ball.

Hopefully, despite the easy schedule, the Jags will return to the playoffs next year. Despite their schedule, they managed to lay the wood to the Steelers twice.

The game is over and the Pats are playing the Eagles on Superbowl Sunday but if you think that that the early whistle is the only legit gripe, your real name must be Helen Keller.
(01-25-2018, 09:33 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]Every call against the Jags was legit and blatant. Yes, even the one where Cooks was shoved out of bounds. The refs allowed the teams to play and only called the obvious ones that couldn't be ignored. No ticky-tack calls that drive us all crazy. The only o-line holding call to be accepted was against NE.

You're out of your mind. I disagree with the first sentence, but even if I were to concede that point, how can you say they only called the obvious calls when there are numerous examples where the Patriots had egregious (un)called penalties?
(01-25-2018, 09:52 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]

You're out of your mind. I disagree with the first sentence, but even if I were to concede that point, how can you say they only called the obvious calls when there are numerous examples where the Patriots had egregious (un)called penalties?

It’s only egregious if anyone else besides the pats does it...duh.
If the Jaguars don't get a delay of game after a timeout, they win. Everything started falling apart after that. I really believe this.
You have to basically be blowing them out by the middle of the 3rd quarter

If you let them hang around and keep it close, that's when these mistakes costs you. Lesson learned, I hope the players and coaches remember, and mark that regular season game with NE on the calendar
there will be one more video even though the team isn't in the super bowl.

Question.  You honestly believe that NE only committed one penalty...on a kickoff...that entire game?  If so, I have a land deal to offer you.
(01-25-2018, 07:19 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]After taking time to dissect the loss and come to terms, I agree.  Yes the refs did us no favors that is true, but the coaches, the players and the fans all knew going in we would be spotting N.E. 10 to 14 points.  In the 4th quarter the team went conservative.  The offense went play not to lose and defense went prevent.  10 points against NE in Foxboro is never enough.

I believe this a 200% discussion.

The refs 100% caused the Jags to lose.  They should not have had to make plays at the end of the game to win.

However, the Jags 100% lost the game themselves.  They had chance on both offense and defense to win n the end and din’t get it done.

If either one of the above change then we win the game.

My personal frustration is with the refs.  NEVER, should unfairness dictate the outcome of a game.
(01-25-2018, 11:18 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]If the Jaguars don't get a delay of game after a timeout, they win. Everything started falling apart after that. I really believe this.

I absolutely agree. They converted the first down on the play and would have killed the half, adding either a FG to go up 17-3 or a TD to go 21-3 and into the locker room. Instead...14-10 HUGE difference.

Thank you.

This constant whining about the refs makes Jags fans look so soft. And no one has sufficiently explained the mechanics of game fixing - and that's what you're saying it is - and why from Goodell down to the officials anyone would risk being involved in fixing games.

How many games have I been at where the guy next to me keeps screaming - "Let 'em play!", but when they do so ...
(01-26-2018, 02:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you.

This constant whining about the refs makes Jags fans look so soft. And no one has sufficiently explained the mechanics of game fixing - and that's what you're saying it is - and why from Goodell down to the officials anyone would risk being involved in fixing games.

How many games have I been at where the guy next to me keeps screaming - "Let 'em play!", but when they do so ...

I don’t believe many fans are saying the games are actually fixed (maybe right after when emotions were high). There is a Foxboro/Brady bias however that every great QB will get. We used to get those calls and non-calls back in the early years. I will say the PI at the end of the 1st half was so ticky tack. Both players were fighting for position and hand checking. A pass from Bortles to Westbrook does not draw a flag in the same situation.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-27386-1384285398-16.gif]

(01-26-2018, 02:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you.

Nobody is crying the games are fixed. Most fans here, and even in the mainstream media are simply pointing how historically lopsided the officiating was in a close contest. The last time an opponent in an AFCC game received ONE penalty was in 2011 when the patsies managed to narrowly hold off a Ravens team by 3 points. Very similar to our contest. That's all people are saying. 

I am not saying there's a grand conspiracy out there with rigged games. But there was a clear cut issue with terrible and lopsided officiating in our game. Period. It doesn't take a [BLEEP] lot to see that. Anyone with eyes. Whether you're a casual fan, can't stand the Jaguars or a die hard fan will tell you that game was completely [BLEEP] when it came to the officiating.
The Steelers' board looked exactly like this one last week. The refs screwed the Steelers while turning a blind eye to numerous game changing penalties committed by the Jags. That's human nature. When the Giants beat the Pats, Eli was clearly "in the grasp" before his lucky TD pass and the intentional grounding by Brady in the 2nd game, was never, in the history of football, ever been called before. Brady heaved the ball, not out of bounds or into the ground, but deep down the middle of the field! See how that works?

The bottom line is that if you take care of business, you don't need to leave anything in the hands of the refs. To think that the NFL would help the Patriots in ANY way is simply nonsense.

No one cared about the tuck rule when it cost the Patriots a game against the Jets. When it helped the Pats? Change it!
No one cared about aggressive defensive back play until PEDton Manning's pillow soft offense couldn't beat the Pats. Change it! Those PI calls wouldn't have been called pre-Colts' SB.
No one cared about the location of cameras until NE did it. Since filming signals has never been against the rules, every team did it each and every game. As soon as the Jets complain... SPYGATE.
No one cared about the common ineligible receiver play until NE used it against the Ravens. Change it! Yet Harbaugh tried the exact play 3 times after the rules changed.
No one cared that weather decreases PSI. Everyone knows it happens. Suddenly, the NFL denied it. That made as much sense as saying gravity doesn't exist.

When the NFL tries so darn hard to prevent the Patriots from winning, how can anyone say the league is rigged so that the Patriots win? You can't have it both ways...
if you read my post,i never said the refs cost the jags the game. I said there was bad calls yes,but jags cost themselves the game.

Myles jack recovered fumble,yes refs blew whistle early,but jags still got the ball,and went 3 and out. you don't win if you can't score points off turn overs.

all jags had to do near end of the game was stop pats on 3rd & 18 yes there was holding,but a super bowl team woulv'e found a way to stop pats even with players being held.

we can blame the refs all we want,we can say what if all day,an night.

Reality is jags fall short,and crashed in AFCC game.
(01-26-2018, 09:58 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]The Steelers' board looked exactly like this one last week. The refs screwed the Steelers while turning a blind eye to numerous game changing penalties committed by the Jags. That's human nature. When the Giants beat the Pats, Eli was clearly "in the grasp" before his lucky TD pass and the intentional grounding by Brady in the 2nd game, was never, in the history of football, ever been called before. Brady heaved the ball, not out of bounds or into the ground, but deep down the middle of the field! See how that works?

The bottom line is that if you take care of business, you don't need to leave anything in the hands of the refs. To think that the NFL would help the Patriots in ANY way is simply nonsense.

No one cared about the tuck rule when it cost the Patriots a game against the Jets. When it helped the Pats? Change it!
No one cared about aggressive defensive back play until PEDton Manning's pillow soft offense couldn't beat the Pats. Change it! Those PI calls wouldn't have been called pre-Colts' SB.
No one cared about the location of cameras until NE did it. Since filming signals has never been against the rules, every team did it each and every game. As soon as the Jets complain... SPYGATE.
No one cared about the common ineligible receiver play until NE used it against the Ravens. Change it! Yet Harbaugh tried the exact play 3 times after the rules changed.
No one cared that weather decreases PSI. Everyone knows it happens. Suddenly, the NFL denied it. That made as much sense as saying gravity doesn't exist.

When the NFL tries so darn hard to prevent the Patriots from winning, how can anyone say the league is rigged so that the Patriots win? You can't have it both ways...

You seem to want to have it both ways. You think the NFL is trying to screw the pats, but not any of the other 31 teams.
(01-26-2018, 09:58 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]The Steelers' board looked exactly like this one last week. The refs screwed the Steelers while turning a blind eye to numerous game changing penalties committed by the Jags. That's human nature. When the Giants beat the Pats, Eli was clearly "in the grasp" before his lucky TD pass and the intentional grounding by Brady in the 2nd game, was never, in the history of football, ever been called before. Brady heaved the ball, not out of bounds or into the ground, but deep down the middle of the field! See how that works?

The Patriots had how many offensive or defensive penalties in the game?  I believe it was somewhere around zero.  You're telling me they played an absolutely clean game?  Really?
Pages: 1 2