Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Statue outside Everbank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you think we should have one of Tony Boselli? Or maybe Freddy T.

It would b a nice addition. Saw where Manning just got one in Indy. 

The only plplayers that would be worthy are Boselli and maybe Taylor. If Tony could make the HOF, then definitely. 

Thoughts
No.
Touchdown is great. Remember the time the kid got his head caught in his mouth and they had to cut out his teeth?
Perhaps eventually, Tom Coughlin. But not yet.
(01-31-2018, 06:44 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Touchdown is great.  Remember the time the kid got his head caught in his mouth and they had to cut out his teeth?

Poor kid wears dentures to this day.
no
Definitely Boselli. I wanna see his head get so big, it explodes!
A statue of a giant boiled peanut.
(01-31-2018, 06:44 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Touchdown is great.  Remember the time the kid got his head caught in his mouth and they had to cut out his teeth?

I remember Jurkovic telling the kid to put the tooth under his pillow to see if he gets any money for it.
Um. No.
If the Jags win a SB here soon and Coughlin is involved I'd have no problem with a statue of him. Anyone else....nah.
No worthy "statue-r" as yet.
(01-31-2018, 03:46 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think we should have one of Tony Boselli? Or maybe Freddy T.

It would b a nice addition. Saw where Manning just got one in Indy. 

The only plplayers that would be worthy are Boselli and maybe Taylor. If Tony could make the HOF, then definitely. 

Thoughts

When Boselli gets in the Hall, possibly.
I don't think Hall of Fame is worthy of a statue at the stadium. You gotta be one of the best ever, and you have to be responsible for multiple Super Bowls. Obviously we have never had a player like that.

Hate to say it... but I don't think an O-Lineman has enough impact on a team to ever be worthy of a statue... he would have to be a hall of fame player and then become a hall of fame coach and then be a hall of fame actor in a reboot of Rocky.
I think it would be cool to consider the Weavers. No player has earned it in my opinion.
Wayne Weaver - YES

Boselli - NO
No. Statues depicting a person are, imo, gimmicky and unnecessary. Fred and Tony are ever-present around the organization, their pictures and history are all over the place and they're both in the Pride. At what point do you stop piling individual honors on a player?

The best statue in the NFL, imo, is of a moment. The statue of Steve Gleason blocking Michael Koenen's punt outside of the Saints' stadium is a thing of beauty. If another statue is built, I'd rather it be of a defining moment in team history, not just another tribute to a player we already honor all over the stadium.
Jaxson. He's the only one worthy.
FBT, TMD and JW.
FBT pointing and TMD and JW walking away, heads down.
(01-31-2018, 12:13 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]FBT, TMD and JW.
FBT pointing and TMD and JW walking away, heads down.

It's been done.

[Image: a9e16c105afb81899bc899c9814001e0--adam-a...ctures.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3