Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts' Edwin Jackson killed by suspected drunk driver..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just goes to show, You Never Know when your time is up

R.I.P.
Edwin Jackson dies after being hit by suspected drunken driver

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ken-driver

Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was killed after being hit by a suspected drunken driver early Sunday, Indiana State Police confirmed to NFL.com. He was 26.
My condolences to his family, friends, and Colt fans.
Condolences.
RIP
Absolutely great guy too. I lived in the dorm next to his our freshman year at Georgia Southern. Went from a walk on to the most recognizable guy on the roster, but it never went to his head. Definitely gone too soon.
On February 4, 2018 just before 4:00 A.M., Jackson asked if his Uber driver, 54 year old Jeffrey Monroe could pull over as Jackson felt ill, both men exited the vehicle. Jackson and Monroe were struck by a Ford F-150 pickup truck on Interstate 70, as they were parked on the shoulder, killing him and his driver. 

Personally, I feel sorry for the uber driver, who was an innocent victim.
(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]On February 4, 2018 just before 4:00 A.M., Jackson asked if his Uber driver, 54 year old Jeffrey Monroe could pull over as Jackson felt ill, both men exited the vehicle. Jackson and Monroe were struck by a Ford F-150 pickup truck on Interstate 70, as they were parked on the shoulder, killing him and his driver. 

Personally, I feel sorry for the uber driver, who was an innocent victim.

Both were innocent victims.
Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant, police say

The suspected drunk driver who killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash on the morning of the Super Bowl is a Guatemalan citizen who is in the U.S. illegally and has been deported twice, police revealed Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/02/05...e-say.html
(02-05-2018, 02:35 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant, police say

The suspected drunk driver who killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash on the morning of the Super Bowl is a Guatemalan citizen who is in the U.S. illegally and has been deported twice, police revealed Monday.

People will say this is insensitive and belongs in the Political forum, but this is simply a heart breaking fact of the case.
(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]On February 4, 2018 just before 4:00 A.M., Jackson asked if his Uber driver, 54 year old Jeffrey Monroe could pull over as Jackson felt ill, both men exited the vehicle. Jackson and Monroe were struck by a Ford F-150 pickup truck on Interstate 70, as they were parked on the shoulder, killing him and his driver. 

How is this known?
(02-05-2018, 05:03 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]

How is this known?

Have you ever ridden Uber?  They are in constant contact with the call center.  They report any diversion or interruption to the route
(02-05-2018, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2018, 05:03 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]How is this known?

Have you ever ridden Uber?  They are in constant contact with the call center.  They report any diversion or interruption to the route

"call center"?  I think you are confusing Uber with "cab".
(02-05-2018, 02:35 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant, police say

Regarding the above, I think that this is an important fact in the sad story.  This won't be moved to the political forum unless political discussion starts here.  If we want to discuss the politics of this case, then anyone is free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

In the meantime, RIP to the victims and prayers for their families.
Horrible news that never should have happened.

I hope that Edwin Jackson's family and others that were close to him get as much comfortable as possible.
(02-05-2018, 05:47 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2018, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever ridden Uber?  They are in constant contact with the call center.  They report any diversion or interruption to the route

"call center"?  I think you are confusing Uber with "cab".

My guess is that there's some sort of dash cam inside the vehicle.
It's called "The moth effect". People are drawn somehow to flashing/illuminated lights and somehow that leads to slamming into vehicles.

http://www.visualexpert.com/Resources/motheffect.html

RIP to all.

(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I feel sorry for the uber driver, who was an innocent victim.
This a a pretty odd post for obvious reasons IMO.
(02-05-2018, 04:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

People will say this is insensitive and belongs in the Political forum, but this is simply a heart breaking fact of the case.

(02-05-2018, 09:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

Regarding the above, I think that this is an important fact in the sad story.  This won't be moved to the political forum unless political discussion starts here.  If we want to discuss the politics of this case, then anyone is free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

In the meantime, RIP to the victims and prayers for their families.

There are drunk drivers from all walks of life. Sure, the guy shouldn't have been in the US, but the fact of the matter is that there are far too many drunks on the roads as it is. I'm sure the guy will get what is coming to him.
Pages: 1 2