Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts' Edwin Jackson killed by suspected drunk driver..

Sad news:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crim...304726002/
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just goes to show, You Never Know when your time is up

R.I.P.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Edwin Jackson dies after being hit by suspected drunken driver

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ken-driver

Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was killed after being hit by a suspected drunken driver early Sunday, Indiana State Police confirmed to NFL.com. He was 26.

My condolences to his family, friends, and Colt fans.

Condolences.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

RIP
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Absolutely great guy too. I lived in the dorm next to his our freshman year at Georgia Southern. Went from a walk on to the most recognizable guy on the roster, but it never went to his head. Definitely gone too soon.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/...in-jackso/
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 11:53 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

On February 4, 2018 just before 4:00 A.M., Jackson asked if his Uber driver, 54 year old Jeffrey Monroe could pull over as Jackson felt ill, both men exited the vehicle. Jackson and Monroe were struck by a Ford F-150 pickup truck on Interstate 70, as they were parked on the shoulder, killing him and his driver. 

Personally, I feel sorry for the uber driver, who was an innocent victim.

(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: On February 4, 2018 just before 4:00 A.M., Jackson asked if his Uber driver, 54 year old Jeffrey Monroe could pull over as Jackson felt ill, both men exited the vehicle. Jackson and Monroe were struck by a Ford F-150 pickup truck on Interstate 70, as they were parked on the shoulder, killing him and his driver. 

Personally, I feel sorry for the uber driver, who was an innocent victim.

Both were innocent victims.

Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant, police say

The suspected drunk driver who killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash on the morning of the Super Bowl is a Guatemalan citizen who is in the U.S. illegally and has been deported twice, police revealed Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/02/05...e-say.html
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(02-05-2018, 02:35 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant, police say

The suspected drunk driver who killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash on the morning of the Super Bowl is a Guatemalan citizen who is in the U.S. illegally and has been deported twice, police revealed Monday.

People will say this is insensitive and belongs in the Political forum, but this is simply a heart breaking fact of the case.

(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: On February 4, 2018 just before 4:00 A.M., Jackson asked if his Uber driver, 54 year old Jeffrey Monroe could pull over as Jackson felt ill, both men exited the vehicle. Jackson and Monroe were struck by a Ford F-150 pickup truck on Interstate 70, as they were parked on the shoulder, killing him and his driver. 

How is this known?

(02-05-2018, 05:03 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:

How is this known?

Have you ever ridden Uber?  They are in constant contact with the call center.  They report any diversion or interruption to the route

(02-05-2018, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 05:03 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: How is this known?

Have you ever ridden Uber?  They are in constant contact with the call center.  They report any diversion or interruption to the route

"call center"?  I think you are confusing Uber with "cab".

(02-05-2018, 02:35 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Edwin Jackson, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, was killed by an illegal immigrant, police say

Regarding the above, I think that this is an important fact in the sad story.  This won't be moved to the political forum unless political discussion starts here.  If we want to discuss the politics of this case, then anyone is free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

In the meantime, RIP to the victims and prayers for their families.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Horrible news that never should have happened.

I hope that Edwin Jackson's family and others that were close to him get as much comfortable as possible.

(02-05-2018, 05:47 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Have you ever ridden Uber?  They are in constant contact with the call center.  They report any diversion or interruption to the route

"call center"?  I think you are confusing Uber with "cab".

My guess is that there's some sort of dash cam inside the vehicle.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 10:38 AM by Jagwired.)

It's called "The moth effect". People are drawn somehow to flashing/illuminated lights and somehow that leads to slamming into vehicles.

http://www.visualexpert.com/Resources/motheffect.html

RIP to all.

(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I feel sorry for the uber driver, who was an innocent victim.
This a a pretty odd post for obvious reasons IMO.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-05-2018, 04:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

People will say this is insensitive and belongs in the Political forum, but this is simply a heart breaking fact of the case.

(02-05-2018, 09:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Regarding the above, I think that this is an important fact in the sad story.  This won't be moved to the political forum unless political discussion starts here.  If we want to discuss the politics of this case, then anyone is free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

In the meantime, RIP to the victims and prayers for their families.

There are drunk drivers from all walks of life. Sure, the guy shouldn't have been in the US, but the fact of the matter is that there are far too many drunks on the roads as it is. I'm sure the guy will get what is coming to him.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.