Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coughlin, Caldwell, Marrone contracts extended to 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excellent move. Keep the group together. It appears that they understand what the other wants and can work in unison to produce at a high level.
Smart. I was always worried about Coughlin possibly leaving to take another head coaching job. This puts to rest my worries.
Dilly,Dilly!
I know they're saying through 2021 (the next four seasons), but how many more years did each of them get if anyone knows? 
Ultimately, coaches contracts mean nothing. Yes, it gets them some job security, but if we were to go 0-16 next season, (god forbid!) they'd still get fired. Coaches are always the #1 fall guy. In any case, it was a good move.
Excellent news!

All three are clearly assets to the organization, and last year's team reflected that. Hopefully they remain here for a long long time.
Good to hear.
(02-23-2018, 04:04 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I know they're saying through 2021 (the next four seasons), but how many more years did each of them get if anyone knows? 

Last year they all signed 3 year deals if I’m not mistaken.
They deserve it. Get us results and you can stay as long as you like.
Excellent, keep these guys together and the rest will look after itself..
I'm sure this came after they agreed to scratch the ever-itching ears.
This trio brought us a chance to go to the SB and more happiness to our city since 2007. This is one of Khans best investments and he knows it. I wasn't expecting this move, but it comes with open arms as they keep this momentum going. This past year was very exciting and I look forward to being a team that wrecks havoc in the AFC.
This also gives me more confidence in Bortles. It's pretty clear that Tom, Dave, and Doug were on board with attaching the future of their jobs with Blake. This shows me that they are confident that he'll continue to ascend. Go Jags!
Great news!
This serves as a repudiation of those who wanted Caldwell fired.