Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin, Caldwell, Marrone contracts extended to 2021

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/Tdickman89/st...gr%5Etweet[/tweet]

Good move.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Excellent move. Keep the group together. It appears that they understand what the other wants and can work in unison to produce at a high level.

Smart. I was always worried about Coughlin possibly leaving to take another head coaching job. This puts to rest my worries.

Dilly,Dilly!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I know they're saying through 2021 (the next four seasons), but how many more years did each of them get if anyone knows? 
'02

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 04:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Ultimately, coaches contracts mean nothing. Yes, it gets them some job security, but if we were to go 0-16 next season, (god forbid!) they'd still get fired. Coaches are always the #1 fall guy. In any case, it was a good move.

Excellent news!

All three are clearly assets to the organization, and last year's team reflected that. Hopefully they remain here for a long long time.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Good to hear.

(02-23-2018, 04:04 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I know they're saying through 2021 (the next four seasons), but how many more years did each of them get if anyone knows? 

Last year they all signed 3 year deals if I’m not mistaken.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They deserve it. Get us results and you can stay as long as you like.

Excellent, keep these guys together and the rest will look after itself..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I'm sure this came after they agreed to scratch the ever-itching ears.

This trio brought us a chance to go to the SB and more happiness to our city since 2007. This is one of Khans best investments and he knows it. I wasn't expecting this move, but it comes with open arms as they keep this momentum going. This past year was very exciting and I look forward to being a team that wrecks havoc in the AFC.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

This also gives me more confidence in Bortles. It's pretty clear that Tom, Dave, and Doug were on board with attaching the future of their jobs with Blake. This shows me that they are confident that he'll continue to ascend. Go Jags!

Great news!
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

This serves as a repudiation of those who wanted Caldwell fired.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!