Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What is Allen Robinson's market value
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I came across this new feature on spotrac and found it to be pretty interesting. Using an age, current contract amounts, and production stat line algorithm is generates 4 players to compare Robinson contract expectations to.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...ket-value/

I also found the same for Lee.

Is he worth being mentioned with the Hopkins/Green/Dez/Hilton's of the NFL? Is he worth getting paid as such?
Over under, how many A-Rob threads will be started this week and beyond?
(03-05-2018, 06:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I came across this new feature on spotrac and found it to be pretty interesting. Using an age, current contract amounts, and production stat line algorithm is generates 4 players to compare Robinson contract expectations to.

Is he worth being mentioned with the Hopkins/Green/Dez/Hilton's of the NFL? Is he worth getting paid as such?

If you think his one great season is not an outlier, then yes. However, I don't think you can assume that.

Sure, the coaches said he had an amazing camp last year, and the areas he really needs improvement (separation and route running) are things that he can learn. But do you really pay that amount without A Rob ever duplicating his 2015 jump-ball ability or showing that improvement in actual games?

Jags with Caldwell don't normally take those bets, and when they rarely do, they write in a big out clause after 1-2 seasons.

I don't think A. Rob would agree to a contract that puts him at risk at being a FA again in 1-2 years or taking an incentive laden contract. Especially since there are few good-to-possibly-great WR on the market and a lot of teams needing those WR.
People also forget he is coming off a major injury. He may not be healthy for awhile.
A 4-year, $55 mil contract words our to $13.75 mil per and also happens to equal right about what the transition tag number will be this year. It's a number that basically says you're top 10.

$7.5 mil for Lee makes plenty of sense, although I'm still not sure I even want to use the roster space on him.
(03-05-2018, 06:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I came across this new feature on spotrac and found it to be pretty interesting. Using an age, current contract amounts, and production stat line algorithm is generates 4 players to compare Robinson contract expectations to.

Spotrac had ARob as playing 100% of the games and completely ignored the 2017 season. Because of that I think it overestimates his market value. He's coming off an ACL tear. Most players come back just fine from that injury, but it's far from certain.
(03-05-2018, 07:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Spotrac had ARob as playing 100% of the games and completely ignored the 2017 season. Because of that I think it overestimates his market value. He's coming off an ACL tear. Most players come back just fine from that injury, but it's far from certain.

A few weeks back I was thinking he'd sign for $12.5 mil per
(4 years, $50 mil), but the thing is about that $13.75 mil per (4 years, $55 mil) number... there are a ton of WRs making that much many of whom ARob is flat better than. I really think he laughs at anything less, and I really think he wants to top Nuk Hopkins in the division with a $16.25 mil per (4 years, $60 mil) deal. I can see him arguing for the latter number, but possibly settling for the middle number. For whatever reason, though, I see Caldwell only offering him the first number.
If the Jags don’t pay him, someone is going to give him a lot of money.
Davante Adams contract is Arobs starting point in any contract talks.

14 million per and 35 guaranteed is what I'd say he gets.
I'd say if you were signing him long term about 11-13 would be fair market. Coming off an acl though? Not sure, i think he walks and we find out. I doubt over 10 million per year on a prove it deal without tons of incentives, but i am going off of nothing but a guess.
(03-05-2018, 08:32 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say if you were signing him long term about 11-13 would be fair market. Coming off an acl though? Not sure, i think he walks and we find out. I doubt over 10 million per year on a prove it deal without tons of incentives, but i am going off of nothing but a guess.
He’s only 24.

If he hits the open market, he will make some serious dough.
It depends upon how Keenan McCardell feels about things. I'd like to have Marquis Lee back for a few years and let Keenan really focus on developing his talent and toughness. Lee has untapped production. We need to draw it out of him. The best way to do that is to really give him much more confidence in himself. I kind of think things were a bit stand-offish with him.

I really like him. I think he has league super star in him if we can develop ways to enrich his production. I think the best way to do that is to strengthen him and post him as a deep threat receiver and not so much as a possession-type receiver. Just Xerox Antonio Brown routes, or something. Marquis can do that stuff easy.
(03-06-2018, 12:07 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]It depends upon how Keenan McCardell feels about things. I'd like to have Marquis Lee back for a few years and let Keenan really focus on developing his talent and toughness. Lee has untapped production. We need to draw it out of him. The best way to do that is to really give him much more confidence in himself. I kind of think things were a bit stand-offish with him.

I really like him. I think he has league super star in him if we can develop ways to enrich his production. I think the best way to do that is to strengthen him and post him as a deep threat receiver and not so much as a possession-type receiver. Just Xerox Antonio Brown routes, or something. Marquis can do that stuff easy.
There’s no “u” in Marqise
(03-06-2018, 12:07 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]It depends upon how Keenan McCardell feels about things. I'd like to have Marquis Lee back for a few years and let Keenan really focus on developing his talent and toughness. Lee has untapped production. We need to draw it out of him. The best way to do that is to really give him much more confidence in himself. I kind of think things were a bit stand-offish with him.

Lee is not a deep threat.  They have tried him as one and he can not beat the corner and he isnt tall or big enough to go up and get the ball.
(03-06-2018, 12:12 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]

There’s no “u” in Marqise

And there is zero Antonio Brown in Lee.
Lee drops the ball too much (I know a lot of them were bad passes but he still had hands on them) and he costed us some bad penalties, like that unsportsmanlike conduct playing the chargers. The only thing I see he can do is run cross routes pretty good

Oh man. This post is just downright dumb.

Lee has been in the league for 4 years now. He doesn't have untapped potential. He can't catch and is not a good deep threat. Antonio Brown routes?! There is only one player who can do that.... that's AB.
(03-06-2018, 12:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Lee is not a deep threat.  They have tried him as one and he can not beat the corner and he isnt tall or big enough to go up and get the ball.

Lee can be a deep threat. You don't go up and get the ball with the deep passing game. You trick the defender to create some separation, run under the ball, and score. Double moves, head jerks, stutter steps, etc. are part of the bag of tricks you play on the defender. 

We need an upgrade at quarterback so bad.

(My bad at spelling Marqise wrong)

(03-06-2018, 08:37 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:12 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]There’s no “u” in Marqise

And there is zero Antonio Brown in Lee.

You haven't seen it. All I have is his Combine 40 number. 4.43 is typically good enough for the deep passing game. The reason is you know where you are going, the defender doesn't.

Lee's talent is not what's holding the deep passing game back.
(03-06-2018, 09:42 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Lee is not a deep threat.  They have tried him as one and he can not beat the corner and he isnt tall or big enough to go up and get the ball.

Lee can be a deep threat. You don't go up and get the ball with the deep passing game. You trick the defender to create some separation, run under the ball, and score. Double moves, head jerks, stutter steps, etc. are part of the bag of tricks you play on the defender. 

We need an upgrade at quarterback so bad.

(My bad at spelling Marqise wrong)
If he could be a deep threat, he would have been one by now. Cole and Westbrook are both better deep ball receivers than Lee.

Lee is not good.
I think the Jags will offer a fair contract of around $12m. Arob will test the market and find someone willing to overspend but by how much is the question. If the amounts are close, the contract structure and Florida tax structure could make the Jags more competitive in retaining Arob than most would believe. Although, with the free agency WR market and draft somewhat weak, it is the perfect storm to make it rain for Arob. You can bet his agent is all over that.
Pages: 1 2