Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Starting O-Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So who is starting on the O-Line this year?  In particular, who's playing LG?

I think it depends on Albert. If he comes to camp, he'd most likely beat out Robinson initially for LT causing Robinson to move to LG
Quote:I think it depends on Albert. If he comes to camp, he'd most likely beat out Robinson initially for LT causing Robinson to move to LG

Neither Caldwell nor Marrone indicated as much.  Caldwell was clear he will play LT.
Albert might not even play a game as a jag lol.
Does anyone know if Parnell can play guard?
Albert-Cann-Linder-Robinson-Parnell

if Albert beats out Robinson.

If not,

Robinson-Omameh-Linder-Cann-Parnell
Quote:Does anyone know if Parnell can play guard?
I know what you're thinking. Albert, Cann, Linder, Parnell, Robinson. I see Robinson, Omaha, Linder, Cann, Parnell
Quote:Neither Caldwell nor Marrone indicated as much.  Caldwell was clear he will play LT.

no he was clear he would first compete for the LT job, but that he has the skillset to play inside
Quote:no he was clear he would first compete for the LT job, but that he has the skillset to play inside

Rewatch the video, he didn't even seem to offer that they would entertain him playing Guard.  It was a clear middle finger to Albert.
Quote:Rewatch the video, he didn't even seem to offer that they would entertain him playing Guard.  It was a clear middle finger to Albert.

the exact words were he will compete with albert at LT, the best player will play, and then eventually said yes, he has the tools to play guard inside if that's what you are asking to a reporter

I think he wanted a message sent to albert.. i think they eventually want robinson as the LT of the future, but if albert shows up and plays well, they aren't going to sit cam robinson on the bench and start omemeh over him lol.. he will start 1 way or the other
Quote:Rewatch the video, he didn't even seem to offer that they would entertain him playing Guard.  It was a clear middle finger to Albert.
He introduced him as our new left tackle. He could not have [BLEEP] slapped Albert any harder. I loved it.
this is also presuming the Jags don't draft a OG in round 4+ ....