Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Example of Why We are So Polarized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I go to Foxnews.com, and there's not a single word about this.   So people who get their news from Fox News never hear or read this.  

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...ry-clinton

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., disagrees with his fellow Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee in their conclusion that there is no evidence that Russians attempted to undermine Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and assist President Trump in the 2016 election.
But Gowdy, who is not running for re-election in November, said that it was “clear, based on the evidence, Russia had disdain for Secretary Clinton and was motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her presidency had she prevailed.”

Gowdy’s assessment aligns with that of a January 2017 U.S. intelligence assessment which determined with "high confidence" Russian President Vladimir Putin approved an "influence campaign" during the 2016 election that would assist Trump and hurt Clinton.
No one denies this, but the Democrats keep beating the collusion drum. Where is the collusion between Trump and Russia? Btw, it’s mainly the childish reaction of the dems to the election and the never ending whining by the TDS group which drives most of the polarization in this country.
(03-14-2018, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]No one denies this, but the Democrats keep beating the collusion drum. Where is the collusion between Trump and Russia? Btw, it’s mainly the childish reaction of the dems to the election and the never ending whining by the TDS group which drives most of the polarization in this country.

What is "TDS"?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. It induces a NYT editor to admit she carries an Obama doll in her purse, protests after the election with no particular purpose other than to throw a tantrum, and groups of people to organize across the country to stand and scream at the sky.
(03-14-2018, 06:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]No one denies this, but the Democrats keep beating the collusion drum. Where is the collusion between Trump and Russia? Btw, it’s mainly the childish reaction of the dems to the election and the never ending whining by the TDS group which drives most of the polarization in this country.

What is "TDS"?

TDS is a real thing. It is frequently on display in these here forums.

Honestly, it insults my intelligence that people actually believe it took a Russian to tell me how rotten of a human being Hillary Clinton, and I couldn't figure that out for myself.

Just look at Hillary now. She is on tour in India saying white married women can't vote for themselves and are pressured by their husbands who to vote for!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE that she stays in the spotlight because that throws a rift in the 2020 election no matter how you look at it for the dems.
(03-14-2018, 08:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 06:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]What is "TDS"?

TDS is a real thing. It is frequently on display in these here forums.

Honestly, it insults my intelligence that people actually believe it took a Russian to tell me how rotten of a human being Hillary Clinton, and I couldn't figure that out for myself.

Just look at Hillary now. She is on tour in India saying white married women can't vote for themselves and are pressured by their husbands who to vote for!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE that she stays in the spotlight because that throws a rift in the 2020 election no matter how you look at it for the dems.

I agree with a lot of what you say about Hillary Clinton, but my point wasn't really that.   My point was, here is something pretty noteworthy, but that Fox News has chosen to screen it out, not cover it, because it doesn't fit their agenda.   I would wager that if Trey Gowdy had said the opposite, they would have reported it.  

All Fox News does these days is support Trump, and attack liberals, and ignore stuff that doesn't fit their agenda, and that's an example of how people who watch Fox News get pushed further and further to the right.
(03-14-2018, 09:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 08:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]TDS is a real thing. It is frequently on display in these here forums.

I agree with a lot of what you say about Hillary Clinton, but my point wasn't really that.   My point was, here is something pretty noteworthy, but that Fox News has chosen to screen it out, not cover it, because it doesn't fit their agenda.   I would wager that if Trey Gowdy had said the opposite, they would have reported it.  

All Fox News does these days is support Trump, and attack liberals, and ignore stuff that doesn't fit their agenda, and that's an example of how people who watch Fox News get pushed further and further to the right.

All of the major news networks lean one way or the other.  Fox is one of the few that leans to the right; if you take 10 minutes to watch any of them, it's pretty obvious which way each network leans.

I agree that is a major reason why we are so polarized, but it is because of the collective news networks, not just Fox (although they're just as guilty as the rest).
(03-14-2018, 08:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]TDS is a real thing. It is frequently on display in these here forums.

I read this as you’re wondering why Fox News isn’t making the same breathless announcement of old news in an obvious attempt at bias like the MSM channels.
(03-14-2018, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 09:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with a lot of what you say about Hillary Clinton, but my point wasn't really that.   My point was, here is something pretty noteworthy, but that Fox News has chosen to screen it out, not cover it, because it doesn't fit their agenda.   I would wager that if Trey Gowdy had said the opposite, they would have reported it.  

I read this as you’re wondering why Fox News isn’t making the same breathless announcement of old news in an obvious attempt at bias like the MSM channels.

No, I'm just pointing out that Trey Gowdy, who was a conservative hero when he was going after Hillary Clinton on Bengazi, said something yesterday that disagreed with the party line, and therefore Fox News ignored it.  

And I'm also stating my firm opinion that if he had said the opposite, Fox News would have covered it. 

And I'm also stating my opinion that one of the biggest reasons we are so polarized is that most of us pick news sources that don't disturb our pre-existing opinions on the issues.   Did the Russians intervene in our election in an attempt to defeat Hillary Clinton and get Trump elected?   I know one thing for sure- if they did, you'll never hear it from Fox News.

Of course FN supports Trump, but the main issue is all of the other networks refuse to acknowledge any of his accomplishments as POTUS, and yes, there have been accomplishments. 

People no longer report the news, and that is a problem.
You don't see it on Fox as "breaking news" because it is, well, old news. What the left seems to selectively forget is that the numerous investigations were/are for "collusion". There is no such legal definition and so far there has been no such illegal activities that would fit any definition. I don't believe there is any doubt that Russia and other countries made a social media push for and against Clinton during the election season.

As for Fox News, if you are really wanting to browse for information out of curiosity sake and not trying to simply find something to complain about, there is a whole section devoted to the Russian investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/category/news-eve...ation.html

https://gowdy.house.gov/media-center/pre...estigation
(03-14-2018, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I read this as you’re wondering why Fox News isn’t making the same breathless announcement of old news in an obvious attempt at bias like the MSM channels.

No, I'm just pointing out that Trey Gowdy, who was a conservative hero when he was going after Hillary Clinton on Bengazi, said something yesterday that disagreed with the party line, and therefore Fox News ignored it.  

And I'm also stating my firm opinion that if he had said the opposite, Fox News would have covered it. 

And I'm also stating my opinion that one of the biggest reasons we are so polarized is that most of us pick news sources that don't disturb our pre-existing opinions on the issues.   Did the Russians intervene in our election in an attempt to defeat Hillary Clinton and get Trump elected?   I know one thing for sure- if they did, you'll never hear it from Fox News.

Trey Gowdy has stated this before, as has many other conservatives. It’s not a ground breaking revelation. The unfortunate part for the MSM is it lends absolutely no credibility to the collusion accusations. You got worked up over nothing. I’m sure Rachel would be glad to run for a half hour with it, though. You know, like the big Trump tax form scandal.
(03-14-2018, 10:28 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]You don't see it on Fox as "breaking news" because it is, well, old news. What the left seems to selectively forget is that the numerous investigations were/are for "collusion". There is no such legal definition and so far there has been no such illegal activities that would fit any definition. I don't believe there is any doubt that Russia and other countries made a social media push for and against Clinton during the election season.

As for Fox News, if you are really wanting to browse for information out of curiosity sake and not trying to simply find something to complain about, there is a whole section devoted to the Russian investigation.

"It is also clear, based on the evidence, Russia had disdain for Secretary Clinton and was motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed."

Did you read that statement?  It's in one of the links you provided.  Not Fox News, of course.  And it's not "old news."  The date on that statement is March 13, 2018.  Yesterday.  Not "old news." 

Fox News does not want to show any evidence that Trump might have won because of Russian interference.   It doesn't fit their agenda, which is, to defend Trump and attack liberals.
Somebody saying "collusion" while presenting no evidence happens 100 times a day. What was Gowdy's evidence? Maybe presenting evidence of collusion would be an actual story worth covering.
(03-14-2018, 10:37 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Somebody saying "collusion" while presenting no evidence happens 100 times a day.  What was Gowdy's evidence?  Maybe presenting evidence of collusion would be an actual story worth covering.

Gowdy did not say "collusion."   Gowdy said, "It is also clear, based on the evidence, Russia had disdain for Secretary Clinton and was motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed."  He's not talking about collusion.  He's talking about Russian efforts to influence the election in favor of Trump.

(03-14-2018, 10:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]No, I'm just pointing out that Trey Gowdy, who was a conservative hero when he was going after Hillary Clinton on Bengazi, said something yesterday that disagreed with the party line, and therefore Fox News ignored it.  

Trey Gowdy has stated this before, as has many other conservatives. It’s not a ground breaking revelation. The unfortunate part for the MSM is it lends absolutely no credibility to the collusion accusations. You got worked up over nothing. I’m sure Rachel would be glad to run for a half hour with it, though. You know, like the big Trump tax form scandal.

I'm not talking about collusion.   I'm talking about how Trump supporters do not want to admit that they might have won the election because Putin helped them win.   With or without their knowledge and collusion.   And Fox News, which has decided to be an arm of the Trump White House, has decided they'd rather not cover the possibility that Putin fostered a covert operation to help Trump win the White House.
Did u pay attention to the indictment of the 13 Russians?
So we're talking about "disdain"? If not liking Hillary Clinton is a crime then most of the world is guilty.

Marty, how would you quantify the media coverage, internationally and nationally, which was positive for Hillary? There was quite a lot of cheerleading for her personally and also because of her gender. Aren't those instances, largely mainstream and widely broadcast, each an attempt to influence the election for Hillary?
(03-14-2018, 10:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2018, 10:28 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]You don't see it on Fox as "breaking news" because it is, well, old news. What the left seems to selectively forget is that the numerous investigations were/are for "collusion". There is no such legal definition and so far there has been no such illegal activities that would fit any definition. I don't believe there is any doubt that Russia and other countries made a social media push for and against Clinton during the election season.

"It is also clear, based on the evidence, Russia had disdain for Secretary Clinton and was motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed."

Did you read that statement?  It's in one of the links you provided.  Not Fox News, of course.  And it's not "old news."  The date on that statement is March 13, 2018.  Yesterday.  Not "old news." 

Fox News does not want to show any evidence that Trump might have won because of Russian interference.   It doesn't fit their agenda, which is, to defend Trump and attack liberals.
Yes, did you read mine?
" I don't believe there is any doubt that Russia and other countries made a social media push for and against Clinton during the election season."

It's old news regardless of the statement date. It has been said over and over again since this so called investigation started. This same so called evidence can be viewed as helping Clinton beat Sanders, but that doesn't meet the agenda, right? Look, I know there are some pretty stupid people in America but if you think some tweets, snapchats, Facebook or whatever persuaded an election, that's pretty weak minded and idioctic in itself. Doesn't the left want to break down the electoral college because Clinton won the popular vote? Hmm. Russia interferes to get Trump in office but yet Clinton wins popular vote. Seems legit. Of course, you could run with the new narrative that angry white guys wouldn't let there wives vote for Clinton.

FYI, Fox has been critical of Trump but they won't join the useless trashing brigade. Speaking of media bias. Any reason CNN hasn't addressed the jobs tracker to reflect the actual growth? Doesn't meet the agenda huh.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/news/ec...s-tracker/
Pull up any article from CNN or HuffPo and you'll see why the country is polarized. They outright lie to the American people and hope they're dumb enough not to research what they tell us.
So now interference has become the new collusion.

Dammit! Hillary was supposed to win! (lays on ground and starts flailing) Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! Interfusion! Colluference!
Pages: 1 2 3