Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The best thing about being a Jacksonville Jaguar fan right now is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We no longer have to worry about relocation rumors because Shad Khan has done through his actions and words made this franchise our team. I'm truly proud to live in Jacksonville and it's nice knowing that our team will be here in this city for a long time. It just seems to me that the Jacksonville Jaguars relocation rumors to this city or country of the month is a thing in the past now.
The best thing???

Realizing that we went so far in the playoffs that time has shifted.

I just looked up and realized that the combine was a couple of weeks ago, and we have about a month to the draft.

That is the best thing.
(03-22-2018, 06:43 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: [ -> ]The best thing???

I just looked up and realized that the combine was a couple of weeks ago, and we have about a month to the draft.

That is the best thing.

I understand your point but I'm going to have to disagree with you my man because I don't care if this team was 3-13 again as long as they are the Jacksonville Jaguars instead of name this team here Jaguars. Just remember in 2012 the future of this team was very bleak what relocation room was all over the place but because of the success of the team and Shad Khan himself we no longer have to worry about those things. It's great to have a good discussion with you
Very true.

Getting new ownership is risky. My favourite soccer club "West Ham" have had their soul ripped out of them by new owners. They moved them out of their famous home stadium to a new souless bowl. Currently fighting to stay in the league.

We are EXTREMELY lucky to hit the owner jackpot with Shad. H
(03-22-2018, 07:05 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Very true.

Getting new ownership is risky. My favourite soccer club "West Ham" have had their soul ripped out of them by new owners. They moved them out of their famous home stadium to a new souless bowl. Currently fighting to stay in the league.

I feel you on that one. Milan AC supporter here and we are going through years of struggles because of the former owner "losing it" and the new chinese group struggling. We may change owner soon again.
I always liked West Ham in england because of Steve Harris (big Iron Maiden fan here). I hope you stay up.

So yes, having a stable and capable owner is definitely huge, love Mr. Khan.

I also have to agree about the relocation point from the OP. I'm not from Jacksonville, I'm not even from the US but I wouldn't want the franchise to move. Even from this far and never having been there to me the Jaguars will always be the Jacksonville Jaguars and having those rumours put to rest is a nice bonus. (might help that I come from the european football thing where Milan Ac is the club from Milan and you can't even dream of moving the brand away).

That is the best thing.

That's interesting. I was thinking the same thing, i.e. how fast time was going, NFL-wise, and realized how the Jags have shortened things up with their playoff run.
(03-22-2018, 06:38 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]We no longer have to worry about relocation rumors because Shad Khan has done through his actions and words made this franchise our team. I'm truly proud to live in Jacksonville and it's nice knowing that our team will be here in this city for a long time. It just seems to me that the Jacksonville Jaguars relocation rumors to this city or country of the month is a thing in the past now.

Best time to relocate is when you have a really good team as you can capture the UK market with winning and playoff runs year after year.

Right now, they are building the UK base.  In a few years, we're all going to be wearing Fulham Soccer jerseys when the Jags move to London and Fulham FC relocates to Jacksonville.  We ultimately rotate the football/soccer teams between Jacksonville & London respectively every 2 years to keep things fresh !!
The best thing about being a jag fan is having an owner that committed to keeping the team in Jacksonville. The returning of Tom C, the hiring Marone, and the winning is everything mentality. This year we will be facing the big dogs of the NFL and nobody is checking their schedule week against the Jaguars with a win! The teams will give the Jaguars respect but will the NFL show the same with National televised games.
How many sellouts will we have this year?

To me the best feeling is having a team that is fun to pay attention to in the offseason. As a Jags/Gator fan... I haven't had much to get excited about since Tebow left.

Free Agency was fun again. The draft will be fun again. Expecting to win is fun again.
(03-22-2018, 09:44 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2018, 06:38 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]We no longer have to worry about relocation rumors because Shad Khan has done through his actions and words made this franchise our team. I'm truly proud to live in Jacksonville and it's nice knowing that our team will be here in this city for a long time. It just seems to me that the Jacksonville Jaguars relocation rumors to this city or country of the month is a thing in the past now.

Best time to relocate is when you have a really good team as you can capture the UK market with winning and playoff runs year after year.

Right now, they are building the UK base.  In a few years, we're all going to be wearing Fulham Soccer jerseys when the Jags move to London and Fulham FC relocates to Jacksonville.  We ultimately rotate the football/soccer teams between Jacksonville & London respectively every 2 years to keep things fresh !!

Lol
(03-22-2018, 08:48 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]

That is the best thing.

That's interesting. I was thinking the same thing, i.e. how fast time was going, NFL-wise, and realized how the Jags have shortened things up with their playoff run.

Indeed. By now I'm usually burned out with draft talk... since it starts up around late November early December.
I'm ready for some serious mocking now lol

Fulham would be happy to adopt you. Shad's huge upgrade to the Cottage just got approved yesterday and obviously the team is on a historic tear.
(03-22-2018, 11:24 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

Fulham would be happy to adopt you. Shad's huge upgrade to the Cottage just got approved yesterday and obviously the team is on a historic tear.
I'd rather die.

(03-22-2018, 07:17 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]

I feel you on that one. Milan AC supporter here and we are going through years of struggles because of the former owner "losing it" and the new chinese group struggling. We may change owner soon again.
I always liked West Ham in england because of Steve Harris (big Iron Maiden fan here). I hope you stay up.

So yes, having a stable and capable owner is definitely huge, love Mr. Khan.

I also have to agree about the relocation point from the OP. I'm not from Jacksonville, I'm not even from the US but I wouldn't want the franchise to move. Even from this far and never having been there to me the Jaguars will always be the Jacksonville Jaguars and having those rumours put to rest is a nice bonus. (might help that I come from the european football thing where Milan Ac is the club from Milan and you can't even dream of moving the brand away).

Yeah at least under Berlusconi everything was stable for the most part and he had a deep love of the club/history/tradition. When new owners come in they often don't understand that. With us our owners are actually west ham fans, which makes it worse.  

Likewise , I'm Irish. If the jaguars moved I wouldn't be able to support them, because they wouldn't really be "the Jagaurs" at all.
Feeling like we're back in our hay-day when our team was actually respected (for the most part lol). As proud as we are of our team, no longer getting snarked at for being a fan of the Jags feels good again. The ten years of being one of the laughing stocks of the league brought a lot of negativity within the fan base and it feels like most of that is falling away; which feels good. We can look forward to being truly competitive (at least for the time being and hopefully year after year going forward) and can legitimately say we belong in the Super Bowl. Who really thought that this was possible a year ago? It's amazing and life balancing to once again have our Jags back competing for the top. I love it!
1. Having a dominant defense

2. Having an owner with vision and a willingness to spend to insure the team's sustainability in Jax.
Did anyone see the new artwork inside the building? Its a picture of the Lombardi Trophy. There is no doubt our mindset going into this season is to finish what we started last year.

The best thing about being a fan right now? After witnessing a decade of futility, we are on the cusp of watching a potentially magical season...
(03-22-2018, 12:15 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone see the new artwork inside the building? Its a picture of the Lombardi Trophy. There is no doubt our mindset going into this season is finish what we started last year.

The best thing about being a fan right now? After witnessing a decade of futility, we are on the cusp of watching a potentially magical season...

I agree totally.
To me? Being a contender. It's all futility unless your team matters.
Being from Canada, and a fan since day one, it's great to be relevant again. I have littered my station with Jags stickers on every co-workers/NFL fans lockers and desks. Being the only jags fan around, they all know who did it, and [BLEEP]. Very proud of this team, ownership, and fan base. Gotta admit it's also nice to have to worry who will be drafted with the 28 picks before us, and not 3-5 picks before us....
I agree. This has been a long time coming and i'm happy that we are finally experiencing success. It is nice to be able to all bicker at each other about team topics without the elephant in the room about relocation. Khan had me worried in the very beginning because all i knew was he was a guy who attempted to buy the Rams and had zero ties to Jacksonville at the time. But he has been every thing we could have asked for and some in a owner.

side note: i hate it for teams who have had to switch locations in recent years like chargers, rams and raiders. But i am sort of excited about the raiders. When our time comes to face them at their home in Vegas, i will book a ticket for sure. I wonder if their games will be composed of mostly away fans.
Pages: 1 2 3