Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coughlin Speaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Coughlin has a lot more input than I initially thought
I suggest watching the video. The article leaves out some good stuff.

For instance, TC was asked about the draft, specifically whether draft position impacts the players you bring in for a pre draft visit.

I paraphrase, but TC said you kinda have to figure out which guys you think might be available when you pick.
Asked if he liked the two tone helmets... Coughlin just stared back in silence.
Mentioned that "some players may be in the hall of fame" when asked about uniforms. Said "the connection will be there." Seems like the new unis will harken back to the originals to some degree.
" I didn’t like the press box. The window in front of me got messed up a couple of times." lol great to have you back Tom.

He was very well spoken and honest. Lots of good questions came up too. He basically said what everyone already knew for the most part but it was fun to see him crack a few smiles.
(03-27-2018, 02:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Mentioned that "some players may be in the hall of fame" when asked about uniforms.  Said "the connection will be there."  Seems like the new unis will harken back to the originals to some degree.

I heard that as well. I liked the one reported who said something about him not being a fan of the two tone helmets and he just looked the other way and smiled .
Can we bottle his mojo? The man is in his 70s and has more testosterone driven assertiveness than men half his age. I certainly hope he doesn’t leave too big of a gap when he retires.
(03-27-2018, 02:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Can we bottle his mojo? The man is in his 70s and has more testosterone driven assertiveness than men half his age. I certainly hope he doesn’t leave too big of a gap when he retires.

Don't speak of such events.

Even long after Sir Tom Coughlin Duke of Jacksonville is gone, his mojo and presence will have stained the halls of the bank punishing players who are not 5 minutes early while making brutally honest and brief end of year interviews to players as they sit at their locker.
(03-27-2018, 03:39 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/samsportsline/status...2479166464

TC doesn't know anything. We are full of castoffs...............................
Coughlin: 'We rolled our sleeves up'

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...6c9db764af

Jaguars EVP of Football Operations Tom Coughlin spoke to the media Tuesday at the 2018 NFL Annual League Meeting and discussed his first year working with HC Doug Marrone and GM David Caldwell