Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin Speaks

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180...h-for-2018

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...0c15e8b512

Looks like Coughlin has a lot more input than I initially thought

I suggest watching the video. The article leaves out some good stuff.

For instance, TC was asked about the draft, specifically whether draft position impacts the players you bring in for a pre draft visit.

I paraphrase, but TC said you kinda have to figure out which guys you think might be available when you pick.

Asked if he liked the two tone helmets... Coughlin just stared back in silence.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Mentioned that "some players may be in the hall of fame" when asked about uniforms. Said "the connection will be there." Seems like the new unis will harken back to the originals to some degree.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 02:20 PM by JagsorDie.)

" I didn’t like the press box. The window in front of me got messed up a couple of times." lol great to have you back Tom.

He was very well spoken and honest. Lots of good questions came up too. He basically said what everyone already knew for the most part but it was fun to see him crack a few smiles.

(03-27-2018, 02:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mentioned that "some players may be in the hall of fame" when asked about uniforms.  Said "the connection will be there."  Seems like the new unis will harken back to the originals to some degree.

I heard that as well. I liked the one reported who said something about him not being a fan of the two tone helmets and he just looked the other way and smiled .

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 02:42 PM by homebiscuit.)

Can we bottle his mojo? The man is in his 70s and has more testosterone driven assertiveness than men half his age. I certainly hope he doesn’t leave too big of a gap when he retires.

(03-27-2018, 02:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can we bottle his mojo? The man is in his 70s and has more testosterone driven assertiveness than men half his age. I certainly hope he doesn’t leave too big of a gap when he retires.

Don't speak of such events.

Even long after Sir Tom Coughlin Duke of Jacksonville is gone, his mojo and presence will have stained the halls of the bank punishing players who are not 5 minutes early while making brutally honest and brief end of year interviews to players as they sit at their locker.

https://twitter.com/samsportsline/status...2479166464
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-27-2018, 03:39 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/samsportsline/status...2479166464

TC doesn't know anything. We are full of castoffs...............................

Coughlin: 'We rolled our sleeves up'

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...6c9db764af

Jaguars EVP of Football Operations Tom Coughlin spoke to the media Tuesday at the 2018 NFL Annual League Meeting and discussed his first year working with HC Doug Marrone and GM David Caldwell