Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags worked out RG3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Surprised this went unnoticed. Interesting to note this happened after the trade for Kessler. The Jags are still in the market for a QB....a mobile QB. Lamar Jackson perhaps?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...on-monday/
Interesting.

Caldwell has a history of lots of "due diligence" type of visits/work-outs. Doesn't shock me but it makes me feel a little hopeful about their open-mindedness in acquiring talent.
(04-06-2018, 01:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised this went unnoticed. Interesting to note this happened after the trade for Kessler. The Jags are still in the market for a QB....a mobile QB. Lamar Jackson perhaps?

You are really wishful thinking are you? They are not taking a QB in the first round so I hope you can come to grips with it.
(04-06-2018, 05:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2018, 01:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised this went unnoticed. Interesting to note this happened after the trade for Kessler. The Jags are still in the market for a QB....a mobile QB. Lamar Jackson perhaps?

You are really wishful thinking are you? They are not taking a QB in the first round so I hope you can come to grips with it.
Mentioning a new QB is like a bat signal for you. Deep breaths.

You have absolutely no idea if they will or won't take a QB first round. Acting as if you do just to throw snide little remarks at another poster makes you look like a bag of d's.

I just saw Dave up at Publix. He said he was 91% sure he was going to take a QB in the first round. Take it to tha Bank!

It was said tongue in cheek but it looks like it went over your head like a jet plane.

Does anyone have any idea who the Jags are going to draft? CALM DOWN!!! Don't get your Bortles all in a bunch.
(04-06-2018, 05:46 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2018, 05:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]You are really wishful thinking are you? They are not taking a QB in the first round so I hope you can come to grips with it.

I just saw Dave up at Publix. He said he was 91% sure he was going to take a QB in the first round. Take it to tha Bank!
My friends wife's cousin knows a guy who has a friend who knows Tom said that Tom is loving a QB in the first round.

Just like clockwork..........
So y'all mad because I don't want to agree with y'all Obsession of getting another QB here? You all can make all the snide and immature comments that you want but I bet I will be right on this situation and I met Dave Caldwell at Publix too. He also told me that he was 91% sure that he won't draft a QB in the first round to make some of y'all Blake Bortles haters mad. LOL
The jags will draft a qb, but just when is the question first round wouldnt shock me if someone fell to our pick. Pats could use the 23rd on one though you never know.
(04-06-2018, 07:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]So y'all mad because I don't want to agree with y'all Obsession of getting another QB here? You all can make all the snide and immature comments that you want but I bet I will be right on this situation and I met Dave Caldwell at Publix too. He also told me that he was 91% sure that he won't draft a QB in the first round to make some of y'all Blake Bortles haters mad. LOL

I don't think we'll draft a QB in the first either. You just sound like a baby is all.
Pats drafted Jimmy G and he barely played before they got a bank load for him. Lamar Jackson in the 1st would be that kind of player for the Jags after he gets mop up duty sitting behind BB5 for 2 seasons.
(04-06-2018, 08:17 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]The jags will draft a qb, but just when is the question first round wouldnt shock me if someone fell to our pick. Pats could  use the 23rd on one though you never know.

If Dave and Tom are convinced Bortles has what it takes to become "THE GUY", there's no need to draft a QB at all.  If they're not.................
(04-06-2018, 09:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Pats drafted Jimmy G and he barely played before they got a bank load for him. Lamar Jackson in the 1st would be that kind of player for the Jags after he gets mop up duty sitting behind BB5 for 2 seasons.

Meh. Patriots drafted Jimmy G in the second round and traded him for a second round pick (albeit a higher one). That was not in the same league as the Jags draft/trade with Rob Johnson.
(04-06-2018, 10:18 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2018, 09:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Pats drafted Jimmy G and he barely played before they got a bank load for him. Lamar Jackson in the 1st would be that kind of player for the Jags after he gets mop up duty sitting behind BB5 for 2 seasons.

Meh. Patriots drafted Jimmy G in the second round and traded him for a second round pick (albeit a higher one). That was not in the same league as the Jags draft/trade with Rob Johnson.

Trading Lamar at 29 for say, between 5 and 8. Would be a good deal.
(04-06-2018, 10:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2018, 10:18 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. Patriots drafted Jimmy G in the second round and traded him for a second round pick (albeit a higher one). That was not in the same league as the Jags draft/trade with Rob Johnson.

Trading Lamar at 29 for say, between 5 and 8. Would be a good deal.

If the team drafts Lamar at 29 it's not because they're hoping in 3 years they can trade him.

The team would rather have an impact player now, they're trying to win now, that doesn't seem like a move consistent with their strategy.

If they drafted Lamar, it would be because they thought he could become an upgrade to bortles....but they would have to be pretty high on Jackson to do that when there is going to be a lot of talent there.
I don’t think we grab a QB in the first #1 because we have stronger NEEDs at the moment. #2 there just isn’t enough first round talent QBs to go round. Some would argue that this lot are all 2nd round or lower talent. The strong free agent push for the mediocre QBs in the league supports this thought. At the very least we need OL, WR, and TE before a practice aquad QB.
This team cannot afford to roll the dice on a rookie QB in this year's draft. Especially in the first round. I don't understand why people are so ready to bounce Bortles and move onto a rookie signal caller. It's just dumb. It's not even a lateral move. It's a downgrade at this point.

And as it's already been pointed out. We have other pressing needs right now. Bortles actually had pretty solid games in the play-offs earlier this year. He didn't cost us any of them. He protected the ball. And he made huge plays when the defense kept giving up huge plays. But as of right now we could still stand to add another solid guard into the line up. We could still stand to add a solid right tackle or tackle in general in case something happens to Robinson or Parnell again this year. We could use some help at LB with Paul now retired.

Then you have to consider depth and age and expiring contracts going into 2019. We may need to start restocking at DE and DT in the event they decide they don't want to keep guys like Fowler or Dareus. Yeldon and Grant were good in certain situations last year but given Fournette's injury history and nagging ankle I still think they could opt to go RB as early as RD2 if the value is there. It's just good insurance at that point. But this team seems to be all in with Bortles. So I fully expect them to continue to bolster the offense around him instead of looking to replace him.
(04-08-2018, 04:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This team cannot afford to roll the dice on a rookie QB in this year's draft. Especially in the first round. I don't understand why people are so ready to bounce Bortles and move onto a rookie signal caller. It's just dumb. It's not even a lateral move. It's a downgrade at this point.

This team is forward thinking. If they take a first round QB it isn't because they plan on shifting Bortles this year. It's to develop behind him and either take over down the line or trade. It would have to be a QB that they consider a reasonable approximation of BAP, and Jackson could conceivably fit that bill.
Pages: 1 2