Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake starting off sharp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/99903...81504?s=19

I know it's just OTAs. But he looks in great shape (svelte as some may say) ball looks good and accuracy looks good as well. Looks to be hitting guys in stride.

Again, first day of OTAs, but that, and Marrone/Milanovich's comments are encouraging.

Let's hope he keeps it up!
This would have been the Gus locker room today

[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-22-2018, 06:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]This would have been the Gus locker room today

[Image: giphy.gif]

Laughed way to hard at this!
Will never forget the day the Jaguars were 0-6 and beat the horrible browns and gus goes on about "we believe in victory." He felt like a cartoon character.
(05-22-2018, 07:42 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Will never forget the day the Jaguars were 0-6 and beat the horrible browns and gus goes on about "we believe in victory."  He felt like a cartoon character.
Those were the good ole days. LOL
I hope blake never gets hit in the chin or his tongue will be gone.
(05-22-2018, 08:05 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]I hope blake never gets hit in the chin or his tongue will be gone.

I've never heard that before
After the sophomore slump, I never had any doubt about Blake's work ethic and dedication.
The thread right below this one mentions Ramsey and Bouye missing OTAs.

I find that interesting regarding Blake and his newfound receivers.
(05-22-2018, 09:53 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]The thread right below this one mentions Ramsey and Bouye missing OTAs.

I find that interesting regarding Blake and his newfound receivers.

Ramsey and Bouye would be swatting everything down lol. It gives Blake a chance to work with the new wideouts
I'm sure the absence of the starting CBs helps to shine things up a bit but the true story is in his reads and anticipation. His mechanics will never be perfect so he needs to rely on book smarts. I believe a lot of the accuracy and interception issues were the result of slow route progression and not being 100% on the playbook. I hear they let Bortles call some of his own plays as well. Here's to hoping he hits the next level.
(05-22-2018, 09:16 PM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2018, 08:05 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]I hope blake never gets hit in the chin or his tongue will be gone.

I've never heard that before

I had a friend who almost bit the tip of his tongue off playing football. It definitely can happen. I mean he went all the way through the tongue but luckily not completely right to left. They sewed it back together, but still. I wouldn't ever want that to happen to me.

I've been saying this since he was drafted.
Blakes looking in shape, looks to have lost some pounds which can only be good for when he scrambles
Good to see him in shape. He is ready to run a lot I guess (which is a good thing btw).
His spiral looks nicer and his ball is accurate, but he's doing that weird wind up thing again. The ball needs to be high, by his ear and released quickly to avoid telegraphing his passes. In each of those clips, he's bringing the ball down and around... almost like a swimming motion.The ball looks nicer in the air than it did last year, but that small telegraph might cause more routes to be jumped. If I recall correctly, he had that cleaned up for camp last year. I don't like it.

For the record, I am not a Bortles hater. I hope we get great QB play from him. I'm just sharing and observation and potential concern. No QB has a consistent delivery, but it's always bothered me when Blake throws like that.
I hope he has a career season for us.
(05-23-2018, 09:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I hope he has a career season for us.

I hope this and we win. His last "career year", we were turrible.
(05-23-2018, 12:19 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2018, 09:16 PM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard that before

I had a friend who almost bit the tip of his tongue off playing football. It definitely can happen. I mean he went all the way through the tongue but luckily not completely right to left. They sewed it back together, but still. I wouldn't ever want that to happen to me.

Interesting, because the actually mandate mouth pieces up through the college level (which is probably a good thing, even though I used to hate it in HS)

NCAA Football mouthpiece rule

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) mandates the use of brightly colored, intraoral mouthguards by football players to reduce the frequency and severity of craniofacial and intraoral morbidity and mortality, and to enhance the ability of officials to observe player compliance.
That's good [BLEEP] man. Good to see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4