Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CNN Falls Below Kids Network Nickelodeon in Cable Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Fake News is Dying

CNN Falls Below Kids Network Nickelodeon in Cable Ratings

CNN came in behind Nickelodeon and Home and Garden Television and just a few slots above the History Channel in the latest cable network ratings.

https://www.westernjournal.com/cnn-falls...2018-05-23
Haha
I hate CNN as much as the next guy...

Though I hate Fox News too...

Anyway... in every single old person's house every TV is always blaring Fox News... so... I'm not sure it really matters.
Count me in. A few weeks ago I flicked on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News only to end up watching Hogans Heroes at 10:30 on METV --- I WAS SIMPLY LOOKING FOR COVERAGE OF THE VOLCANO IN HAWAII BUT NONE OF THE 3 MAJOR NEWS NETWORKS WERE TALKING ABOUT IT !!!
What do you think's in the burger???
(05-23-2018, 10:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Fake News is Dying

CNN came in behind Nickelodeon and Home and Garden Television and just a few slots above the History Channel in the latest cable network ratings.

Fake News is hardly dying. Fox and Friends is doing well.
The only reason CNN is as high as they are is because of forced viewership. Without those airport terminal contracts they’d be as significant as The View!
That's [BLEEP] EPIC. LMAO. GOOD. That's some of the best news I've heard all day.
(05-23-2018, 10:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Fake News is Dying

I mean....to be fair, in that link cnn is ranked 11 and 7 out of 107/108.
(05-23-2018, 01:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason CNN is as high as they are is because of forced viewership. Without those airport terminal contracts they’d be as significant as The View!

That's not how Nielson works.
Reminds of a ship at anchor with an unpaid crew no fuel water or food
(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 01:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason CNN is as high as they are is because of forced viewership. Without those airport terminal contracts they’d be as significant as The View!

Nielson ratings are and always have been a gigantic pile of crap that's been fed to network executives.
(05-23-2018, 03:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]That's not how Nielson works.

Nielson ratings are and always have been a gigantic pile of crap that's been fed to network executives.

ok, doesnt exactly change my point
(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]

Aside from the old paper diary or box you may be thinking about, yes commercial subscribers can and do get measured. In any case, it is and always has been a biased system of measurement.
As noted in the replies to the linked tweet, it could be a matter of viewership split between CNN and MSNBC. I'm no expert on TV ratings, but if you add those two together, the numbers become much more even with FOX.
[Image: muppet-drugs-arrest-cnn.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyQEC0g0JyqaBBzJ_1OtE...k5SQSnad9A]
Can't say I've ever watched CNN. Have occasionally watched Fox for the laugh.

Trumps been smart and trying to make people get the news from his preferred sources. Hes been effective in propaganda. Look at everyone of his followers now parroting him.
(05-23-2018, 06:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]As noted in the replies to the linked tweet, it could be a matter of viewership split between CNN and MSNBC. I'm no expert on TV ratings, but if you add those two together, the numbers become much more even with FOX.

who really watches the tv any way this is were the Analytics come from 

the greater group use the internet

Elephants will demolish the donkey and the Fox ratings will shy rocket
Everyone that wants to talk about their Network and their fake news....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...WVgDLDNp5w
(05-23-2018, 04:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]That's not how Nielson works.

Aside from the old paper diary or box you may be thinking about, yes commercial subscribers can and do get measured. In any case, it is and always has been a biased system of measurement.

I stand corrected, apparently they did start tracking them April 2017