Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CNN Falls Below Kids Network Nickelodeon in Cable Ratings

Looks like Fake News is Dying

CNN came in behind Nickelodeon and Home and Garden Television and just a few slots above the History Channel in the latest cable network ratings.

https://www.westernjournal.com/cnn-falls...2018-05-23
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Haha

I hate CNN as much as the next guy...

Though I hate Fox News too...

Anyway... in every single old person's house every TV is always blaring Fox News... so... I'm not sure it really matters.

Count me in. A few weeks ago I flicked on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News only to end up watching Hogans Heroes at 10:30 on METV --- I WAS SIMPLY LOOKING FOR COVERAGE OF THE VOLCANO IN HAWAII BUT NONE OF THE 3 MAJOR NEWS NETWORKS WERE TALKING ABOUT IT !!!

What do you think's in the burger???
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-23-2018, 10:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Looks like Fake News is Dying

CNN came in behind Nickelodeon and Home and Garden Television and just a few slots above the History Channel in the latest cable network ratings.

Fake News is hardly dying. Fox and Friends is doing well.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

The only reason CNN is as high as they are is because of forced viewership. Without those airport terminal contracts they’d be as significant as The View!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

That's [BLEEP] EPIC. LMAO. GOOD. That's some of the best news I've heard all day.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-23-2018, 10:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Looks like Fake News is Dying

I mean....to be fair, in that link cnn is ranked 11 and 7 out of 107/108.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 03:16 PM by My Desired Display Name.)

(05-23-2018, 01:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The only reason CNN is as high as they are is because of forced viewership. Without those airport terminal contracts they’d be as significant as The View!

That's not how Nielson works.

Reminds of a ship at anchor with an unpaid crew no fuel water or food
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 01:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The only reason CNN is as high as they are is because of forced viewership. Without those airport terminal contracts they’d be as significant as The View!

Nielson ratings are and always have been a gigantic pile of crap that's been fed to network executives.

(05-23-2018, 03:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: That's not how Nielson works.

Nielson ratings are and always have been a gigantic pile of crap that's been fed to network executives.

ok, doesnt exactly change my point

(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:

Aside from the old paper diary or box you may be thinking about, yes commercial subscribers can and do get measured. In any case, it is and always has been a biased system of measurement.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

As noted in the replies to the linked tweet, it could be a matter of viewership split between CNN and MSNBC. I'm no expert on TV ratings, but if you add those two together, the numbers become much more even with FOX.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 08:00 PM by Jagwired.)

[Image: muppet-drugs-arrest-cnn.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyQEC0g0JyqaBBzJ_1OtE...k5SQSnad9A]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Can't say I've ever watched CNN. Have occasionally watched Fox for the laugh.

Trumps been smart and trying to make people get the news from his preferred sources. Hes been effective in propaganda. Look at everyone of his followers now parroting him.

Exclamation 

(05-23-2018, 06:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: As noted in the replies to the linked tweet, it could be a matter of viewership split between CNN and MSNBC. I'm no expert on TV ratings, but if you add those two together, the numbers become much more even with FOX.

who really watches the tv any way this is were the Analytics come from 

the greater group use the internet

Elephants will demolish the donkey and the Fox ratings will shy rocket
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

Everyone that wants to talk about their Network and their fake news....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...WVgDLDNp5w
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(05-23-2018, 04:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 03:16 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: That's not how Nielson works.

Aside from the old paper diary or box you may be thinking about, yes commercial subscribers can and do get measured. In any case, it is and always has been a biased system of measurement.

I stand corrected, apparently they did start tracking them April 2017