Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is why we need to build The Wall and Build it NOW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Twice-deported illegal immigrant held in New York toddler's disappearance, mom's death

A twice-deported Mexican citizen was being held by immigration authorities Tuesday as police continue to search a rural New York town for a 14-month-old child feared dead after his mother’s body was found last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/29/twi...death.html
I agree. Call up the Mexican president and have him cut the check already. It's been long enough! We've given him plenty of time to come up with the money. It's time to pay up!
(05-29-2018, 01:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Call up the Mexican president and have him cut the check already. It's been long enough! We've given him plenty of time to come up with the money. It's time to pay up!

Yea, because these are the kinds of Mexicans he wants in his country. He's ecstatic they come here.
Do we know for certain this particular person crossed the border where a wall is proposed?
(05-29-2018, 02:11 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know for certain this particular person crossed the border where a wall is proposed?

The system is soo broke they can't track the location of those who crossed legally and you think they can come up precisely where the illegal crossed? This is the type of semantics not worthy of argument.

“Southern border” shall mean the contiguous land border between the United States and Mexico, including all points of entry.
“Wall” shall mean a contiguous, physical wall or other similarly secure, contiguous, and impassable physical barrier.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-...rovements/
I really don't want my tax dollars tied up in that boondoggle. Drifter, I don't know if you've ever been to the American southwest, but the vast majority of it is covered in terrain harsh enough that building a wall on the border would be impossible. We'd have to build the wall well within American soil and effectively cede large chunks of land to Mexico to do it. That doesn't even go into how freaking easy a wall is to defeat. Smuggles are capable of driving vans directly over the top of "vehicle fencing", and scaling the most common types of border fencing is a piece of cake for anyone in reasonably good shape and motivated to do so.An economic wall is a far more effective measure, no matter what sensationalist headlines you find on Fox News this week.
(05-29-2018, 02:11 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know for certain this particular person crossed the border where a wall is proposed?

Does it matter where he crossed? For every one of these animals we catch, there are 20 more we don’t. Look at MS13; they’re crossing the border with impunity. And yes I agree with President Trump’s assessment of them, they are animals.

We need to put more troops at the border to enhance the ICE agents. Apprehend if possible, eliminate the threat if necessary. Doesn’t matter who they are, if you’re throwing rocks or shooting at our Border personnel, do not be afraid to use lethal force. Once the word gets out we are doing exactly what the Mexican Government is doing at their Southern Border, watch the crossing dwindle to nothing.

Why risk being shot while you are breaking the law.

I have absolutely no problem with legal immigration. Follow our laws and assimilate in to our way of life, fine. Cross illegally and demand we change for you, then go to hell, and our border agents will send you there real fast if you attack them.

End of rant
(05-29-2018, 03:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]

I have absolutely no problem with legal immigration. Follow our laws and assimilate in to our way of life, fine.

Define "assimilate into our way of life".
(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't want my tax dollars tied up in that boondoggle. Drifter, I don't know if you've ever been to the American southwest, but the vast majority of it is covered in terrain harsh enough that building a wall on the border would be impossible. We'd have to build the wall well within American soil and effectively cede large chunks of land to Mexico to do it. That doesn't even go into how freaking easy a wall is to defeat. Smuggles are capable of driving vans directly over the top of "vehicle fencing", and scaling the most common types of border fencing is a piece of cake for anyone in reasonably good shape and motivated to do so.An economic wall is a far more effective measure, no matter what sensationalist headlines you find on Fox News this week.

I agree it is a mess and would be quite the project, but do we just throw the hands in the air and continue to let the problem fester because it's difficult? Many countries to include the U.S. have tackled more difficult engineering challenges than a border wall.
(05-29-2018, 04:28 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2018, 03:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I have absolutely no problem with legal immigration. Follow our laws and assimilate in to our way of life, fine.

Define "assimilate into our way of life".

Speak English, get a job, pay taxes.

I don't think most of the Base realizes there is already a wall that accounts for 99.999% of the traffic flow.
Why don't we just hire the Chinese? They are excellent wall builders. Then, we tell China to send the bill directly to Mexico, since Trump told us they were paying for it.

(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't want my tax dollars tied up in that boondoggle. Drifter, I don't know if you've ever been to the American southwest, but the vast majority of it is covered in terrain harsh enough that building a wall on the border would be impossible. We'd have to build the wall well within American soil and effectively cede large chunks of land to Mexico to do it. That doesn't even go into how freaking easy a wall is to defeat. Smuggles are capable of driving vans directly over the top of "vehicle fencing", and scaling the most common types of border fencing is a piece of cake for anyone in reasonably good shape and motivated to do so.An economic wall is a far more effective measure, no matter what sensationalist headlines you find on Fox News this week.

It wouldn't have to be. Trump promised Mexico would pay for it.
Mexico will indeed "pay" for it when they are stuck with the gangs, criminals and drugs
(05-29-2018, 04:32 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree it is a mess and would be quite the project, but do we just throw the hands in the air and continue to let the problem fester because it's difficult? Many countries to include the U.S. have tackled more difficult engineering challenges than a border wall.

Trying to build a wall across the entire southern border would be roughly as realistic and cost-effective as digging a hole to China. That leaves us with two viable alternatives:

1. Cede large swaths of land to Mexico by building the Berlizona Wall on terrain where it can realistically be built.
2. Build a digital and economic wall that levels significant civil and criminal penalties against those here illegally and the businesses that employ them.

I'm not pro-illegal immigration in any way. I think we need to focus on looser requirements for guest workers, and I think some level of amnesty to create a clean slate (particularly for the dreamers) before putting new regulations in place would make sense. I think the practice of an "anchor baby" should end. The child is a US citizen, yes, but the mother's trip from the hospital should be on a bus headed to Mexico, permanently deported, with the option of leaving the baby in the US for adoption/foster care, or taking the child back to Mexico along with its citizenship info so the child can re-enter the US later on if they choose. I think there should be zero tolerance for those who come into this country illegally. You follow the rules, or you're banned permanently. I will never support police profiling, but enforcing immigration laws is a must. I just don't support any half-witted schemes to build a wall that either surrenders large tracts of land to Mexico, sends billions and billions of dollars to Trump's friends in the construction business or both.
(05-29-2018, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2018, 04:28 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Define "assimilate into our way of life".

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that’s not what he meant. Judging by most of his posts, you can be sure he meant more to it than those 3 things.

What’s “our way of life” anyway? I’m sure mine is different than yours and we were both born in America. What is the American way of life?

Agree with getting jobs and paying taxes. Meh on the language. Most immigrants speak 2 languages any way.
(05-29-2018, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2018, 04:28 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Define "assimilate into our way of life".

The ability to speak English is definitely a necessity.  I would say that the "requirement" should be to speak coherent and fluent English though some of our natural born citizens have trouble with that.

Getting gainfully employed and paying taxes are a must, but then again we have so many natural born citizens that can't even do that.
(05-29-2018, 05:25 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: [ -> ]Mexico will indeed "pay" for it when they are stuck with the gangs, criminals and drugs

That's not what Trump said. He said Mexico would actually shell out the money to have it built. That's what I'm holding him to.
(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ] Drifter, I don't know if you've ever been to the American southwest, but the vast majority of it is covered in terrain harsh enough that building a wall on the border would be impossible. 

You do know this was built before bulldozers and backhoes were invented, don't you?

[Image: great-wall-of-china-photos.jpg]
(05-29-2018, 09:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ] Drifter, I don't know if you've ever been to the American southwest, but the vast majority of it is covered in terrain harsh enough that building a wall on the border would be impossible. 

You do know this was built before bulldozers and backhoes were invented, don't you?

Yes, and it took 200 years.
(05-29-2018, 03:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

The system is soo broke they can't track the location of those who crossed legally and you think they can come up precisely where the illegal crossed? This is the type of semantics not worthy of argument.

“Southern border” shall mean the contiguous land border between the United States and Mexico, including all points of entry.
“Wall” shall mean a contiguous, physical wall or other similarly secure, contiguous, and impassable physical barrier.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-...rovements/

In what other situation do you support a solution when the problem isn't clearly defined?

I know what a wall is, and I know what Trump wants when he says he will build a wall. The semantics are very clear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5