Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson is Trapped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In Jacksonville with a sloppy, backsliding QB

Quote: 

<b>7) Allen Robinson, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars:</b> Buoyed by a breakout season from Blake Bortles, Robinson led the NFL in plays of 20-plus yards last season, using his 6-foot-3 frame, astonishing 42-inch vertical leap and exceptional ball skills to post up smaller cornerbacks. Now Bortles' sloppy mechanics are backsliding to rookie-year form, sabotaging the offense and leaving Robinson out of the top 50 in big plays.

Sux for me because he's on my fantasy team & I'm having to start Eddie Royal with Brian Hoyer as his QB. 

Quote:In Jacksonville with a sloppy, backsliding QB

Sux for me because he's on my fantasy team & I'm having to start Eddie Royal with Brian Hoyer as his QB. 

Jaguars just aren't ready to perform in the FF spotlight. We can't have anything nice.
Pretty much the same thing with Hopkins. Osweiler is so horrid that Hopkins did lightyear better with Hoyer and company last year.
Every time brick throws it to Hopkins it's in the ground,almost picked or picked. More than half the time he's open for a guy his caliber
He needs Romo.
I don't think that blurb is 100% accurate. I would also attribute Arob's drop in production to Greg Olson, Marqise Lee, and our horrid running game.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724166/article/todd-gurley-andrew-luck-headline-trapped-players'>In Jacksonville with a sloppy, backsliding QB</a>

I guess you'll be really upset about Eddie Royal not playing this week because he lost his toe in an unfortunate Jalen Ramsey incident then?
I knew the jags would take a step back fantasy wise but I thought it would be because they would be spreading the ball around to all the targets, not due to an overall lack of production.

Unfortunate for Arob though because he can be a special player in this league if he has the QB to get him the ball.

Imagine Brady, Philip Rivers or Brees with out WRs and TEs......

Arob would never end a season under 12 tds 80 catches and 1100 yards
I think A-Rob will do fine again if they can just be able to avg 4 yard per carry against a 7 man box.   That'll open up the play action pass again which is where much of A-Robs deeper routes came into play last year.

Bortles shoring up his mechanics will help some, the run game just being "serviceable" will help a bit  more IMO.  

Also - as mentioned -  a healthy Marqise Lee is drawng away 6 or 7 targets per game would be split between Hurns, A-Rob and Thomas last year. 

Many folks (myself included) anticipated a drop in Robinson's numbers this year. We just thought it would be due to a healthy run game and more balance. Not because of a worsened run game and regression from the young QB :/

Quote:Imagine Brady, Philip Rivers or Brees with out WRs and TEs......

Arob would never end a season under 12 tds 80 catches and 1100 yards
Likely true -

Also imagine what Blake, TJ and Ivory could get done behind Dallas' O-Line. 
Quote:Likely true -

Also imagine what Blake, TJ and Ivory could get done behind Dallas' O-Line. 

Imagine what Brady could do with our WR/TEs behind Dallas' O-line!
Quote:Imagine what Brady could do with our WR/TEs behind Dallas' O-line!

Haha. That would be insane.  
Is we going to beat the same horse over and over again with Blake?

Quote:Is we going to beat the same horse over and over again with Blake?
Ask Chris Wesseling.  He wrote it. 
I wish he would have trapped that ball that bounced off his numbers in the end zone on that first drive last Sunday. That game would have probably been much different.

We get it, BB5 is in a slump. Hopefully he snapped out of it in that 4th quarter last week and he stays out of it.

Quote:I wish he would have trapped that ball that bounced off his numbers in the end zone on that first drive last Sunday.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Quote:I wish he would have trapped that ball that bounced off his numbers in the end zone on that first drive last Sunday. That game would have probably been much different.

We get it, BB5 is in a slump. Hopefully he snapped out of it in that 4th quarter last week and he stays out of it.
I also wish he had trapped that ball at the end of the GB game.....
When are we going to allow blake to just throw it up like he did last year. This year we rarely take deep shots. Everything is based off a non existing run game.
Robinson has dropped 3 TDs this year and is struggling to get open.
Pages: 1 2 3 4