Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 19 foreign nationals charged with illegal voting during 2016 election
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And the Democrats think this doesn't happen? These are just the poeple that got caught......

19 foreign nationals charged with illegal voting during 2016 election

Nineteen foreign nationals have been charged with illegal voting in the 2016 election, the Justice Department said Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/...ction.html
GOP failed in attempt to suppress the black vote. I find that much more interesting.
(08-24-2018, 11:16 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]GOP failed in attempt to suppress the black vote. I find that much more interesting.

If you're so interested in it, can you please provide a link so we know what you're specifically talking about?

(08-24-2018, 04:01 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]And the Democrats think this doesn't happen? These are just the poeple that got caught......

Nineteen foreign nationals have been charged with illegal voting in the 2016 election, the Justice Department said Friday.

Democrats and voter fraud... shocking!
(08-24-2018, 11:16 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]GOP failed in attempt to suppress the black vote. I find that much more interesting.

And when trying to boost votes in an election this makes sense how? Especially when attempting to earn the vote of the second largest race demographic. 

All sqeak and no substance in your post as usual.
(08-25-2018, 08:44 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

And when trying to boost votes in an election this makes sense how? Especially when attempting to earn the vote of the second largest race demographic. 

This is just a watered down version of the spittle-flecked lies promoted by some on the left after the Bush/Gore election. I'm sorry, (s)election, Rolleyes . Anyway, there were rampant stories floating around the leftist online hateverse (and some mainstream media) that there were armed roadblocks with attack dogs turning black voters away from the polls. 
This would prompt any thinking person to remark "you can't make this stuff up", but they sure as heck did.
(08-24-2018, 04:01 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]And the Democrats think this doesn't happen? These are just the poeple that got caught......

Democrats have never denied that voter fraud exists.
They are denying that it exists in high enough numbers to swing an actual election.  This story is evidence in favor of their position, actually.  As hard as it is to prove a negative, here a grand jury apparently went over things with a fine-toothed comb and only got 19 cases.  They need to get over 1000 in a single county before it's something that could swing an election.
Another stellar thread started by Drifter!

Keep up the good work dude.
(08-25-2018, 10:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 08:44 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]And when trying to boost votes in an election this makes sense how? Especially when attempting to earn the vote of the second largest race demographic. 

This is just a watered down version of the spittle-flecked lies promoted by some on the left after the Bush/Gore election. I'm sorry, (s)election, Rolleyes . Anyway, there were rampant stories floating around the leftist online hateverse (and some mainstream media) that there were armed roadblocks with attack dogs turning black voters away from the polls. 
This would prompt any thinking person to remark "you can't make this stuff up", but they sure as heck did.

What I heard was that people at polling stations on Jacksonville's Northside were very insistent that voters had to vote on every page, even though the presidential candidates were spread out over two pages. no one was able to get to the bottom off if the people giving bad information were with the supervisor's office or were observers from the Republican Party. Regardless, an extraordinary number of over-votes were thrown out in those areas that year, and the supervisor destroyed all of the ballots the very minute he was legally allowed to do so, before the Gore campaign became aware of the problem. That last part was reported in the Florida Times-Union at the time.
(08-25-2018, 10:46 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Democrats have never denied that voter fraud exists.
They are denying that it exists in high enough numbers to swing an actual election.  This story is evidence in favor of their position, actually.  As hard as it is to prove a negative, here a grand jury apparently went over things with a fine-toothed comb and only got 19 cases.  They need to get over 1000 in a single county before it's something that could swing an election.

Yes, they did in fact deny it existed. They bashed Trump and GOP for even suggesting such a thing. I’m sure we all remember the last POTUS actually encouraging voter fraud in his TV interview. Until now, fraud was not being investigated on a larger scale, which is the reason for low numbers. The immediate destruction or lack of hard evidence is another. A proper system of accountability may be in order but there goes the Dems plausible deniability.

I’m curious to see what kind of pushback arises when the topic of mandatory voter IDs comes up again. Seems between all this fraud and collusion it would be the perfect “comprehensive” solution.

(08-25-2018, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Another stellar thread started by Drifter!

Keep up the good work dude.
Thumbs up for another informative response!
Trump said there were 3 million illegal voters, right? Is this like when he said he had the biggest inauguration?
(08-25-2018, 05:46 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 10:46 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Democrats have never denied that voter fraud exists.

Yes, they did in fact deny it existed. They bashed Trump and GOP for even suggesting such a thing. I’m sure we all remember the last POTUS actually encouraging voter fraud in his TV interview. Until now, fraud was not being investigated on a larger scale, which is the reason for low numbers. The immediate destruction or lack of hard evidence is another. A proper system of accountability may be in order but there goes the Dems plausible deniability.

I’m curious to see what kind of pushback arises when the topic of mandatory voter IDs comes up again. Seems between all this fraud and collusion it would be the perfect “comprehensive” solution.

The President was bashed for suggesting that voter fraud had a significant effect.  It didn't, and he should be smart enough to know that.

I don't know what you mean by "mandatory voter ID." Isn't that what Florida has had for about 20 years now?
(08-26-2018, 01:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 05:46 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, they did in fact deny it existed. They bashed Trump and GOP for even suggesting such a thing. I’m sure we all remember the last POTUS actually encouraging voter fraud in his TV interview. Until now, fraud was not being investigated on a larger scale, which is the reason for low numbers. The immediate destruction or lack of hard evidence is another. A proper system of accountability may be in order but there goes the Dems plausible deniability.

The President was bashed for suggesting that voter fraud had a significant effect.  It didn't, and he should be smart enough to know that.

I don't know what you mean by "mandatory voter ID." Isn't that what Florida has had for about 20 years now?

You can't say "it didn't" anymore than Trump could say it did. There isn't enough accounting to know how many people voted illegally. That's especially true in California, where well over 3 million foreign nationals have drivers licences and thus could also have slipped past the registration system. 19 people were caught, but "caught" is usually a small percentage of the total of any crime. And North Carolina has probably fewer foreign nationals than average.

So yeah, voted fraud could be a problem, and there could have been 3 million illegal votes cast in California. It's much likely a lot less, but not an insignificant number. We can't know for sure unless there are stronger safeguards in place. You clearly are one of the Leftists who opposes such safeguards.
(08-26-2018, 02:05 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2018, 01:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The President was bashed for suggesting that voter fraud had a significant effect.  It didn't, and he should be smart enough to know that.

You can't say "it didn't" anymore than Trump could say it did. There isn't enough accounting to know how many people voted illegally. That's especially true in California, where well over 3 million foreign nationals have drivers licences and thus could also have slipped past the registration system. 19 people were caught, but "caught" is usually a small percentage of the total of any crime. And North Carolina has probably fewer foreign nationals than average.

So yeah, voted fraud could be a problem, and there could have been 3 million illegal votes cast in California. It's much likely a lot less, but not an insignificant number. We can't know for sure unless there are stronger safeguards in place. You clearly are one of the Leftists who opposes such safeguards.

Well what safeguards are we talking about? I think Florida does a good job.  What more need to be done? Don't presume I don't want more to be done.  Ask.
(08-26-2018, 02:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2018, 02:05 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]You can't say "it didn't" anymore than Trump could say it did. There isn't enough accounting to know how many people voted illegally. That's especially true in California, where well over 3 million foreign nationals have drivers licences and thus could also have slipped past the registration system. 19 people were caught, but "caught" is usually a small percentage of the total of any crime. And North Carolina has probably fewer foreign nationals than average.

Well what safeguards are we talking about? I think Florida does a good job.  What more need to be done? Don't presume I don't want more to be done.  Ask.

You were defending the status quo that allowed illegal voting in North Carolina, so my presumption was backed by your rhetoric. And yet you still didn't say you wanted more done. But that's no surprise from a fake Republican.

I agree that Florida does a good job. I don't know whether or not that's enough, but there haven't been any illegal votes cast in Florida recently that I know of. State issued drivers licenses with photographs  that are almost impossible to counterfeit should work. In the past it was just assumed that merely voting was not worth the risk of getting caught, but in today's political hate-fest that's no longer true.