Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marqise Lee to undergo season ending knee surgery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Man. Going into last season we had Allen Robinson, hurns, lee. Won’t have any of them this year. No disrespect to the even younger bucks we have now, but it’s kind of depressing
Hoping for a smooth, speedy recovery.
I think we all knew he was done for the year... I just wanted to know if he was going to be ok outside of his football career. That was a tough injury.
Bad news but the good news is we have a lot of young hungry WR's to fill the role.
Not surprising, but that really sucks.

Get well soon, Marqise,
Players that do illegal hits causing big injuries like this should be penalized a large sum of money and/or games.
Looked like the roll after the initial hit is what caused his foot to stick and knee to bend.... Dang, our young WRs going to have to step up big time again!
(08-27-2018, 12:09 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]Players that do illegal hits causing big injuries like this should be penalized a large sum of money and/or games.

The new penalty rule sucks and most likely resulted in the defender going low, which we will see a lot more often.  The defender was just trying to make a tackle, which I personally don't have an issue.
(08-27-2018, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2018, 12:09 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]Players that do illegal hits causing big injuries like this should be penalized a large sum of money and/or games.

The new penalty rule sucks and most likely resulted in the defender going low, which we will see a lot more often.  The defender was just trying to make a tackle, which I personally don't have an issue.

This.

I put this in a different category than the Ray Buchanon hit that ended Tavian Banks' career (ironically also against the Falcons).

Buchanon had the choice to go high or low, or actually not hit him at all since he was already out of bounds.  He went knee hunting.

Now, if you don't go low, you risk a penalty.

I think the new rules have made it almost impossible to tackle a fast moving target.
Bummer. Next man up! That Moncrief signing looks like it makes a ton of sense now doesn't it? I like Lee. But honestly I am very excited about this group of quiet unknowns.

Westbrook, Cole, Chark & Moncrief can make some things happen. It's there. We've already seen some flashes. Plus, if they keep running that dual back formation with Grant and Yeldon in the mix and they keep a rotation going at TE we'll stay afloat with this defense and ground game.
(08-27-2018, 12:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2018, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The new penalty rule sucks and most likely resulted in the defender going low, which we will see a lot more often.  The defender was just trying to make a tackle, which I personally don't have an issue.

This.

I put this in a different category than the Ray Buchanon hit that ended Tavian Banks' career (ironically also against the Falcons).

Buchanon had the choice to go high or low, or actually not hit him at all since he was already out of bounds.  He went knee hunting.

Now, if you don't go low, you risk a penalty.

I think the new rules have made it almost impossible to tackle a fast moving target.

I think he'll still get fined because he was flagged for the new rule. From what I understand, they've been fining quite a few guys
I feel terrible for Lee. He's a good guy. We signed him for a reason, and hopefully our young guns can compensate.
Cole and Westbrooks time is now
One thing the Jags will miss with Lee is his willingness to block in the run game. Guy was really good at that.
(08-27-2018, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]One thing the Jags will miss with Lee is his willingness to block in the run game. Guy was really good at that.

Agreed definitely the best blocking WR we have
I know Kazee wasn't getting too hurt Lee. He certainly has said the right things, but the he didn't have to go so low
(08-27-2018, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]One thing the Jags will miss with Lee is his willingness to block in the run game. Guy was really good at that.

(08-27-2018, 01:20 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]I know Kazee wasn't getting too hurt Lee. He certainly has said the right things, but the he didn't have to go so low

He'll be missed in the running game for sure. As far as the hit he took. Kazee went way too low on that hit. He had enough time to wrap him up or aim for the body. It wasn't one of those bang-bang plays where everything was moving too fast. It was a catch inside and he had time to adjust his technique.
I think the injury is a bit more serious then ACL or MCL. They are just calling it an injury right now. Might be somthing like Bridgewater had.
Sucks... Might be more talented guys in that receiver room, but he was the veteran leader of the group.
Praying they can put him back together right - that injury looked real bad.
Pages: 1 2