Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee to undergo season ending knee surgery

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man. Going into last season we had Allen Robinson, hurns, lee. Won’t have any of them this year. No disrespect to the even younger bucks we have now, but it’s kind of depressing

Hoping for a smooth, speedy recovery.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think we all knew he was done for the year... I just wanted to know if he was going to be ok outside of his football career. That was a tough injury.

Bad news but the good news is we have a lot of young hungry WR's to fill the role.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Not surprising, but that really sucks.

Get well soon, Marqise,

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Players that do illegal hits causing big injuries like this should be penalized a large sum of money and/or games.

Looked like the roll after the initial hit is what caused his foot to stick and knee to bend.... Dang, our young WRs going to have to step up big time again!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 12:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-27-2018, 12:09 PM)jjgator Wrote: Players that do illegal hits causing big injuries like this should be penalized a large sum of money and/or games.

The new penalty rule sucks and most likely resulted in the defender going low, which we will see a lot more often.  The defender was just trying to make a tackle, which I personally don't have an issue.

(08-27-2018, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 12:09 PM)jjgator Wrote: Players that do illegal hits causing big injuries like this should be penalized a large sum of money and/or games.

The new penalty rule sucks and most likely resulted in the defender going low, which we will see a lot more often.  The defender was just trying to make a tackle, which I personally don't have an issue.

This.

I put this in a different category than the Ray Buchanon hit that ended Tavian Banks' career (ironically also against the Falcons).

Buchanon had the choice to go high or low, or actually not hit him at all since he was already out of bounds.  He went knee hunting.

Now, if you don't go low, you risk a penalty.

I think the new rules have made it almost impossible to tackle a fast moving target.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 12:29 PM by Caldrac.)

Bummer. Next man up! That Moncrief signing looks like it makes a ton of sense now doesn't it? I like Lee. But honestly I am very excited about this group of quiet unknowns.

Westbrook, Cole, Chark & Moncrief can make some things happen. It's there. We've already seen some flashes. Plus, if they keep running that dual back formation with Grant and Yeldon in the mix and they keep a rotation going at TE we'll stay afloat with this defense and ground game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-27-2018, 12:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The new penalty rule sucks and most likely resulted in the defender going low, which we will see a lot more often.  The defender was just trying to make a tackle, which I personally don't have an issue.

This.

I put this in a different category than the Ray Buchanon hit that ended Tavian Banks' career (ironically also against the Falcons).

Buchanon had the choice to go high or low, or actually not hit him at all since he was already out of bounds.  He went knee hunting.

Now, if you don't go low, you risk a penalty.

I think the new rules have made it almost impossible to tackle a fast moving target.

I think he'll still get fined because he was flagged for the new rule. From what I understand, they've been fining quite a few guys
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I feel terrible for Lee. He's a good guy. We signed him for a reason, and hopefully our young guns can compensate.

Cole and Westbrooks time is now

One thing the Jags will miss with Lee is his willingness to block in the run game. Guy was really good at that.

(08-27-2018, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: One thing the Jags will miss with Lee is his willingness to block in the run game. Guy was really good at that.

Agreed definitely the best blocking WR we have

I know Kazee wasn't getting too hurt Lee. He certainly has said the right things, but the he didn't have to go so low

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 01:26 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-27-2018, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: One thing the Jags will miss with Lee is his willingness to block in the run game. Guy was really good at that.

(08-27-2018, 01:20 PM)jagboss Wrote: I know Kazee wasn't getting too hurt Lee. He certainly has said the right things, but the he didn't have to go so low

He'll be missed in the running game for sure. As far as the hit he took. Kazee went way too low on that hit. He had enough time to wrap him up or aim for the body. It wasn't one of those bang-bang plays where everything was moving too fast. It was a catch inside and he had time to adjust his technique.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think the injury is a bit more serious then ACL or MCL. They are just calling it an injury right now. Might be somthing like Bridgewater had.

Sucks... Might be more talented guys in that receiver room, but he was the veteran leader of the group.
Praying they can put him back together right - that injury looked real bad.