Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The CUT THREAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Carroll Phillips cut
(08-31-2018, 02:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...1668759553

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...7746421760

Grinnage waived, Michael Dunn waived

Mickens is a flat out mistake. He's a fumbler. Four punt return fumbles last year. Did I mention he is a fumbler? I wonder if somebody might mention the fact that Mickens is a fumbler to the Jaguars' whiz bang brain trust of analysts?

Herndon appears to be a somebody has a wet dream. Herndon was NOT impressive enough to offer a precious roster spot.

Grinnage had about no chance to make the team. Dunn probably wasn't given much opportunity. 

So far, so bad. The Jaguars appear to be heading in the wrong direction. At lease beauty is skin-deep. After the manglers get done with cuts the Jaguars won't even have that kind of depth to their credit.

Has the fact that Mickens is a fumbler sink in yet? If no, you really have no right to complain next year when Mickens FUMBLES away a Super Bowl.
(08-31-2018, 02:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Carroll Phillips cut

I think he's a PS candidate if no one picks him up.
He made some plays last night.

(08-31-2018, 02:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...1668759553

Re: Herndon
I'm guessing Myrick played his way OFF the roster last night.
And Meeks likely lands on PS if they only carry 5 CBs
(08-31-2018, 02:26 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty much. Herndon also offers a bit more flexibility at CB since he can play nickel as well as outside. Although Meeks can play some safety too.
Hearing rumors of a Bohanon cut , but I'm not buying it.

Unless he's really banged up after leaving the game late following a ST kick coverage play. He ran off holding his wrist/hand seemingly in pain.
(08-31-2018, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing rumors of a Bohanon cut , but I'm not buying it.

Unless he's really banged up after leaving the game late following a ST kick coverage play. He ran off holding his wrist/hand seemingly in pain.

Hmm. Could be IR’d.

Marquez Williams (our former 7th round pick) was just recently released from the Browns. Could be an option there. Or we could be looking to go heavy at TE and use Koyack/Orndoff in an H-back type role. Or maybe even possibly keep Cooks or Wilds and let them moonlight at FB.
(08-31-2018, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing rumors of a Bohanon cut , but I'm not buying it.

YA KNOW..... I've heard this rumor pop up once or twice throughout camp...
I don't like it...
Firstly... I remember not too long ago when we didn't use a FB... and short yardage seemed to suffer.
Secondly, Tommy B has actually been a nice lil outlet for Blake on some passing situations. Soft hands... great blocker...

If he's hurt... then he's hurt and it is what it is. But IMO, straight cutting him (or the FB position in general) seems like a bad idea that has already been tried.
TE's and DE/DTs as blockers regularly in the backfield is a terrible offensive strategy lol
(08-31-2018, 02:29 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018, 02:26 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's a PS candidate if no one picks him up.

Pretty much. Herndon also offers a bit more flexibility at CB since he can play nickel as well as outside. Although Meeks can play some safety too.

Herndon looks like Buster Keaton trying to catch a train with one arm. Time after time his total lack of ball awareness causes this comical reaction. Meeks is a much better player.

(08-31-2018, 02:37 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]

YA KNOW..... I've heard this rumor pop up once or twice throughout camp...
I don't like it...
Firstly... I remember not too long ago when we didn't use a FB... and short yardage seemed to suffer.
Secondly, Tommy B has actually been a nice lil outlet for Blake on some passing situations. Soft hands... great blocker...

If he's hurt... then he's hurt and it is what it is. But IMO, straight cutting him (or the FB position in general) seems like a bad idea that has already been tried.
TE's and DE/DTs as blockers regularly in the backfield is a terrible offensive strategy lol

Boselli pompously predicted Bohanon would NOT make the roster on the radio prior to last night's game. 

As I said, the Jaguars are a house of cards ready to collapse under their own pressure.

Until we get all these former Jaguars gutted out of the front office, Boselli, Lageman, Taylor, etc. they will continue to sabotage the franchise for the benefit of their "legacies".
(08-31-2018, 02:57 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]

As I said, the Jaguars are a house of cards ready to collapse under their own pressure.

Until we get all these former Jaguars gutted out of the front office, Boselli, Lageman, Taylor, etc...

Your deranged theories are becoming annoying. None of the players you mentioned work in the front office BTW.
(08-31-2018, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Until we get all these former Jaguars gutted out of the front office, Boselli, Lageman, Taylor, etc...

Your deranged theories are becoming annoying. None of the players you mentioned work in the front office BTW.

He’s going back to his old former board ways....aka trolling.
(08-31-2018, 02:37 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmm. Could be IR’d.

Marquez Williams (our former 7th round pick) was just recently released from the Browns. Could be an option there. Or we could be looking to go heavy at TE and use Koyack/Orndoff in an H-back type role. Or maybe even possibly keep Cooks or Wilds and let them moonlight at FB.
Bohanon lacked competition in camp. That's the Jaguars' fault for NOT providing Tommy much of a challenge. As others point out, we tried no fullback. It doesn't work. 

If Tommy is injured, the Jaguars GM, David Caldwell, needs to find a suitable replacement.

Wilds deserves a roster spot at RB. That leaves the Jaguars to ponder converting Cook to FB.

All of these former players PUBLICLY are expressing their opinions about Jaguars' current player personnel OPENLY over airwaves bought and paid for by The Jaguars, the official franchise of the NFL located in Jacksonville.

It doesn't get any more OFFICIAL than that, as a matter of fact.
Nooooo don't cut Tommy Pro Bowl

The blatant trolling is definitely annoying.

Folks round here lucky I ain't got that MOD power lol
I'd be the ban hammer for sure.
You get banned. and you get banned.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzlRnsUDcylrt4d3ajoX3...5i-Qnt8EB4]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHwvmPXmPxbxIW-t_QE38...ULNqDdKpfs]
(08-31-2018, 03:07 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Your deranged theories are becoming annoying. None of the players you mentioned work in the front office BTW.

All of these players PUBLICLY are expressing their opinions about Jaguars' player personnel OPENLY over airwaves bought and paid for by The Jaguars, the official franchise of the NFL located in Jacksonville.

It doesn't get any more OFFICIAL than that.

LOL

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.  Opinions from talking heads are not official in any capacity. 
Lageman has repeatedly touted bubble players he's liked year after year only for them to be cut over and over again. Boselli guesses TC and Caldwell's moves about as accurately as your boy AJ McCarron threw the football yesterday.  The FO of the Jags wouldn't take Taylor's advice on what hot sauce to put on their tacos much less personnel. 
You need to see a therapist with all of these delusions you're experiencing.
(08-31-2018, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018, 03:07 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]

All of these players PUBLICLY are expressing their opinions about Jaguars' player personnel OPENLY over airwaves bought and paid for by The Jaguars, the official franchise of the NFL located in Jacksonville.

It doesn't get any more OFFICIAL than that.

LOL

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.  Opinions from talking heads are not official in any capacity. 
Lageman has repeatedly touted bubble players he's liked year after year only for them to be cut over and over again. Boselli guesses TC and Caldwell's moves about as accurately as your boy AJ McCarron threw the football yesterday.  The FO of the Jags wouldn't take Taylor's advice on what hot sauce to put on their tacos much less personnel. 

A. J. McCarron took camp fodder and won. Your point is well-received. 

I saw in a recent thread, you mentioned Mickens fumbled four times last season. Rare that this kind of ineptitude (Mickens fumbling penchant, that is) doesn't seen to stop the titanic steamboat from forging further up the shallow creek.

This is Jacksonville. What's delusion and reality here?
(08-31-2018, 02:26 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed. Carroll Phillips would be a nice addition to the PS. He flashed at times. Myrick has to be gone. He was burnt multiple times last night. Meeks was a little inconsistent, but showed really good promise. Given time, I think he could be a solid role player. I definitely think he's a shoe-in for the PS.
(08-31-2018, 02:25 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]

Mickens is a flat out mistake. He's a fumbler. Four punt return fumbles last year. Did I mention he is a fumbler? I wonder if somebody might mention the fact that Mickens is a fumbler to the Jaguars' whiz bang brain trust of analysts?

Herndon appears to be a somebody has a wet dream. Herndon was NOT impressive enough to offer a precious roster spot.

Grinnage had about no chance to make the team. Dunn probably wasn't given much opportunity. 

So far, so bad. The Jaguars appear to be heading in the wrong direction. At lease beauty is skin-deep. After the manglers get done with cuts the Jaguars won't even have that kind of depth to their credit.

Has the fact that Mickens is a fumbler sink in yet? If no, you really have no right to complain next year when Mickens FUMBLES away a Super Bowl.
Thisnis coming from the guy who thinks McCarron is gawd. How'd he do last night?
(08-31-2018, 03:20 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

A. J. McCarron took camp fodder and won. Your point is well-received. 

I saw in a recent thread, you mentioned Mickens fumbled four times last season. Rare that this kind of ineptitude (Mickens fumbling penchant, that is) doesn't seen to stop the titanic steamboat from forging further up the shallow creek.

This is Jacksonville. What's delusion and reality here?

1. McCarron had a 38.2% completion rate last night.  Slightly more accurate than Boselli's predictions.

2. Mickens is the 6th receiver and one of three punt returners on the roster. Four fumbles are not a grave concern given how easily his role can be filled if he screws up. 

3. I'm serious. See the therapist. You need help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8