Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I’m glad Greene made the team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good things happen when guys get that last chance. One more shot type of scenario.

His quickness and hands will be much needed. He’s the perfect a lot receiver. 

I’m rooting for him.
Of course I'm rooting for him like I do all the players, however, I thought the spot was going to be Koyack's while secretly hoping it would be Wilds'.
The Lee injury may have saved either Greene or Mickens. Not sure which one.

Either way - it's cool having them both around. Greene has that one last shot at redemption and we'll probably get to see if Mickens return game is more than a fluke.

Funny - back around draft time I was mocked here for just suggesting Greene would be in training camp competing for a spot. LOL
Greene hasn't done anything the whole time he has been here really this has to be his last chance.
(09-01-2018, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The Lee injury may have saved either Greene or Mickens. Not sure which one.

Either way - it's cool having them both around. Greene has that one last shot at redemption and we'll probably get to see if Mickens return game is more than a fluke.

Funny - back around draft time I was mocked here for just suggesting Greene would be in training camp competing for a spot. LOL

I think you have it wrong.

Look at it this way.

Why aren't the Jaguars expecting Westbrook to do his job? He is a extraordinary punt returner? With Rashad Greene on the IR, Westbrook only returned one punt last season and an additional roster spot was generated for Mickens. 

I don't like it that the Jaguars are pampering the guy. Especially when he was drafted for the purpose of returning punts. 

Look at how many roster spots Westbrook's reluctance to field punts is taking up.

Westbrook needs to do his job or hit the highway.
The trolling is reaching JDub levels of annoyance
(09-01-2018, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The Lee injury may have saved either Greene or Mickens. Not sure which one.

Greene probably. I think Mickens is an explosive special teams player and would make the roster, I always hold my breath when he touches the ball (both in a negative and positive way) but it seems like he can make good things happen any time he touches the ball.  I was hoping Koyack made the roster but that's how it goes when you have a lot of talent to pick from.
(09-01-2018, 07:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]The trolling is reaching JDub levels of annoyance

Just curious, what ever happened with jdub
(09-01-2018, 08:22 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 07:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]The trolling is reaching JDub levels of annoyance

Just curious, what ever happened with jdub

Eternal banishment.
Really can’t believe we are wasting a roster spot on Greene. People loved him in ‘15 because he was a PPR Fantasy wonder for one game when he had like ten catches for 20yds but other than that he’s contributed nothing to this team
(09-01-2018, 07:33 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]...
  ...   Why aren't the Jaguars expecting Westbrook to do his job? He is a(n) extraordinary punt returner? ...
NFL football teams commonly protect their top three or four receivers from injury potential by NOT using them in the return game.  It's very, very common.
(09-01-2018, 08:53 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Really can’t believe we are wasting a roster spot on Greene. People loved him in ‘15 because he was a PPR Fantasy wonder for one game when he had like ten catches for 20yds but other than that he’s contributed nothing to this team

Kinda agree. Greene is a brittle player of decent potential and not much production. A less healthy version of Alvis Whitted.
(09-01-2018, 09:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 08:53 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Really can’t believe we are wasting a roster spot on Greene. People loved him in ‘15 because he was a PPR Fantasy wonder for one game when he had like ten catches for 20yds but other than that he’s contributed nothing to this team

Kinda agree. Greene is a brittle player of decent potential and not much production. A less healthy version of Alvis Whitted.

But, Alvis couldn't catch.
(09-01-2018, 09:12 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 09:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda agree. Greene is a brittle player of decent potential and not much production. A less healthy version of Alvis Whitted.

Remember John Broussard? I think he could catch and he was fast like Alvis and small like Rashad, but all he could do was run in a straight line.

I'm with you. Greene will probably be gone as soon as one of the RB gets injured and the team has to bring someone in. I'd rather the team hung on to one of the bigger young guys than keep Greene. I just don't see a significant chance for him to contribute.
(09-01-2018, 09:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm with you. Greene will probably be gone as soon as one of the RB gets injured and the team has to bring someone in. I'd rather the team hung on to one of the bigger young guys than keep Greene. I just don't see a significant chance for him to contribute.

The reason is not that Greene is more valuable on the field, it's that he would probably be claimed and has potential trade value. Wilds will probably make it to the practice squad and be available should one of the RBs get injured, and I doubt that would be the case with Greene or Mickens.
(09-01-2018, 09:39 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 09:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with you. Greene will probably be gone as soon as one of the RB gets injured and the team has to bring someone in. I'd rather the team hung on to one of the bigger young guys than keep Greene. I just don't see a significant chance for him to contribute.

The reason is not that Greene is more valuable on the field, it's that he would probably be claimed and has potential trade value. Wilds will probably make it to the practice squad and be available should one of the RBs get injured, and I doubt that would be the case with Greene or Mickens.

Does he? I don't see it. He's not fast, he's not big, he doesn't have a track record of production. What he has is a track record of injuries and fumbles.
Greene will be inactive on game days unless somebody gets hurt.
(09-01-2018, 09:12 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 09:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda agree. Greene is a brittle player of decent potential and not much production. A less healthy version of Alvis Whitted.

And yet he outperformed Greene thus far in their respective careers. Should tell you something.
(09-01-2018, 09:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 09:39 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Does he? I don't see it. He's not fast, he's not big, he doesn't have a track record of production. What he has is a track record of injuries and fumbles.

All of this "production" talk with Greene is a bit misconstrued. He's barely seen the field on offense in the regular season.

He's never started a game and has limited snaps in 13 total regular season games.  I'm not sure what great production we're supposed to expect from the kid. If he stays healthy and the Jags suffer any injuries at WR he's a solid option to take over the slot receiver role.

I suppose Mickens has grabbed the bull by the horns more with his receiving opportunities, but maybe I'm just worried there's some flukiness involved as opposed to sustainability. I could be wrong about that.

Then there's the return stuff:

Mickens:  27 Punt Returns -  287 yards - 10.6 yd avg  - Long 72-yds - 3 fumbles (on PR) 

Greene:   39 punt returns - 432 yards  -  11.1 yd avg -  Long  73 yds - 5 fumbles 

They are practically identical returners statistically.
Pages: 1 2