Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: These refs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What gives? Who did we anger to deserve such treatment?
We got hosed a few times more than the Giants but I honestly think those guys just kinda stink at getting calls right at times, even when the are standing right there watching something go down. We got the W so its not as bad now, at least.
There was a ton of missed calls and it seemed a bit lopsided but overall I think the refs let em play.
I was wondering that for most of the game, but the last Hayden play looked like the worst of all the PI’s. Guess that makes up for some of the others. Still really sloppy play overall though.
Because we won it makes me be more objective with hindsight. That said... I tuned into the Giants Broadcast on Fox TV. Jeez proving why big market guys moving to the broadcast booth leads to bias broadcasting.

I think Romo and Akin are good in contrast to what we got today.
Refs were fine in my opinion. Only one I thought was over the top was the one on Gipson for holding. Cam Robinson looked like Dante out there with his BONEHEADED penalties.
Yep, refs were fine. I agree there was that one bad defensive holding, but we also got away with a blatant mugging in the middle of the field on that 3rd and 18 play Engram almost converted anyway. And then Hayden definitely could have gotten flagged for contact at the very end of the game. The horse collar was a tough call that could have gone either way. He definitely got the front of the collar first, which is legal, but then as they rolled over he grabbed the back too. Considering the spirit of the rule is to stop the backwards jerk down play I think it was an okay no call. Other than that I thought all of the flags looked legit both ways.
We are screwed next week
I think it was iffy in the first half. The second half was a lot better officiating IMO
I had no problem with how the game was called.

We just need to clean up our penalties.
(09-09-2018, 04:28 PM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]We are screwed next week

This
My take is the 50/50 calls always seem to go against us. I know I am biased but dang. Also it seems (again biased) that we get every questionable call against us at the most inopportune time. But hey we won!
I had a much larger issue with the number of blatant penalties the team absolutely committed than the 1-2 questionable calls that didn't go our way.
(09-09-2018, 05:07 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I had a much larger issue with the number of blatant penalties the team absolutely committed than the 1-2 questionable calls that didn't go our way.

I would lean this way too. It was very sloppy
I think the game was called fair. Not so sure about next week.
(09-09-2018, 05:07 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I had a much larger issue with the number of blatant penalties the team absolutely committed

This is always important, but extra important for us. Long, methodical scoring drive based offenses absolutely need 2nd and 3rd and manageables. Our offense is just not designed to overcome multiple false starts and a hands to the face, with a drop or two sprinkled in.
there were some bad calls thoughout the game,but one that could've really hurt us was Refs not calling the safty we got twice on the Giants in first qtr. cost us 2 points. Luckily we held on to win so no big deal. im just saying. Thank you lucky penny.
(09-09-2018, 04:45 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]My take is the 50/50 calls always seem to go against us.  I know I am biased but dang.  Also it seems (again biased) that we get every questionable call against us at the most inopportune time.  But hey we won!

It’s funny how opposing fans see the same game. I found this gem on the Giants MB:

IMO the vast majority of close calls today went against the Giants... we got a few, but there were more questionable decisions against us.  Bob
I am more concerned with the offensive play calling.... when are they going to grow some balls?....
(09-09-2018, 03:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]What gives? Who did we anger to deserve such treatment?

I’d love for someone to create a graph of penalties by teams ranked by market size over the past several years. I think that would definitely show bias/favoritism. Create another graph just for the playoffs, too, for heightened bias.
Pages: 1 2