Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Patriots Game Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   A rematch of the  AFC Championship Game, as the 2017 AFC Champions and Super Bowl runner-up New England Patriots come to Jacksonville, Florida to play our  AFC South Champions Jaguars in both teams 13th regular season meeting.

New England dominates Jacksonville in the today's 13th all-time meeting, including 8 regular season and 5 postseason games, including January's 2017 AFC Championship Game with their 11-1 record.   Jaguars defeated the Patriots 25-10 in their second NFL season in the 1998 AFC Wild Card Game back in January 3, 1999. but Jacksonville has yet to defeat New England in a regular season game.

Gametime at TIAA Bank Field is scheduled for 4:25P.M. Eastern Standard Time.

NO injuries,  win your first game , and two in a row in front of your loyal fans at TIAA Bank Field, and GO SACKSONVILLE!!!!!
It's weird that most analysts are picking us to win this game. Our offense was a disappointment last week. We'll need to put up more than 13 points on offense.
(09-16-2018, 12:22 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]It's weird that most analysts are picking us to win this game. Our offense was a disappointment last week. We'll need to put up more than 13 points on offense.

Agree, but at the same time I am going full homer and picking the Jags to somehow win by 4 anyway. Our D can pick off Brady for a TD right?
(09-16-2018, 12:22 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]It's weird that most analysts are picking us to win this game. Our offense was a disappointment last week. We'll need to put up more than 13 points on offense.

According go nflpickwatch.com, more than 60% of experts are picking the Patriots to win the game.
And to think just 3 years ago, Jags were 14 point underdogs against the Patriots ?
Both Burkhead and Michel traveled with the team
(09-16-2018, 01:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]

According go nflpickwatch.com, more than 60% of experts are picking the Patriots to win the game.

Wow... so nearly 40 percent of them are picking the Jags to beat the Pats? That's not too shabby.
Looking forward to watching this one. Good luck jags
I’m here in the mountains of western North Carolina expecting the remnants of Florence to knock out my power around, oh, say 4:15 p.m., so I’ll just add my GO JAGS now!
Even while walking the beach at 6 this morning the heat was stifling. I simply do not see how the cheats will function in it. If they don't have the game put away by half time they are done.
Report on NFL network was that Leonard Fournette was likely to sit out this game... really?
(09-16-2018, 06:22 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I’m here in the mountains of western North Carolina expecting the remnants of Florence to knock out my power around, oh, say 4:15 p.m., so I’ll just add my GO JAGS  now!

I'm flying into Vermont this afternoon and will probably watch the game in a sports bar packed with patriots fans (lack of capital P intentional).  

I wonder how they'll react when they see the big cat logo...…….
(09-16-2018, 08:58 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Report on NFL network was that Leonard Fournette was likely to sit out this game... really?

It was inevitable after seeing him wince in pain as they streched his hamstring on the sideline last week.
(09-16-2018, 09:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2018, 06:22 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I’m here in the mountains of western North Carolina expecting the remnants of Florence to knock out my power around, oh, say 4:15 p.m., so I’ll just add my GO JAGS  now!

I'm flying into Vermont this afternoon and will probably watch the game in a sports bar packed with patriots fans (lack of capital P intentional).  

Probably about how you'd expect although a L for the cheatriots would go a long way towards shutting them up. Smile
Excited to be able to watch this game on local TV here in Nashville. Let's go Jags....get some vengeance.
As long as the cheats didn't bring their own refs, we stand a chance.
Calais added to injury report as questionable...I dont see him missing this game tho
Does this mean something happened to Calais’s knee since yesterday?
(09-16-2018, 09:40 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2018, 09:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I'm flying into Vermont this afternoon and will probably watch the game in a sports bar packed with patriots fans (lack of capital P intentional).  

Probably about how you'd expect although a L for the cheatriots would go a long way towards shutting them up. Smile

I doubt that.  It’s like trying to stop a bills fan from jumping into a table or stopping a titans fan from dating his sister.  Go read the discussion portion on NFL.com’s Game Center.  It’s the typical,’ how many Super Bowls...?” Or the “week 2 loss is in no way revenge for winning the afc” , “doesn’t matter about the ref bias, Brady would have just thrown another TD to win anyway.” they’ll never shut up until they lose Brady and BB. Hopefully today will be a beginning to that era