Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game balls and duds week 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bortles:  Outside of a stupid int he played the perfect game.  He was accurate, ran when he had too, and just flat out balled.

Wells:  I think everyone was worried when Robinson went down.  Wells played a heck of a game and Bortles had a clean pocket most of the day.\

Cole: A circus catch and a beautiful TD to boot.  Awesome game

Westbrook:  Awesome catch and run for a long td

Grant:  He was a sproles type of weapon today.  Another human joystick

The offensive line: Bortles had all day back there

The Defensive line:  Brady felt the heat most of the day

Fowler: Strip sack fumble

Duds:

Jenkins:  I blame the int on him and Bortles 50/50.  If it hits his hands he has to make the catch.  Bounce off his hands for a turnover

Chark: Can't turn the ball over

Thats it.  The game overall was a great game that was hard to find much to complain about.
Bortles definitely gets game ball. But Fowler is a close second. That play changed the tide and saved the game.
Norwell with another stupid penalty for the 2nd straight game. Outside of that he had a good game though. He needs to cut out the stupid penalties
Stupid pick? That was a drop all day, that wasn’t a bad throw.
All the rookies get duds! (Except the punter)

This team doesn't need to use rookies right now.
Hands down Blake gets the game ball. That int was ASF’s fault.

No duds for me in this game
How about giving kudos to the guy you wanna trade?
(09-16-2018, 07:41 PM)NoShoes Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid pick?  That was a drop all day, that wasn’t a bad throw.

It was a stupid throw because it was in a super tight window in the middle of the field.
I mean ASJ did catch a Touch Down
(09-16-2018, 07:43 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: [ -> ]All the rookies get duds! (Except the punter)

Harrison had a damn good game, dont see how he gets a dud. Ramsey gave up the TD not Harrison
(09-16-2018, 07:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles:  Outside of a stupid int he played the perfect game.  He was accurate, ran when he had too, and just flat out balled.

Wells:  I think everyone was worried when Robinson went down.  Wells played a heck of a game and Bortles had a clean pocket most of the day.\

Cole: A circus catch and a beautiful TD to boot.  Awesome game

Westbrook:  Awesome catch and run for a long td

Grant:  He was a sproles type of weapon today.  Another human joystick

The offensive line: Bortles had all day back there

The Defensive line:  Brady felt the heat most of the day

Fowler: Strip sack fumble

Duds:

Jenkins:  I blame the int on him and Bortles 50/50.  If it hits his hands he has to make the catch.  Bounce off his hands for a turnover

Thats it.  The game overall was a great game that was hard to find much to complain about.
Nah, that INT was 100% on Jenkins, that wasn't Bortles
I also thought the safeties, Dj Hayden plus Boye and Ramsey played extremely well!!!! Myles Jack was all over the field, Telvin made a couple of HUGE tackles.
The only dud would be Chark, and possibly Moncrief (although his one TD is making me more forgiving of his continual drops).

Otherwise, this was a dang near perfect game. I am thrilled.
(09-16-2018, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2018, 07:43 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: [ -> ]All the rookies get duds! (Except the punter)

Harrison had a damn good game, dont see how he gets a dud. Ramsey gave up the TD not Harrison

Forgot about him,  good catch!
Kind of upset with moncrief. He had the TD but there were two other balls I thought he should have been able to pull in. But honestly, I cant be too mad about anything right now. Our team looks great.
(09-16-2018, 07:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2018, 07:41 PM)NoShoes Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid pick?  That was a drop all day, that wasn’t a bad throw.

It was a stupid throw because it was in a super tight window in the middle of the field.

He was open enough and Blake executed it. Just didn’t get execution on the receiving end. Quite frankly we should be applauding the confidence and accuracy.
Bortles and the entire D line were outstanding! Fowler's clutch strip sack was money. D line kept the pressure on Brady all game while getting held every damn play. Seriously the NFL needs to stop this crap with the Pats.... 2 games in a row they did not have a penalty on offense or defense. It's mind blowing how they are gifting everything to the Pats. Grant also played very well. Got to give some kudos to Hackett. Excellent game plan.

Duds:

Moncrief- Had a TD, but man he really just leaves so much to be desired. Two big drops and is doesn't adjust well to back shoulder throws.
Chark- Wrong time to have a turnover.
Wilds- Fumbling at the wrong time.
You guys are so hard to please....the Jaguars just beat
the patriots with a team effort . Even though they were down 904nette, Cam Robinson.....
and with a  receiving corps that many doubted and a huge play by #56.
Looks like BB5 wrist surgery really helped
Come on....celebrate and enjoy the team we have!

And btw.....I saw the cheatriots holding time, after time.....and Thank God that Marrone didn't let the ref get away with that very liberal spot to give them a first down.
Lol, stupid INT? The ball was on target in a tight window and hit him right in the hands. That was not on Bortles at all. He was on fire this game.
(09-16-2018, 08:18 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, stupid INT?  The ball was on target in a tight window and hit him right in the hands.  That was not on Bortles at all.  He was on fire this game.

I'd have to agree. Can't see how it's Blake's fault on that one. 

Corey grant deserves some mention. He made quite a few chain moving plays.
Pages: 1 2 3 4