Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We've come a long way.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm still so happy from Sunday, that game has been circled for a while and I just love how everyone, coaches, players and fans stepped it up this week, we have something very special here.

And in case you forgot, this game was from 3 years ago. Just look at the difference in every aspect. 

I remember we couldn’t buy a WR. We were always looking for a DE. Yes we’ve come a long way.
(09-18-2018, 08:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I remember we couldn’t buy a WR. We were always looking for a DE. Yes we’ve come a long way.

Everything was a struggle. The O line is all over the place and just nothing from the D line. I get we've added quality but this was only 3 years ago, we haven't had a Seattle like player turnover since.

I guess I just find myself asking what was Gus doing? Just such a shift.
(09-18-2018, 08:27 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2018, 08:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I remember we couldn’t buy a WR. We were always looking for a DE. Yes we’ve come a long way.

Everything was a struggle. The O line is all over the place and just nothing from the D line. I get we've added quality but this was only 3 years ago, we haven't had a Seattle like player turnover since.

A better exercise might be to ask what Doug is doing. Yes, he has a talented roster with access to players that Bradley didn't, there's no doubting that. But the turnaround that he has orchestrated is stunning to me. This team looks prepared and ready to play ever since Marrone took over. I cannot look past that.
(09-18-2018, 10:03 AM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2018, 08:27 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything was a struggle. The O line is all over the place and just nothing from the D line. I get we've added quality but this was only 3 years ago, we haven't had a Seattle like player turnover since.

A better exercise might be to ask what Doug is doing. Yes, he has a talented roster with access to players that Bradley didn't, there's no doubting that. But the turnaround that he has orchestrated is stunning to me. This team looks prepared and ready to play ever since Marrone took over. I cannot look past that.

Discipline, execution and game planning are on another level compared to the other recent regimes in Jacksonville. 

The talent plays a big role too, but you’re right. There’s a stark difference in how the talent is being coached.
The true difference is...... no more sprinkles!......
(09-18-2018, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2018, 10:03 AM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]A better exercise might be to ask what Doug is doing. Yes, he has a talented roster with access to players that Bradley didn't, there's no doubting that. But the turnaround that he has orchestrated is stunning to me. This team looks prepared and ready to play ever since Marrone took over. I cannot look past that.

Discipline, execution and game planning are on another level compared to the other recent regimes in Jacksonville. 

The talent plays a big role too, but you’re right. There’s a stark difference in how the talent is being coached.

Quick! Tell Rico!

But seriously, it finally feels like we are back to "professional" coaching around here and not just some jocks who tell stories about how great they were "back in their day". I will admit though, I was not expecting this. Nor was I expecting to like Marrone as much as I do. But I think he is a fine coach who knows how to deal with talent.
I remember when Marrone came here from Buffalo. I was pretty excited about it. He did well with a poor Bills roster and wanted more control over the direction of the team. The owners and GM did the exact opposite. He caught flak because he bailed on his team but the Bills were foolish enough to A.) Not give him what he wanted/needed. And B.) For signing him to a contract that allowed him to opt out AND still get paid. So I didn’t think the sky was falling when we hired him but I honestly didn’t expect this.
Also, man is it weird that thinking back I remember those early 2010 days kind of fondly..not that I want to go back to it by any stretch of imagination, but dang it was fun to get excited about to waiver pick up. It was like fantasy football. We just KNEW that Chastin West from the Packers PS was the answer at WR! I remember the drafts and every pick was going to be a home run. Chris Prosinski baby! Ran a 4.3 at the combine or his pro day. And who can forget our Star UDFA from the Colorado School of Mines!? Good times when ignorance is bliss.
We've come a long way indeed. But we still have a long way to go. Here's to hoping that Sunday's victory over New England was the changing of the guard in the AFC. Teams like New England and Pittsburgh should be on the downward spiral as teams such as ours and Kansas City should be on the upstart for years to come. Keep an eye on Miami and Denver too. They may have a few things to say here shortly if they keep it up.
The difference is night and day between Gus and Marrone. You don't even see or hear much from Doug Marrone, at least I don't. The guy just works. While Gus seemed always busy in front of the camera sugar coating the situation and covering for his a.

W
Gus was a clown show that didn't understand what being a head coach meant.
remember we alot of gus staff still here....so whats the diff?
Doug Marrone with Tom C.
(09-18-2018, 03:40 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]I remember when Marrone came here from Buffalo. I was pretty excited about it. He did well with a poor Bills roster and wanted more control over the direction of the team. The owners and GM did the exact opposite. He caught flak because he bailed on his team but the Bills were foolish enough to A.) Not give him what he wanted/needed. And B.) For signing him to a contract that allowed him to opt out AND still get paid. So I didn’t think the sky was falling when we hired him but I honestly didn’t expect this.
Also, man is it weird that thinking back I remember those early 2010 days kind of fondly..not that I want to go back to it by any stretch of imagination, but dang it was fun to get excited about to waiver pick up. It was like fantasy football. We just KNEW that Chastin West from the Packers PS was the answer at WR! I remember the drafts and every pick was going to be a home run. Chris Prosinski baby! Ran a 4.3 at the combine or his pro day. And who can forget our Star UDFA from the Colorado School of Mines!? Good times when ignorance is bliss.

Prosinski ahh man I remember we thought Troy palumalu.

Mike Sims Walker, Clint Sessions and Clint Ingram. How bout Eugene Monroe.
Monroe at least was quality till injury, sims walker was a disappointment, he had such potential.
I was not happy when Marrone was made HC and even less when TC was hired. I thought it would be "same old, same old." I've never been happier to be wrong and I fully admit, I was really wrong. This team looks to be poised for a serious Superbowl run and we're finally in position where we don't really have a glaring weakness on the roster. This is a great feeling.
Well we stopped drafting from Idaho state community college.
(09-18-2018, 07:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Well we stopped drafting from Idaho state community college.

But those diamonds in the rough!!!
Ninja Kentucky Wesleyan
(09-18-2018, 07:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ninja Kentucky Wesleyan

As good as Cole is, Gene would have drafted him over Cam Robinson in the 2nd.
We have absolutely come a long way from being 3 and 13 and this going on in the locker room after a rare win:

[Image: QIQC1qu.gif]
(09-18-2018, 09:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]We have absolutely come a long way from being 3 and 13 and this going on in the locker room after a rare win:

[Image: QIQC1qu.gif]

To funny
Pages: 1 2